• Published 22nd May 2020
  • 9,288 Views, 446 Comments

You Will Never Be Alone - Leo Luce



When Sunset was hit by the rainbow, she lost everything. She had no friends, no family or at least a descent place to call her own. But when all seems lost, she not only found someone that care about her like a mother, but also someone very special.

  • ...
6
 446
 9,288

Chapter 19 (Edited by: Moonriseoversunset)

After their failed attempt to stop the Dazzlings, the girls all went to Pinkie's house for a slumber party. And Sunset finally revealed her relationship with Principal Celestia to Twilight. Needless to say, Twilight was surprised and was happy for Sunset and Snowdrop, as well. Sunset already came a long way, and now she had a family. Princess Celestia could stop worrying about Sunset, now that her counterpart is looking over her. Strangely, Sunset asked Twilight not to tell Princess Celestia about it. At the moment, Sunset wanted to wait until she was ready to face Princess Celestia; Sunset later explained it to her. After that, it was Twilight's turn to explain things. She explained how she gained her title, how she got her own castle, and all her adventures afterward. After the storytelling and explanations, the girls all began to relax, and Twilight began her work on the counter-spell.

Applejack and Rainbow were playing a game on Pinkie's console, and Rainbow was getting hammered. Pinkie was browsing through her MyStable page. Rarity gave Sunset a lesson about selfies, something the old bully didn't seem to care about, thanks to having no friends before. Fluttershy and Snowdrop were petting Spike, which the Dragon-turned-Dog was seemed to enjoy. Snowdrop also enjoyed petting the dog as the orphanage didn't allow them to have pets as it didn't want the kids to grow attached to them. Twilight sat on Pinkie's bed and was trying to write the counter-spell.

"So, how's the counter-spell coming up?" Rainbow asked after successfully sabotaging Applejack's chance to win the game.

"Uh- Yeah… it's all coming up great," Twilight said nervously, flipping through the pages of Fluttershy's notebook. "Thanks again for letting me use your notebook Fluttershy. I really like the song you made."

"Thanks, hopefully, we get to play it someday," Fluttershy said, sighing and a slight amount of resentment.

Just then, they heard the doorbell ring, and Pinkie shouted, "Pizzaz's here!!!" and all the girls suddenly disappeared, leaving a dust cloud in their wake.

"You stay here, Snowdrop. I'll make sure they leave the cheese pizza alone," Sunset said, getting up and leaving. Snowdrop simply nodded to her.

After everyone left, only Snowdrop and Twilight remained in the room. Twilight looked at the notes she drew on the note pad and sighed. The spell was not coming around great. She had no idea how to write one. She just hoped she could find a way to write one. Everyone was looking up to her.

"Are you o-okay, princess?" She heard Snowdrop's voice from beside her. Looking at the side, she saw Snowdrop from the looks of it was staring at her forehead in worry.

"Oh yeah- of course, why wouldn't I be?" Twilight asked with a nervous smile as she touched her forehead, "Also, please call me Twilight."

"Um, okay. It's just… you sound… um, troubled. And I can tell… that you're lying." Twilight let out a heavy sigh. There's no point in hiding the fact now. Even though Snowdrop was blind, she's a great observer, a great listener. She's pretty sure Sunset noticed her worriedness too.

"Well, Snowdrop, I'll be honest. I don't exactly know… how to write this spell. But don't you worry. I will finish it, and I'll bring everyone back, okay?" She said to Snowdrop, rubbing her hair.

"Um… Twilight, you said everything you've accomplished is all thanks to your friends," Snowdrop said. "And everyone is looking to you for answers."

"What do you mean?"

"Um… I… I don't know anything about magic… but maybe you don't have to do this alone? Maybe… we can help you… to write the spell?" Snowdrop said after some hesitation.

Snowdrop had a point. Without her friends, many impossible things wouldn't have happened, and Equestria would have likely fallen by now. But should she? On the one hand, just like Snowdrop said, they all look up to her. They called her from worlds away, so they can defeat the Dazzlings. So can she really ask them for help? Then, on the other hand, Snowdrop is right. For someone so little, she was very mature. Everything she has accomplished so far is all thanks to her friends. From the day they first met to defeat the Nightmare Moon, and to the day she got her own castle by defeating Tirek, it's all thanks to them. So maybe, she could ask for help?

"When I feel sad, I used to stargaze at night," Snowdrop said, interrupting her inner musings.

"You stargaze?" Twilight asked.

Snowdrop nodded, "I can't see them. But I can hear them."

"Hear them?"

