• Published 20th Jun 2020
  • 1,879 Views, 19 Comments

Tummy Wubs - Somber Concerto



Fluttershy walks through a portal, finds herself at the home of a man named Dyllin, and she REALLY wants tummy rubs.

  • ...
6
 19
 1,879

Chapter 3

Back in Equestria...

Twilight was at the park searching for Fluttershy. They hadn't seen her for weeks (Time passes quicker in Equestria.) and she wasn't at her cottage. It was unlike Fluttershy to run off without telling anypony. The remaining ponies decided to split up and see if they could find her, or at least a clue to where she went. Twilight was assigned to the park. If the search of Ponyville failed to turn anything up they would spread the message through Canterlot and other towns and cities nearby. Off in the distance Twilight saw a small white bunny hopping towards her.

"Angel? What are you doing here? Do you know where Fluttershy is?" The bunny nodded his head in reply. He knew where Fluttershy was. Well... sort of. He knew what had happened to her at least. He found a string on the nearby bench and pulled it into a spiral shape. He took a doll he had brought with him (He prepared to have to explain without talking.) and made it touch the string with its hoof. He then pushed it into the sting. He placed the doll behind his back and straightened the string.

"A portal? She got pulled in and it disappeared?!" Twilight asked in Panic. Angel nodded his head once again. "Show me where she was when this happened." She calmly took charge.


"Ugh! There isn't a single word in this entire library about a mysterious disappearing portal in the Everfree!" Shouted twilight in frustration.

"Gee I wonder why. That's not specific at all." Said Rainbow Dash sarcastically.

"Not helping Rainbow Dash!" Said Rarity, taking the words right out of Twilight's mouth.

"I don't know what that portal was or is, but I know who might. Spike, take a letter." Said Twilight to her faithful assistant. "Dear Princess Celestia, Fluttershy has disappeared through a portal in the Everfree. The portal then disappeared. I did not find anything in the books at either Canterlot or my castle's library. If you know anything about it, please respond as soon as possible. Sincerely, your Faithfull st-No, Fellow Princess, Twilight Sparkle."

"Twi-light Spar-kle, got it! Now I just gotta send it." Said Spike. In a puff of fire and clouds, the scroll disappeared. A few minutes later, Celestia arrived at Twilight's Castle.

"I think I may know where she is." Said Celestia, in her trademark calm and confident voice.

"What happened?" Asked Twilight.

"Many years ago, a pony named Starla Mist began to research creatures called humans. I believe she is an ascendent of Lyra Heartstrings. She soon found that the wall between there world and ours is incredibly thin. She soon began to obsess over them, spending every waking moment trying to learn more about them. But the one thing she desired more than anything, was to meet one. After years of planning and hard work, she created a portal to there realm. Somepony saw her doing so, and luckily I was there to stop her before she went through. I cast a spell to seal it, but her work was just too strong to be destroyed. So I had to put a blocking spell, like putting a cork in a bottle. It seems my spell must have wavered for just long enough for Fluttershy to fall through. If you must, I can open it for you to go and rescue her, but I cannot guarantee I can get you back out. Last night I had a vision, and I know Fluttershy will be safe where she is."

"I need to get her back. But at least if she's safe we have time to come up with a plan. We should work on a spell to seal that portal once and for all. Perhaps the elements might be of assistance?"

"Twilight, this is a very dangerous mission and may never make it back. Their world is unlike ours. Your magic will be useless there. We will have no communication either."

"Okay, I guess I have to think about this a little more. Maybe we should ask Lyra? You said she is a descendent of the creator of the portal? She might know something about it. All I know is I have to get Fluttershy. She would do the same for me, I know it."

"You say that like you think we're letting you go alone." Said Rainbow.

"I'm sorry but she will have to go alone. Not only will it be a bigger risk of one of you not coming back, but you will risk tearing the thin wall between the two worlds." Stated Celestia.

"If that's what I have to do, then so be it." Said Twilight.

"And I think paying Lyra a visit is a great idea. Until we can figure this all out, just remember that she is safe."

"I'll try my very best."

Author's Note:

I'm sorry this was a short chapter but I didn't want to draw it out necessarily and make it boring.