• Published 21st May 2020
  • 2,723 Views, 490 Comments

Fly Like You - Jinzou



What do you get when you cross a neurotic princess, an impulsive pegasus, blossoming romantic feelings, and trying to co-parent a mentally unstable twelve year old?

  • ...
7
 490
 2,723

A Night In

Scootaloo woke, her mouth feeling more akin to a desert than an actual mouth. With an exasperated groan she kicked the covers off her, rolling out of bed. As the chill of the room assaulted her coat, she reached up and yanked one of the blankets off the bed, throwing it around her shoulders and blearily tying it around her neck.

She slowly pushed open her door, freezing and wincing instinctually as the hinges squealed softly, and gazed out into the dark hallway outside her room.

She quietly trotted out into the hallway, determined to make no sound. The bathroom was just three doors down and to the left. Scootaloo sighed and shouldered her way into the bathroom, picking up the stool Twilight had bought for her in front of the sink, and pulled herself up onto it, fumbling with the faucet’s knobs.

After sating her thirst, Scootaloo turned the knobs the other way, shutting off the water flow. She padded back over to the door, slipping through it. She gave off a small grunt of annoyance. She was fully awake at this point. That was gonna make going to sleep even harder to do.

She rubbed her eyes with the side of a hoof, letting out a yawn. She briefly wondered if Twilight or Dash would be up for reading her a bedtime story, before quickly dismissing that idea. She’d already stated she was old enough to not need one, and both Twilight and Rainbow were probably already fast asleep.

She yawned again and then picked up the faint sound of voices. Her ears pivoting toward the noise, she listened in. It was a familiar voice, and it was laughing. It was a laugh that could only belong to Rainbow Dash.

Curious, Scootaloo followed the sound of laughter, soon hearing Twilight’s laugh as well. Scootaloo followed the voices down the hall and to the right, stopping outside the library. Peeking inside she saw a roaring fire in the fireplace, and what looked like two ponies piled over each other on the couch. Scootaloo cautiously approached the side of the couch, seeing Dash laying down on it normally and Twilight draped over her haphazardly.

“There’s no way you can solve a Rubik’s cube without any of the algorithms!” Twilight giggled, pawing at Rainbow’s face.

“Is so!” Rainbow boasted. “And I don’t even know what those are!”

Twilight leaned in close to Rainbow’s face, fur brushing against fur ever so gently as Twilight gave her an unintentional nuzzle. She whispered into Rainbow’s ear.

“Teach me.”

“Hmmmm.” Rainbow tapped her chin thoughtfully. “I’ll do it for a price.”

“Name it.” Twilight breathed.

“Give me a kiss.”

And in the next moment their lips met. All Scootaloo could hear was the sound of quick, slightly labored breaths as the two mares she had come to see as parents silently communicated their love. Scootaloo felt somewhere between giddy and grossed out.

Twilight pulled out of the kiss, panting slightly.

“You’re unfairly good at that, cutie.” Rainbow simpered, giving Twilight a peck on the nose.

“A little more drink and I’ll show you some other talents.” Twilight winked.

Wait, drink?

Like alcohol drinking?!

Are they drunk?!

No! Dear Celestia no! Why would they do this?!

Scootaloo let out an unintentional squeak and froze in place, hoping they hadn’t heard. A moment later she saw Rainbow’s and Twilight’s heads poking over the side of the couch.

“Scoot? What are you doing up? Did you have a bad dream?” Rainbow asked, her eyebrows knitting together in concern.

“Oh no, I, uh…”

They’re good ponies.

They’re good ponies.

Nobody is gonna get hurt.

“I went to get a drink of water and I heard voices.” Scootaloo managed. “Is uh… are you two… are we all gonna be okay?”

There’s nothing to worry about… I’m just being ridiculous. Right?

“Why wouldn’t we b-” Twilight’s eyes fixed on Scootaloo, looking very unfocused. “Oh. Oh honey, are you worried because we’re drinking?”

Scootaloo looked to the side and slowly nodded.

“No need to worry, champ.” Rainbow smiled. “We aren’t gonna do anything stupid or hurt each other.”

“Oh I don’t know…” Twilight purred into Rainbow’s ear. “I might just have to kiss you to death.”

Twilight started nibbling on Rainbow’s ear and Rainbow’s wings shot straight out. Scootaloo couldn’t understand why, she doubted Rainbow could fly like that, especially with Twilight on top of her.

“Ahaheaeahe Twilight, take it down a peg, there’s a foal here!” Rainbow protested, face turning bright pink. Rainbow turned back around to face Scootaloo as Twilight started kissing her way down the side of Rainbow’s face, eventually ending up under her chin and nuzzling it with her cheek. Rainbow’s eyes fluttered as she nuzzled back. “But uh… yeah, kiddo. We aren’t gonna be doing anyTHI-” Rainbow gave off a gasp and a soft eep as Twilight rolled off of Rainbow and landed on her back, worming her way under Rainbow. “...anything except cuddle and flirt.”

Twilight poked her head back over the side of the couch, regarding Scootaloo while upside down. “I understand your reservations dear, but you have to realize not many ponies are actually angry drunks. Rainbow and I are happy drunks!”

“Twi’s also a really cuddly drunk.” Rainbow grinned, kissing a line from the top of Twilight’s muzzle to the tip of her horn. Twilight giggled madly, throwing her forehooves around Rainbow’s neck and pulling her in close.

“Can you blame me? Look at yourself! You’re amazing and adorable and awesome! I just want to hug and snuggle and love you forever!” Twilight kissed Rainbow’s cheek before slyly grinning. “Isn’t that right, Pookie?”

Rainbow’s face broke out into a furious blush. “I asked you not to call me that around anybody else!”

Twilight giggled. “Don’t lie. You love it when I call you that. Don’t you, Pookie?”

Rainbow averted her gaze. “...maybe.”

“Scootaloo.” Twilight rested the back of her neck on the couch arm again, looking at Scootaloo upside-down again, but this time with a much more serious expression. “I don’t know how to assuage your fears, but if you’re concerned about us hurting each other or you, you can stay here or with Spike. Remember Spike is just down the hall, and you know your big brother is always gonna keep you safe. Drunk or not, neither of us are messing with a fire breathing dragon.”

I mean… she’s right. And from my experiences, drunk ponies are usually really uncoordinated so I could beat them to Spike’s room.

Plus, they’re Twilight and Rainbow. I… I know they’re not going to get violent… but…

“If I um… stay here, it won’t ruin your night?” Scootaloo shivered subconsciously.

“Don’t be ridiculous.” Rainbow laughed. “No matter how hard this crazy purple mare and I want to snuggle, you’re always gonna be our number one priority. We knew that when we adopted you and I know neither of us have regretted that decision. If it makes you feel better, go ahead and make yourself comfortable by the fire. Just don’t be surprised when your mom and I start making out.”

“What an idea~” Twilight cooed, pushing her lips against Rainbow’s with a soft moan. Her forehooves moved from the back of Rainbow’s neck to the back of her head and halfway down her back.

Ew.

Scootaloo padded over to the area between the couch and the fire, picking up one of the discarded cushions from the couch and using it as a pillow. She untied the blanket from around her neck and got to work tucking herself in, facing the fire and closing her eyes.

Scootaloo didn’t know how long it was. Might have been a matter of minutes, might have been an hour, she might have even fallen asleep and woken back up; but from behind her sleepy brain picked up the sound of a body hitting the floor behind her.

She instantly sprang to her hooves, fully awake.

Oh nononononono something happened. One got violent and one got hurt. Oh Celestia I need to find help. Spike! I just need to find Spike!

Scootaloo whipped her head around, adrenaline pumping hard in her veins, to see the damage. Instead of seeing one pony standing over the other, she spotted Twilight and Rainbow both half on the couch and half on the floor. Rainbow was above Twilight, pulling her into a hug as she peppered Twilight’s face with kisses. Twilight was laughing hysterically, stopping momentarily to catch her breath.

They… They’re not… hurting each other. But I always thought alcohol made you aggressive. Are they really… okay? Nobody is in danger?

It’s kinda like what Doctor Kind Mind said. Maybe I’ve been looking at the world through tinted glasses and… and these two are gonna show me that some things… some ideas I’ve been holding onto are just… not something I have to worry about anymore.

Maybe I am safe now…

With that thought in mind, Scootaloo tucked herself back in, and let the dulcet sounds of the two best ponies she knew lure her to sleep with a sweet smile on her face.

Author's Note:

I know it's been a long time since I updated. Sorry. I can't promise I will fix that, since I'm now back on days, and I'm stuck doing editing shit, and actually having a social life...

I'll do my best to update once a week though.