"Mhmm, and when I do that, it helps me forget why I was sad. But since Principal Celestia adopted me, I haven't been sad anymore," Snowdrop said. "I remember in most stories I've read, stars make the sky look beautiful. I maybe can't see them, but I guess they are beautiful."

"They are Snowdrop. They are the most beautiful thing out there."

"But without a lot of stars, they are not," Snowdrop said with a sad tone. "I was a lonely star for so long. I… I don't want to be alone again," Snowdrop said, as she fought against the tears gathering in her pale eyes. But then she felt someone hugging her.

"Don't worry, Snowdrop. I won't let that happen. You won't be alone anymore. Not you, not Sunset, not anyone," Twilight said with determination in her voice. "Trust me, okay?"

Snowdrop simply nodded as she rapidly blinked away her tears.


That night, after everyone was asleep, Sunset woke up. She quietly made her way downstairs to get herself a glass of water before she saw Twilight sitting at the island. After a sudden meet up with Maud Pie that left her trying to calm both her heart and lungs, Sunset started up a quick conversation.

"It must be nice to see everyone looking up to you," She said. "Instead of waiting for you to cause a problem," She continued looking away. Twilight looked nervous after she said that.

"Just because everyone's expecting something from you doesn't mean it's guaranteed to happen," Twilight said.

"But that doesn't stop them from expecting it,"

"It just makes it harder because the last you want to do is-"

"Let everybody down," Both of them finished together. Realizing this, they smiled at each other. Sunset then let out a yawn.

"I should get some sleep. Maybe you should join us. You can't fight if you're too tired to stand on your feet to throw a punch," Sunset said, walking back to the bed.

Twilight looked back at the notebook and the scratched counter-spell in it.

'maybe… you don't have to do this… alone?'

"Sunset?" Twilight called out to Sunset. Sunset turned around to face her. Twilight was going to say something but hesitated as her words caught in her throat. She quickly shook her head and said, "Never mind, it's not important."


The next morning the Rainbooms practiced the Counter-spell. Though from the looks of it, it was not going well. Everyone was out of sync. Twilight's singing was too off-pitched, and Sunset tried her best to balance the sounds, but this caused the others to be thrown out of sync with each other. Not to mention the lyrics didn't flow either. They didn't intertwine with each other, and they fought too much with music. Finally, after what felt like hours, the song came to a close, with Rainbows hair glowing faintly in a failed attempt to transform.

"That sounded way better than the last five times you played," Spike said encouragingly, only for Big Mac to ruin it with a simple "Nope" when he passed by them outside the window.

"I think it's pretty obvious what's wrong with the counter-spell," Rainbow said.

"You turning what was supposed to be the chorus into a five-minute guitar solo?" Applejack asked.

Just like that, the girls began to argue with one another about who was at fault. One claiming the other was slacking off or complaining about costumes or other little things. Sunset looked at all this in worry while taking off the headphones she put on Snowdrop to protect her sensitive Ears. She looked at her watch and saw that they are late for the battle of the bands.

"Guys, we are late for the battle of the band. We have to check-in in 15 minutes," She shouted. Just then, all the girls began to panic. Twilight was shouting over all the commotion that the spell was not ready, which led them to make a plan B, to buy more time. All they had to do was participate in the battle and proceed to the final round.

But the universe had other plans. They were supposed to only perform just enough to pass to the finals, and that's what they did. The problem was, some of the mind-controlled contestants decided to sabotage the Rainbooms. After a few incidents with magnets, confetti, and a spotlight, the performance was ruined very easily. They barely passed onto the next round.

"Rarity, were you trying to make us lose up there?" Applejack asked angrily.

"What?! This was not my fault," Rarity quickly defended herself. While the girls all began to argue again, Sunset, Snowdrop, and Twilight looked at them in worry from the sidelines.

"And what was with confetti Pinkie? How am I supposed to shred if there's paper stuck in my frets?" Rainbow shouted.

"It was a little distracting," Fluttershy timidly said.

"What?!? Says the girl running from a light the whole time, a LIGHT!" Pinkie shouted at Fluttershy.

"Hey, back off," Sunset decided to intervene to help the shy girl. "Listen, all of you. All the other bands were way worse than you. I'm sure you'll make it to the next round. But it won't matter if we don't have that counter-spell ready," Sunset said, to which everyone agreed.

"You go find a place to practice; I'll keep an eye over here," Sunset suggested. "Take Snowdrop with you. The Dazzlings are about to perform soon, and I don't want her anywhere near them."

Once the girls left with Snowdrop and Spike, Sunset waited backstage, keeping an eye out for the Dazzlings. She then saw that Luna had a call. At first, she was pleasantly talking with whoever she was talking to before quickly getting angry over something and hanging up.

