• Published 22nd May 2020
  • 9,306 Views, 446 Comments

You Will Never Be Alone - Leo Luce



When Sunset was hit by the rainbow, she lost everything. She had no friends, no family or at least a descent place to call her own. But when all seems lost, she not only found someone that care about her like a mother, but also someone very special.

  • ...
6
 446
 9,306

Chapter 13 (Edited by: Moonriseoversunset)

The next day, Sunset found herself walking home with Fluttershy after school. Fluttershy had some difficulties with a lesson in math class, so Sunset offered to help her. But since they didn't have any free periods together, Sunset asked if she'd like to go to her place and study there. Fluttershy being the shy girl, agreed with some hesitation.

Sunset usually waited for her mom after school. But today, she decided to walk there with Fluttershy rather than riding home with her mom, and an added bonus was she could talk with Fluttershy on the way there. They made their way to the bus station and got on the bus just before it left. They both sat in the back of the bus, where it was relatively private as no well was around them.

"So um, Fluttershy… I have been meaning to ask… uh do your parents know. About, you know, me… you… and that we're…" Sunset asked Fluttershy, as she played with her hands.

"Oh, um, I-I told them. A-and they were, well they were pretty worried about me, well us, hanging out together… s-special a-about… the past couple of years," Fluttershy said with a nervous voice.

"Oh, s-so, they don't like me…"

"N-not really, y-you were a b-bully… s-so they were w-worried about me b-but… I was able to convince them, and… they said they would like to meet you first if that's fine with you that is."

"M-meet them?" Sunset asked nervously.

"Y-yeah. Will you meet them? If you showed them t-that, you are good now and actually l-love me… they might give you a chance. Will you do it?" Sunset looked at Fluttershy's eyes for a while. Her beautiful opal eyes filled with hope and worry. After a while, Sunset smiled nervously.

"I'd do anything for you," Sunset said, blushing a bit. Fluttershy also blushed a bit as she muttered a small "Thank you."

Getting off the bus five minutes later, Sunset and Fluttershy walked home, with Fluttershy walking alongside her the entire way. Fluttershy looked at the house Sunset took her, and her eyes widened at the look of it.

"Wow… It's so big and wonderful," Fluttershy said with awe.

"Yeah, that's was the same expression I had. Even though mom's counterpart is a Princess and the ruler of Equestria, I didn't think this Celestia would be rich like that. Apparently, her family owns a large company, and guess what that is?" Sunset asked.

"I-I don't know… what is it?" Fluttershy said.

"Remember the person that found CHS?" Fluttershy nodded. "He was the CEO of that company by then," Sunset said, smiling while waiting for Fluttershy's reaction.

"What!" Fluttershy said with wide eyes.

"Yes, since mom didn't have any intention to run a company. She chose to be a teacher and became our principal now. Luna chose the same path after… Something happened," Sunset said, opening the door with the key her mom gave her and held open the door for Fluttershy.

"Something?" Fluttershy questioned.

"Sorry I can't tell you that."

"Oh… okay…"

After they get into the house, they placed their bags on the couch. Sunset went over to the kitchen to get something to eat while Fluttershy prepared for the lesson.

"Let's finish our homework first. So we can focus on your problem last," Sunset said.

"Okay. Let's do that," Fluttershy said.

They then began to do their homework. While they were working, Celestia came home after about forty-five minutes. They both had a fun time despite it being homework. Sunset helped Fluttershy when she was struggling with some of her homework. Sunset saw that Fluttershy was sometimes having trouble when reaching the total, or she confuse the signs or steps needed to complete the problem correctly. She also noted that Fluttershy tends to not write her work down, which leads to getting the wrong answer at the end because of a small mistake.

"Fluttershy? You sometimes miss or confuse the steps. Why don't you write your work down when you're solving an equation?" Sunset asked.

"Um… well… it's something kids do. Right?" Fluttershy asked.

"What? Who told you that? There's no such thing. I do that all the time. Everyone does."

"Really?"

"Of course, Fluttershy. Haven't you seen Cranky Doodle do that too?" They heard Celestia saying. She placed two teacups for the girls and left to get her own.

"He does?"

"Yep."

Before long, they finished their homework and get to work on Fluttershy's lesson.

"Trigonometry, this is an easy one. You just have to be a little creative," Sunset said.

"It is?" Fluttershy asked.

