• Published 5th Jul 2020
  • 1,370 Views, 43 Comments

The Mandalorian - FourShadow



Evading a group of bounty hunters, Jedi Knight Lyra Heartstrings must now escape capture with one of the most notorious bounty hunters in the galaxy; the Mandalorian.

  • ...
2
 43
 1,370

Bonus: You Woke The Baby

Author's Note:

I made this for shits and giggles. Just cause why not. :derpytongue2:

A Little Ways Down The Road..

The Mandalorian was stressed to the bone. She promised to take the shift for baby Flurry so Lyra could finally get some much needed rest, but as expected, she was still new to parenting. Taking care of a living baby wasn't the same as keeping a programmed robot together. The waking up in the middle of the night, the constant feeding, burping, and whatever needed to take care of a child was an entirely new experience to her. The baby had unfortunately been restless these past few nights.

However, Bon Bon made a promise to look after her, and she was going to live up to that promise. And that was starting with trying to get this little muffin to go to sleep. ... This screaming, cranky, very loud muffin.

"Flurry, come on... come on, what do I have to do to get you to fall asleep?" Bon Bon worried. She felt the top of her head, noticing she was feeling a little warmer than usual. "Are you hot? Is that the problem? Wait... do you feel sick? Hold on, I'll go get the medicine!"

Bon Bon ran down the ladder and into the bathroom space, looking for meds. She knew they were hidden somewhere, she needed them fast! Thankfully it wasn't that hard to find and quickly grabbed that and a spoon. She ran back up the cockpit, hearing the infant still crying. She poured some onto the spoon, moving towards the baby. As expected, she was met with resistance as she kept trying to dodge it, batting away from her face.

"Flurry, please! I just want you to feel better! Please just take the medicine... You know I would never hurt you, sweetie, just please take the medicine..." Bon Bon was slowly starting to break. This was impossible! How did Lyra ever deal with this on her own!?

Her eyes watered up and she let her head slowly drop, resting it on the edge of the crib. Flurry did take notice of her second mama clearly upset, and she stopped resisting. She took the spoon from her, sucking down the medicine and swallowing. She coughed mildly, mainly disgusted with the taste. A whole new flavor that she wasn't used to. But something happened. She stopped crying. She didn't feel too hot or sick anymore.

Bon Bon took notice of this and raised her head up, seeing her child no longer crying and in pain. She looked happy again. And using her strength, she pulled herself up and waddled as close to her mama as she could, insisting on being picked up. Bon Bon sniffled a little, her eyes watering only with joy that her child was no longer in pain. She picked her up, and held her close to her chest to hug her.

"I promised I'd keep you safe... I always will," Bon Bon said, kissing her forehead. Flurry looked up at her, and lightly brushed her hands against her mother's face, wiping her tears away and nuzzled her.

"Think you can get some sleep now?"

The baby nodded.

And so Bon Bon carefully put Flurry back in her crib, covering her with her blanket again, and giving her plushie back to her so she could sleep again.

"Goodnight sweetie. Sleep tight."

The Mandalorian's bare hand petted Flurry's head, and smiled as she finally went to sleep. For the past few months, she had been living with her and Lyra, and admittedly, it wasn't easy living with the two of them. Both of them had their own habits and routines which did make things a bit flipped for her, but Bon Bon found a way to adapt. Now that she was asleep, she could direct her focus back to flying the ship to their current destination. They were setting off to Naboo for a little vacation; something Lyra desperately needed. She had been dealing with some massive amount of stress lately, and Bon Bon was hoping this vacation would do the trick and help her relax so she could clear her brain.

"Finally, some peace and quiet. Now maybe I can get this ship there in one piece..."

Her hands stayed on the controls as she sat there, staring out into the empty abyss of space. She followed the coordinates on the radar system, taking the direct path to where Naboo would be. She would be there soon enough and then maybe she could finally... rest...

Bon Bon's eyes slowly closed as she sat there in the seat, and started snoring softly. She didn't even think about a thing in the world, other than escaping into the realm of dreamland. Thinking of some happy times that always made her feel so warm and fuzzy. Taking Lyra out into the open grasslands on Naboo, going swimming in the crystal wars, tropical sunshine... and getting to hold Lyra as they sat together in the warm glow of the sunset on a nice summer evening--

The control panel beeped, setting off an alarm which broke Bon Bon from her slumber.

"Hmm, what? No! No! No, no, no!"

A lot of loud noises erupted from the alarms and she pressed as many as she could, trying to keep it all quiet so no noises disturbed the baby.

"Shh, shh, shhh!" Bon Bon hesitantly turned around, praying that the baby didn't wake up. She did not need this right now. "Whew. Thank God." Turning around, she flipped the guidance controls back to normal. "What was that all about?"

And things only got worse when suddenly a voice spoke through the com system.

"Mandalorian, it is time... for your death!"

A Mikkian woman with a deranged face and a crazy amount of cybernetic parts all over her body was in the control chair of a Correlian freighter. She fired multiple blaster shots towards the Sweetie Drop like a psycho, relentlessly firing at her.

"Oh come on, you gotta be kidding me!" Bon Bon yelled, feeling the ship shake and vibrate, now turned to rumbling thanks to the laser blasts. Her body was now thrashing violently against her chair, feeling like she was about to be thrown right out of it. "Is it possible for us to reschedule, I just caught a break!"

"You have taken innocent droids! It is time I liberate them from your fleshy hands!"

"You have flesh, you nimrod!"

Another round of lasers fired at the back of her ship, sending more erupting tremors on board the freighter. Bon Bon prayed to all gods that the baby wasn't going to wake up, but she knew she was tempting fate. "Morag, I respect what you're trying to do, but this is reaaaaallly not a good time. Can you please come back later? And I've made it clear time and time again, I give my droids free will, they chose to come with me, I didn't program them!"

"You've had your chance, Mandalorian. And you prove to me you will keep my robotic kind under your terrorist skin!"

"That is a huge insult to my people!" Bon Bon yelled back. "... And again, you're flesh! I think someone's had way too many death sticks."

This time, the next set of blasts really did the job. The baby finally heard the sounds, and she burst out crying and whimpering at the loud sounds. Bon Bon's heart snapped when she saw the baby crying, but something else inside woke up. Something angry and powerful.

"Errrrghhh, that's it! I don't care, I have had it up to HERE with people startling me, startling my girlfriend, and startling my girlfriend's baby!" Bon Bon snarled, yanking a lever down on her ship.

The freighter halted in place, letting the Correlian freighter zoom right above her, completely missing her. Then, thrusting the engines, Bon Bon targeted all of the guns to focus on the freighter with fire in her eyes, blood boiling, and nothing but pure unbridled rage.

"Nothing personal Morag..." Bon Bon growled, locking on target, "but you woke the baby."

Comments ( 4 )

OH SHIT! Don’t ever piss off Momma-lorian

Hehe. This was a fun bonus. :rainbowwild:

Login or register to comment