• Published 22nd May 2020
  • 9,307 Views, 446 Comments

You Will Never Be Alone - Leo Luce



When Sunset was hit by the rainbow, she lost everything. She had no friends, no family or at least a descent place to call her own. But when all seems lost, she not only found someone that care about her like a mother, but also someone very special.

  • ...
6
 446
 9,307

Chapter 02 (Edited by: Moonriseoversunset)

The morning after the Fall Form, Sunset woke up with a strangled gasp. Sunset sweated profusely, exhaustion from the night before, and the lack of restful sleep clinging to her like a wet blanket. Her hope for a good night of sleep after the mess of yesterday turned out to be hopeless as the night was plagued by the nightmare. To make matters worse, the dream was so real, the sights, the sounds, and the feelings felt so real. She felt trapped, unable to stop anything that happened. She was honestly surprised she woke up at all.

After slowing the bass-like pounding of her heart, Sunset got out of bed, wincing from the sudden pain she felt in her back as she shifted to stand. Ignoring the pain for the moment, she went to her mini-fridge to get a quick bite to eat. Upon opening the fridge, her frown turned grim when she saw the inside of her mini-fridge was almost empty.

"Great, I'm almost out of food. I don't even have any money. I wasn't expecting to be here, I really let things go," Sunset said. "I need money, and I can't get like I used to. Its time to see if I can find a job."

After having a quick breakfast, she went to get ready for a day of job hunting. However, when she tried to take off her shirt, the pain from earlier flared up again. She turned her back towards the mirror and tried to look at her back. When she finally saw her back, she saw three large scars on her shoulder blades and her lower back. While her wounds had turned into scars, the shirt seemed to have seared to her back.

"Well, can't complain. I messed with dark magic, now I'm paying the price."

Spending a few minutes to get the shirt off. Sunset stepped into the shower—the water running down her back, doing wonders on her battered back. She stayed there basking in the gentle massage the water pressure was creating. Before too long, she stepped out and proceed to get ready for the day. After a few minutes, Sunset was dressed and left her "home" to find a job. She thought about going to the Sugercube Corner, but she thought better as it was a hangout spot for many at CHS after school. After thinking about it, she decided to try her luck at Canterlot Mall. She knew her chances were low without legal paperwork, the only form of identity being a forged card she created when she first arrived. The chances of people hiring her were already low, but it was going to be even harder to find a job without those key papers. However, Sunset believed in the phrase 'nothing ventured nothing gained,' she'd fail completely if she didn't try, perhaps she could get lucky.

Sunset's first stop was a gaming shop, but Fluttershy's brother was already working there, which meant a big no. Out of the five girls, she was worst to Fluttershy. Her next stop was a clothes shop, but working there would make it more likely to have a run-in with the girls, which she was not looking forward to.

After searching for hours and finding nothing, she decided to go back home. Her stomach, however, had other plans as it growled. She realized it was already noon, and she was exhausted. She didn't know if she was always this weak or if it was a form of punishment from the Elements, all she knew was that it puzzled her to no end. Sure, she's not the athletic type, but she couldn't recall getting this tired this easy. All she did today was walk and stand. Pushing the thought to the back burner, she looked around for a place to eat only to remember her finances or lack thereof. However, her search didn't turn out to be fruitless as she saw a sign hiring part-timers at a Sushi restaurant. Deciding it wouldn't hurt to look there as well, she went inside the misplaced restaurant.

Once inside, she looked around the place. Just like the entrance, it had a Japanese design. Even the workers wore a kimono. She went up to a worker and asked about the position. The waitress directed her to the office at the corner of the store. Sunset knocked on the door, and a woman came out. Once knowing the reason, she allowed her inside. The woman was probably in her mid-40s. The family photo on her office wall depicted her of Japanese heritage.

After talking with the owner for a while, Sunset was given a chance at the job. She would work as a waitress, and fortunately, she didn't need any paperwork other than what she already had. The pay wasn't much, but it was more than enough for her simple lifestyle. She only had to work on Saturdays, meaning her first day started next week. Unfortunately, she needed money now. She only had enough food for tomorrow. After taking the job, Sunset went home thinking about how to survive for a week. She had two choices. Either sell something valuable or survive the days until she got paid on school meals.

She was staring at the ground as she walked, deep in thought. Thus, she didn't see she was walking straight into someone until she collided into them. The person she stumbled back falling on her butt as they let out a very familiar 'Eek'. On the other hand, Sunset remained standing and looked down at the girl she walked into, and her heart stopped the moment she saw who it was.

"F-Fluttershy! I'm sorry, I didn't see you. Here let me-"

"GET AWAY FROM HER!"

Sunset tried to help Fluttershy up, but before she could reach Fluttershy, Sunset joined her on the ground. Someone had shoved her roughly from the side, away from Fluttershy. She looked up to see who pushed her only to look at their feet when she met a pair of angry magenta eyes.

"R-Rainbow... I-" Fluttershy tried to say, but got interrupted by Rainbow Dash.

"Are you okay? Did she hurt you?"

"I-I'm okay... I-"

"What are you doing here? Still, scheming away, or do you still think you can bully Fluttershy? Do you want to get blasted by a rainbow again?" Rainbow asked Sunset angrily. Sunset's eyes went wide. Sunset was pretty sure that they couldn't use that power without Twilight and the crown, but she didn't want to take any chances.

"N-no, I'm not. I-It was an a-accident. I swear," Sunset stammered.

"Oh yeah, then what are you doing here, huh? Princess Twilight asked us to look after you, but I don't trust you. So, if I see you near Fluttershy again, I'm going to give you my version of the rainbow blast, you understand?"

"I under-." Sunset stammered out before hurriedly stood up when Rainbow dash took a threatening step forward. Sunset quickly turned away before she walked away as fast as possible without drawing any more unwanted attention to herself. It felt like everyone was staring at her, and quite frankly, it was making her anxiety turn into near panic. She heard Fluttershy saying something to Rainbow, but she didn't catch what it was as she rushed out the doors and on the arriving bus as she made her way home.

Sunset nervously tapped her boot on the floor as she waited for her stop. Being out in public was not helping her in the least, and she wondered if choosing the mall was such a good idea for a job site. It was guaranteed now that she'd run into other students now, and she hoped no one would find out about her job and come to make trouble. Sunset entered her home, back drenched in sweat, and her breath catching. She felt like she ran all the way back, but she just walked. This was a major concern for Sunset, as being this weak where she lived could lead her to get mugged out on the streets.

"Why am I feeling this weak?" She asked herself. "M-maybe I'm just tired. I didn't get much sleep yesterday."

She looked around her for anything that she could sell for money. All she could find of any value was her old guitar, but she doubted anyone would buy it, and she really didn't want to either. II was special to her, and she loved playing it as it helped her to calm her mind. She fingered the strings before she brought it to her chest and began to play it. She spent the rest of the day strumming away, drowning her sorrows in the music.

Author's Note:

I'm really sorry if this took too long. I'm not very good at keeping a schedule:pinkiehappy:. So don't expect new chapters to release soon. But if you are lucky, you'll see a new chapter soon but no promises. Not to mension I have other stories going on on other sites.
Also thanks for your support.:twilightsmile:
See you soon.

Cpt. Leo, out.