"Yeah, let's begin with the equations," Sunset said, pulling out a blank paper.


"There you go. Good job, Fluttershy." Sunset complimented after she completed another one of her questions.

"Wow, this seems so easy now," Fluttershy said.

"Well, it is now. Wait till you get to more complex questions." Sunset said. They heard the front door opening. 'Oh… Luna's here.'

"Are they hard?" Fluttershy asked with a hint of concern.

"Don't worry, they are not that hard. You just have to understand the question, and with a tiny bit trickery, you'll be able to pull it off."

"Trickery?"

"Yeah, most of the time, the question gives away a part of the answer. All you gotta do is use that to your advantage," Sunset said.

"Oh, Sunset, thank you," Fluttershy said, hugging the fiery hair girl, forgetting all of her shyness.

"Don't mention it. Always happy to help," Sunset said returning the hug. They were suddenly interrupted by a sudden voice, none of them recognized.

"Well, well, well… what do we have here?" The teens quickly let go of each other and looked at the person. They saw a woman with grey skin, dark blue hair, and green eyes. "Looks like our ponygirl found herself a mare," The woman said with a smirk. This made the teen's eyes widen.

"Oh, leave them be, Chrys," Luna scolded from the door.

"What?" Chrysalis said like nothing happened.



"Chrysalis, it's been so long since I've seen you," They saw Celestia coming up to them and greeting the woman.

"Hey, Celi,"

"Uh… mom?" Sunset asked, still confused.

"Oh! Right, Sunset, this is Chrysalis. Chrys, this is Sunset, my daughter," Celestia introduced each other.

"Hey there? Nice to finally meet you. That paperwork of yours was crafted by yours truly, and don't worry, your secret's safe with me." Chrysalis said. "And… who might this cutie pie be." She asked, looking at a blushing Fluttershy.

"Oh… um… I-I'm Fluttershy…" She softly said.

"Okay, Chrys, mind waiting for dinner?" Celestia asked.

"Of course."

"Wait, dinner?" Fluttershy said and looked at the clock. Sure enough, it was late. "Oh! I should get hom-"

"Don't worry, Fluttershy, I talk to your mom already. You can eat dinner with us, then we'll take you home after," Celestia said.

"You called my mom? So, do they know…?"

"They do. I thought it was for the best. Anyway, dinner will be ready soon. You all have a chat while I finish things up."

Sunset was explaining about her homeworld when the dinner was served. After everyone took a seat, they continued their talk.

"So you are telling me that everyone in this world has a counterpart in that world?" Chrysalis asked.

"Not everyone. For instance, I don't have a counterpart here. And some pony's counterparts here seem like they're a different species if they went through the portal. Because they're different from their pony versions. Mom's secretory Raven is a unicorn in Equestria, but this worlds Raven told me her family owns a by-plane, and she loves to fly it. So if she ever went to Equestria, she's most likely to be a Pegasus than a unicorn. Not to mention that, Twilight's dragon was a dog when he crossed over here," Sunset said.

"Wow… So, who are we in your world?" Chrysalis asked curiously.

"Oh, you won't believe it. My and Celestia's counterparts rule that world." Luna said.

"Oh yeah…?"

"It's true. Mom's and Luna's counterparts are alicorns, and they are the high rulers of Equestria. Celestia controls the Sun, and Luna controls the moon and helps ponies with her dream walking magic," Sunset said.

"What?" Chrysalis said disbelievingly. Luna smirked, and Celestia sighed, looking at the two.

"Yup. I think Fluttershy's a pegasus. And you know I was a unicorn. And… I'm sorry… I don't know about your counterpart," Sunset said.

"What? You don't know?"

"Sorry. But a lot of things have happened after I left. Princess Twilight might know about you," Sunset said with an apologetic look.

The rest of the dinner went without any interesting conversations, other than Luna and Chrysalis teasing each other. All and all, it was a nice day. It saddened Sunset a little bit when the time came for Fluttershy to leave, but she'd see her tomorrow, and with all the wonderful memories she got from the day, Sunset went to call it a night.
.
.
.
Right after, she played Ocarina of Time and beat the third dungeon on the 3ds Luna gave her.

Author's Note:

Sorry, the chapter's a little short. But don't worry, other chapters won't be this short. Also, this is getting closer to the end of the first ark. I will not tell you anything about it but you'll get a big surprise at the end. Anyway, stay tuned.