• Published 21st May 2020
  • 2,723 Views, 490 Comments

Fly Like You - Jinzou



What do you get when you cross a neurotic princess, an impulsive pegasus, blossoming romantic feelings, and trying to co-parent a mentally unstable twelve year old?

  • ...
7
 490
 2,723

A Challenger Approaches

"Left foreleg." The nurse instructed.

The stallion gave a grunt of effort, and managed to straighten out his left foreleg slowly.

"Wings."

The stallion took a deep breath, screwed up his face in concentration, and gingerly unfurled his wings about halfway, then tucked them back in at his sides.

The nurse clapped in excitement. "It's great that the treatment is showing results! Now, considering your hind legs aren't showing nearly as much improvement, likely as a result of being closer to the injury, I'd recommend we apply the nerve gel and try again. What do you say?"

The stallion smiled at the nurse. "If you think it will help, doc. You're the expert here."

Ice Pack smiled back and instructed the stallion to do his best to lie down. Using his one good hoof, the stallion pushed himself into a laying position, chest flat against the doctor's table. Ice Pack got to work rubbing the nerve cream on his hind legs.

"So doc..." The stallion initiated conversation. "You got any family around these parts?"

Ice Pack gave out a derisive snort. "I do not. My parents still live in Manehatten and my sister is... I don't actually know. Last I heard from her she was going on a cross-Equestria tour showing off 'stage magic'. As a unicorn. A while back she was in Ponyville and those 'Elements of Harmony' ponies everyone seems to love apparently ran her out of town. And somebody else in the town sicced an Ursa Minor on her. Maybe one of them. I know they're the supposed to be the saviors of Equestria, but running a stage magician out of town for doing her job is just kind of... dickish.

"It doesn't sound that bad but apparently it somehow ruined her entire reputation. She worked on a rock farm until she had enough bits to buy an old enchanted amulet and eventually it corrupted her so much she tried to take over Ponyville. She was pretty successful too, but one of the bearers threw her out too. I mean, they had every right to that time, but still... When your estranged sister, even one you haven't spoken to in eight years shows up at your door, crying her eyes out, you tend to keep grudges."

The stallion laughed. "I hear what you're saying about those element bearers. Everyone thinks they're the best but two of them foalnapped my child during one of her 'I hate you daddy' temper tantrums, and then paralyzed me when I tried showing up at their door to talk things out. And because of them and Princess Celestia's blatant nepotism, I'm here. They may have saved Equestria, but they're terrible ponies."

The nurse froze, an unreadable expression on her face. She blinked rapidly, then returned to massaging the muscles. "I had heard something about that but didn't know it was you. The press called you a foal abuser... Is that true?"

The stallion gave off an extra hard sigh. "No. I was admittedly never the best father, and sure, I got angry sometimes, but hurt my own daughter? I couldn't. She was my little firefly. Besides, you know how terrible those bearers are, would it really surprise you if they made that all up?"

Ice Pack hummed softly. "No, I guess I wouldn't. It's as they say, 'power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely'. Besides, I've heard a lot about Princess Celestia's blatant shows of nepotism, so it's not like royalty is exempt from that."

The stallion sighed happily. "It is so good to find somebody else that doesn't just kneel down and kiss their horseshoes. But honestly, at this point I'm not even that mad anymore. I just want to see my little firefly and make sure those ponies haven't done anything to her. Make sure she's loved and properly cared for..."

"Nerve cream is fully applied. Ready for the magic sir?"

The stallion nodded happily.

Ice Pack charged up her horn and sent a bright blue bolt of magic at the stallion's hind legs. The stallion bit down on his lip at the temporary pain, and then moved his hind legs. Or rather, attempted to. The right hind leg curled inwards towards his body a bit, and the left hind leg just twitched.

"That's improvement!" Ice Pack chirped. "Unfortunately, this is the end of our session. Keep trying to move those limbs, and I'll see you at 1100 tomorrow! I'll go get the wheelchair for you now."

True to her word, Ice Pack grabbed the wheelchair and helped the stallion onto it. She wheeled him into a hospital containment room, his status of not being able to walk meaning he got to live in a certain part of the hospital.

"There we are, sir. You have a nice night now." Ice Pack smiled.

"Well thank you very much." The stallion replied. "And really doc, we can drop the formalities. You can call me 'Thunder Chaser'. Or even just 'Thunder'. That's what all my friends call me." Thunder Chaser winked.

Ice Pack let out a chuckle. "Alright then Thunder, I'll see you tomorrow." On that note, she closed and locked the door to his containment room.

Thunder Chaser relaxed on his bed, stretching out his cramped hind legs with some ease.

"A couple of months, huh? I don't think it'll take quite that long, sweetheart."

Author's Note:

Short little chapter this time. Time to add some drama and shake up the fluff. :ajsmug: