• Published 26th May 2020
  • 170 Views, 0 Comments

Vengard - Huter



Rhobar The Second is struggling with his thoughts and his faith in his private chambers in Vengard...

  • ...
 0
 170

Vengard

Some stories starts with the line "Day started peacefully". I won't lie to you, Myrtana is at war with Orcs for a long time, they're taking our cities one by one, we're out of possibilities to take them back, Colony our closest and biggest ore deposit is in hoofs of prisoners. My greatest general and friend Lee, killed my wife so I had to kick him in there and I have to take care of one prisoner that was found near pentagram which had body in centre of it. But something tells me he's innocent, why? He is just probably some follower of Beliar that tried to save himself from orcs wrath. Why that nameless pegasus is stuck in my head? As if I didn't had more serious problems... Vengard, our Capital currently holds, 300 ponies without soldiers. 120 earth ponies, 80 unicorns and 100 pegasus. Our guard that is outside walls of city, have only 50 ponies, inside only 20.


"My King! Gotha has fallen..." - one of my guards entered the room. Why did he had to say it, can't I have one day without bad news?
"What do you mean by that? No pony or any orc could possibly take this place down. It's impossible. It's a fortress practically carved out of the rock not a city for the name of Innos!" - I think I have risen a little bit too much but I was already pissed off.
"I know, but the word is Dark Mage in orders from Zuben created a Demon that destroyed city... He also cursed this place, everypony in there became undead." - with that words my eyes widened.
"... Thanks for information, try to find out whatever you can about that curse!" - I tried to stay serious.
"Yes, sir!" - he left room quick.

What is going on? Did Innos turned his back to us? Did Adanos stoped making harmony between good and evil. Is Beliar and his army winning an ancient war with his brother? And what should I do with this... No this can't be a coincidance, Innos wants me to think about that prisoner because he wants me to lose? Or is it something more about him? Who is he?

"King!" - a guard entered my room. I swear to Innos if that's bad news, I'm going to cut this guard head off.
"What is it guard?" - please let me be wrong.
"I've got a list from Gomez." - guard said as he gave me scroll.
"Oh, right... You can go now, get some rest." - that was only half bad news.
"Thank you my king..." - he left and I opend scroll.

Gomez is a convict that leds an Old Camp in Colony, one of three known to me camps created after Magic Barrier accident. One time at month he send us a letter, that include everything they needed. I have to send them everything, even mares. I think there's mare Velaya in prison. I will sent them her but I don't think that she will get better life, it's a Colony after all. And now, by that comes this, what to do with nameless pegasus... I... He did something terrible for Beliar. I will sentence him to death...

"Rhobar!" - a thick voice sounded somewhere behind me.
"Who is this? Show yourself!" - scared I took a sword that I always have by my side in case of... orcs.
"It's me... Innos!" - it sounded like some stupid joke, but it was him, talking to me like
"Forgive me my lord..." - again I was scared but also happy to hear voice of god.
"This nameless pegasus, he needs to go to Colony." - I knew it there was something about that pony.
"But he did something wrong, he did something for Beliar." - I didn't know what was I talking about, why would I argue with god?
"Beliar tricked you, he knew you would sentenced him to death, that pegasus isn't even from Myrtana, he's from Equestria. He was teleported into that pentagram." - Innos said.
"Who is he? What's his name?" - I had to know.
"His name is not important, he will become something more. he doesn't know but he will change everything, I saw that. But to do that he has to go to Colony. And if he will, he would become our chosen one. Mine and my brothers." - Innos spoked and waited until I say something.
"So now I'm have to choose between releasing a future chosen one of gods, or puting an innocent pony behind Barrier." - I thought both sides were good and also somehow bad.
"It's a right choice. Bring him to Colony. And maybe I will help you with orcs." - after that holy light of Innos disappeared.

I hate making decisions and maybe because of that we're at war with orcs, or not. This war began with Saint Rhobar First. For some, he's legend, for me, he's just a pony that belived in Myrtana. Anyway I have to make this decision quick...

And so he did. Rhobar The Second, sent nameless pony to his destiny. It was a long way to Khorinis, Beliar tried to kill him on the sea but every water in this world belong to Adanos a god of Harmony, guardian of every living creature, he didn't allow his brother to interupt destiny. After a week they were here. Nameless pony was closed inside of carriage without windows, when they arrived at The Pass to exchange square (a cliff, under it there was a smal lake, it was used to drop prisoners into Barrier without a risk) royal guard opend the door and as soon carriage drove away judge started his speech.

"In the name of Rhobar The Second, King of Myrtana I condemn this prisoner to..." - he was stoped by some mage.
"Stop! Convict, I have a proposition. This letter must reach to Archmage of Circle of fire mages." - when he said that he levitated a scroll up to prisoner.
"You're wasting your time." - nameless pony said.
"If you do that, you could pick yourself a price, that will help you survive out ther." - after that, he took a scroll.
"Let it be, but under one condition... Save me the rest of this chatter." - Convict said jokingly.
"How dare..." - Judge tried to said something about it but mage silenced him.
"Silence! Drop him off." - after that royal guard pushed him off the cliff.

He fell really fast and when he got out of the water he saw three ponies staring at them. One of them picked him up a little with his magic and lifted his hoof.

"Welcome to the Colony!" - with that words pony that picked him up hited him with hoof.
"That's enough! Now leave him alone... Come on, get up." - it was another pony that helped nameless pegasus.


How this story began? How this story ended? We will see!
One thing is certain. Everything is going to be all right...

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment