• Published 22nd May 2020
  • 9,311 Views, 446 Comments

You Will Never Be Alone - Leo Luce



When Sunset was hit by the rainbow, she lost everything. She had no friends, no family or at least a descent place to call her own. But when all seems lost, she not only found someone that care about her like a mother, but also someone very special.

  • ...
6
 446
 9,311

Chapter 04 (Edited by:CheerDaLee )

Author's Note:

Hey! A new chapter. See, I told you I have more time now:pinkiehappy:. Also, thanks for your constructive criticism. I'll try my best to make this error-proof as much as possible. I used Grammarly grammar checker and it's a really interesting tool. I highly recommend this for anyone out there who requires a grammar checker. And yeah, enjoy. R&R,

Cpt.Leo, out.

Fluttershy woke up that morning a little earlier than she normally would with only one goal in her mind. To talk to Sunset. She’d been trying to talk to her since Monday but every time she tried to talk to her, she either lost her confidence or her friends were nearby. She didn’t think her friends would be against helping Sunset. She was just afraid of how they would react. Especially because of how Rainbow was treating Sunset. Even though the other girls did agree to help Sunset, she didn’t want them to break apart again after they'd been apart for so long. But she needed to talk to Sunset before they did. The way Sunset had been acting after the Fall Formal bothered her and she seemed to be getting worse each day.

After getting up and having a shower, she went downstairs and took her breakfast. The fact that Fluttershy’s mother woke up early made it easy to go to school before anyone else. After having breakfast, she asked her mom to drop her at the school. When her mom asked why she’s going to school early, she simply replied she has something to do with one of her projects and she needed to do it before the school starts. She didn’t want to tell her mom about Sunset fearing that her mom would also react the same way Rainbow did, though it was a lot easier to talk with her mom than Rainbow.


Things weren’t looking very good for Sunset Shimmer due in part to her constant nightmares and growing hunger. She tried going back to the cafeteria yesterday but came up with the same result. Except for this time she ended up with food getting thrown at her too. It’d been three days since Sunset ate anything but it felt like she hadn't eaten in a week. These facts along with the weakness caused by the elements made it even harder to work on the wall. Just like every day, Sunset made it to the school early and went to the statue and sat down waiting for the construction team to arrive, alone with her thoughts. Why did Fluttershy look at her with concerned eyes every day? She even tried to talk to her once, only to back off when she saw her friends nearby.

The past two days had been hard for Sunset to work on the wall with the students passing by giving her death glares and sometimes trying to hit her. But the construction crew members stopped most of the students from harming her. But that only made Sunset feel bad. She felt like she was just being a nuisance to the construction crew. Interrupting their work like that.

“Um… excuse me… Sunset-”

“Ah!” Sunset’s been deep in her thoughts the sudden voice made her jump in surprise. She looked up to see Fluttershy staring at her with wide eyes.

“Oh, I’m so sorry! I didn’t mean to scare you...”

“N-no it’s fine. I was just thinking about something so I didn’t see you.” Sunset quickly said.

“Oh… okay then. I just needed to talk to you.”

“T-talk to me? About what?”

“I just needed to know if you're okay and… to apologize about what happened at the mall.”

“No, it’s fine, you don’t have to apologize. I wasn’t looking where I was going. And… yeah, I’m… f-fine.” Sunset didn’t know why Fluttershy was asking if she’s okay but she didn’t want to make her worry. Unfortunately for her, Fluttershy easily saw through the lie.

“Are you sure… you look… um… t-thin,” Fluttershy asked.

“Y-yeah, I’m fine, really,” Sunset replied. But Fluttershy wasn't buying it.

“Sunset. When did you last eat?” Fluttershy asked with determination she rarely ever showed. No hesitation or stutters.

“Uh… I-”

“Tell me Sunset, please. You didn’t even get to eat your lunch for the past two days.” She pleaded.

“Um… well… um… last… Sunday.”

“What! L-last… Sunday?” Fluttershy yelled in surprise. “B-but… why?”