'What was that about?' Sunset wondered. Pushing the thoughts aside, Sunset watched as the Dazzlings climbed the stage and began to perform, and she could again feel the dark magic around her. And she watched the whole scene helplessly.

'You will pay for this.'

Sunset was snapped out of her thoughts when she heard her phone ringing. When she took it out. She saw it was Chrysalis calling. She moved out of the auditorium and answered the call.

"Hello, Chrys," Sunset answered.

"Hello Sunset, is… is everything… okay?" Chrysalis asked from the other side.

"What do you mean?" Sunset asked, suspecting that it was her that called Luna earlier.

"I called Luna just a few minutes ago, and she was… different. What happened? Is everything okay?"

"Haa… no, everything's not okay…" Sunset said with a sigh.

"What happened?"

"Well, apparently, I was not the only equestrian in this world."

"Go on,"

"Well, to put it simply, there's s this three girls who came into CHS as new students yesterday. Apparently, they are some evil sirens from Equestria, and they can mind control people through their voice. They got everyone at CHS. Only I, Snowdrop, and the girls remain," Sunset said.

"Oh... I see. Well, is there anything I can do to help you?"

"Not that I can think of. We have Princess Twilight here with us, so don't worry," Sunset said. "Wait, maybe there's something you can do."

"What is it?"

"Snowdrop. Me and the girls didn't get affected thanks to the girls being Elements. I had direct exposure to the elements. But Snowdrop only got lucky to be in a different place when the sirens used their power," Sunset said.

"And you want me to look after Snowdrop?"

"Yes, Plea-"

"Don't worry, kid, I'll be there in an hour."

"Thanks, Chrys."

"Anytime, kid." Click*

Before long, the semifinals took place, and the Dazzlings proceeded to the final round defeating the Flash Drives. And the Rainbooms were left to face the Illusions. After the Illusions finished their song, it was Rainbooms' chance to sing. After deciding to play "Awesome as I wanna be", declining Fluttershy's suggestions to play one of her songs, the Rainbooms Climbed the stage.

Unlike the first time, everything was going great. Just a little too great. Sunset watched from the sideline as the girls all sing Rainbow's song about herself, and only Rainbow seemed to be enjoying the song. Everyone else was having a bad time thanks to Rainbow literally sing-boasting herself. And it was causing the one thing they were avoiding.

"This is bad," Sunset said to herself. Then to her great fear, she saw that Rainbows hair was glowing, and she's about to transform. "Oh, no! What do I do… what do I do…?" Sunset screamed inside her head. Then against her better judgment, she quickly dashed towards Rainbow and tackled her, stopping her from transforming.

Sunset walked back down the stage with angry shouts following her. Looking at the girls, she could tell they were having a similar reaction.

"What was that?" Rainbow shouted.

"You were showing them your magic. I didn't know what else to do," Sunset said, trying to defend herself.

"Close the curtains, unplug her amp, give us a chance to deal with the situation?" Rarity said.

"I'm sorry. I just wanted to help."

"Well, you didn't," Rainbow shouted. And that was it for Sunset. She couldn't even hold the tears back anymore.

"I… I-I didn't know… you were showing off your magic, and I didn't know what to do. I panicked, and now the sirens know about all this, and I couldn't do anything to stop it." Sunset shouted, holding her head with both her arms while tears streamed down her face. Twilight moved forward and gave Sunset a hug. "I'm scared, Twilight… I… I don't want to be alone again." She quietly said.

Just then, they heard singing coming from near them. They turned their heads to see the sirens singing a melody circling the principals. Sunset glared at the sirens, already knowing what they are doing. She couldn't stand it. There she was, watching while those things screwed with her family. Her anger roared, 'How dare they mess with my mom and aunt!'. Her vision edges were taking a scarlet tint as she raised to full height with an outright murderous glare. Unnoticed by Sunset, Trixie, who was walking up to gloat about her win, stopped in her tracks. The look on Sunset's face made her hair on the back of her neck stand up. Deciding her will to live was stronger than her will to gloat, Trixie waited for the curtain to accept her victory.

"Get away from them, you bu-" Sunset stopped mid-sentence when she felt someone suddenly hugging her. Looking down, she saw Snowdrop tightly hugging her. Quickly calming down, Sunset glared one last time at the Dazzlings and moved outside with Snowdrop while the girls remained.

Twilight looked at the retreating form of Sunset as she contemplated what happened. " What just happened?" she thought, looking at her still-warm hand.

Author's Note:

Oh no, what is happening?

Well, you are going to have to wait till the next chapter to find out :trixieshiftright:. Also, I'd like to know what you think is going to happen. Anyway, as always, R&R,