“I… ran out of food last Sunday and, I didn’t have any money. I-I tried to find a job at the mall but I only found one job. But I have to wait until next Saturday to start my shift there.” Sunset admitted with a sigh

“So that’s why you came to the mall?” Sunset nodded. “But I saw lots of signs of part-time jobs for students at the mall.”

“Yeah, there was, but, do you… do you know about… where I came from?” Sunset asked hesitantly. She wasn't sure if Twilight told them about that.

“Um… yes… Princess Twilight told us a little about you.”

“Well… um… because I'm not from here, I don’t have any paperwork. I was able to forge some so I could go to school but, I don’t have any paperwork they need for a job. And I didn’t feel like forging new papers again after the Fall Formal.”

“Oh! I see. But... you can’t live like this. Y-you won’t make it a week. Y-you look… r-really… w-weak- um… no offense.” Fluttershy said as she looked over Sunset.

“No, it’s fine. I am weak now. I think the elements did something to me.”

“C-can it does something like that?” Fluttershy asked in disbelief.

“You have no idea.” Sunset looked around and saw that students were starting to come to school now.

“Um… I think you should get ready for class now.” Sunset offered. Since the Fall Formal, Fluttershy was the only one to show any kindness towards her. And she didn’t want anything to happen to Fluttershy because of that kindness.

“Okay... But this isn't over yet. I can’t leave you starving like this.” Her earlier determination returned while she said that.

“I-I don’t know if you can help me but, thanks,” Sunset said with a small smile. Fluttershy returned the smile before walking into the school.


Principle Celestia tried her best to focus on the paperwork she had to finish at the moment. But ever since the fall formal she can’t help but think about Sunset Shimmer. This didn’t go unnoticed by her sister who tried to help her in any way she can. In this case, finding out more about Sunset’s life in this world. Celestia’s mind went back to the previous night where she had a conversation with her sister about Sunset.

The Previous Night – Celestia’s Household.

Celestia was sitting on a chair in her library, doing her best to read. She might be a school principal, but her family was quite wealthy and the school was founded by their family. After a few more failed attempts she heard the door to the library open and turned her to head to see Luna walking towards her.

“Oh! Luna do you need something.” She asked.

“Yes, I need to talk about Sunset Shimmer with you,” Luna said with a nod

“Sunset? Did you find where she lives?” Celestia asked hopefully.

Luna shook her head “No, I didn’t. She’s very secretive about where she lives. I tried following her but she took a path through the forest and I lost her. Sorry, Tia.”

“No, it’s okay,” Celestia said looking away from Luna.

“But that’s not exactly what I need to talk to you about.”

“Then what?”

“You should talk to her Tia. And soon.”

“But what am I going to tell her? I… I don’t know-”

“You have to. You have to talk to her for both of you.”

“What do you mean? For both of us?”

“You thought I didn’t notice? I know what you think of her Tia. More than just a student. You haven’t eaten well, you make lots of mistakes on your paperwork, and… can you even read that book properly?” Luna asked pointing at the book Celestia was holding which was still in the beginning. Considering how fast she reads, she had to finish the book by now.

“Maybe you're right.” Celestia finally said, resigning as she placed her book down.

“So, do you want me to call our old friend?” Luna asked.

“Friend? What do you mean?”

“I know you want to take her in Tia. I'm guessing she doesn’t have anyone in this world either. She still wears the same tattered, worn-out jacket.”

“But what if she doesn’t want to come with me?” Tia asked with worry in her voice.

“I don’t know what her choice will be. But, she's a smart girl. She'll know it's in her best interests to accept.” Luna said as she placed a hand onto Tia's shoulder. “Please, talk to her Tia, she doesn’t have to be alone anymore.”

Present.

Celestia looked at the clock and saw she still had plenty of time before the school starts. ‘Maybe I don’t have to ask her about coming with me right now? There's still plenty I can look into first.’ She finally made up her mind and pressed a button on her telephone.

“Miss Raven, can you please send for Sunset Shimmer?”