• Published 25th May 2020
  • 627 Views, 8 Comments

Once Upon Another Time - Undome Tinwe



A thousand years after love drove them apart, Luna reunites with an old flame.

  • ...
3
 8
 627

Bathing Beauty

The water was warm as it splashed across Hope's belly.

The unicorn mare was sprawled on the sand, taking shelter from the hot sun under a large umbrella. It was a perfect day for a trip to the beach, and the only thing that could make it better was...

"One glass of crystal berry juice, as you requested."

Hope took the proffered drink with her magic. "Thanks," she said to her beloved before patting at the ground beside her with a hoof. "C'mon, there's plenty of shade for the both of us."

Soon enough, she was snuggled up and watching the soft waves crash against the shores, enjoying this moment of peace and serenity. "This is the life," Hope said. "I wish we could do this every day, but I guess even after we get that last shard it isn't in the cards for us."

"Unfortunately, no," her companion replied. "I have my duties to attend to, and once we return to Canterlot, you will have your own studies to continue."

Hope groaned. "Can't believe that my epic quest to revive a lost princess would turn out to be the vacation. At least we can still relax in our dreams, right? Those are better than this, anyways."

"Of course." Luna nuzzled her, and Hope sighed in contentment at the sensation.

"It's really going to be over tomorrow, huh?" Hope asked, returning the gesture.

"Aye," Luna replied. "You have worked hard this past year, and will have a hero's welcome when we return to Canterlot."

"I didn't do it alone, though." Hope sighed, as she often did now when she thought of the one she'd spent this adventure with. "I hope Sombra's doing okay in Griffonstone. And I hope that having a little bit of distance will help him get over me."

"These things take time," Luna said sympathetically. "As you said, love never dies, and while it can change, that is often not an easy process."

"I know." Hope took another sip from her glass. "I just wish there was something I could do."

"Hmm, perhaps there is nothing for you to do." Glancing up, Hope saw a calculating expression on Luna's muzzle. "But I may have an idea. If Sombra could find love again with somepony else, somepony who had once loved another version of him, it would go a long way towards ameliorating his feelings for you, and you for him."

Hope smiled. "That would mean a lot for me if you could help him."

"I am always happy to have the opportunity to play the matchmaker," Luna said. "Especially now that I have found my own perfect match. Once upon another time, I had a taste of joy, and I thought I had lost it all, but now I have you again, and our story has only just begun."

"Aww." They kissed, and this time, when Hope sighed, it was with contentment. "How about we continue our story back in our hotel room? I'll race you there!"

And so, laughing with the joy of an undying love, Hope turned the page of the book of her life, and set out on her next adventure.

Comments ( 8 )

Set in the canon of Siege of the Crystal Empire, and not canon to Season 9.

This is probably a story where the comic series tag would be useful to have, judging by this bit.

10250934
I did not realize that tag existed. Thanks for the heads-up.

10250962
There are so many new tags it's why I try to stay on top of them, just in case I have something that needs re-tagged or a new idea (or, uh, drop comments like this). Also, this pairing is so close to being Luna/Sombra that I'm genuinely a bit shook. Obviously I kid a bit, but still!

10250969
This almost ended up a Luna x Sombra fic in the end, and might have if it weren't for the contest requiring unique pairings. And thanks to an author who shall remain nameless, Lunbra no longer counts as that.

10250985

This almost ended up a Luna x Sombra fic in the end, and might have if it weren't for the contest requiring unique pairings.

Twist the knife, why don't you? :fluttercry:
Honestly, there's never enough of those good goth horses on this site, especially compared to other ships that get their regular additions to the hoard. Perhaps I'll have to entice some change there. If stories don't gobble me whole with their neediness.

And thanks to an author who shall remain nameless, Lunbra no longer counts as that.

It was that darn LackLustre.

And Luna is the victor. :heart:

Finally finished reading this! It's pretty good. You did a good job setting up the love triangle and giving every party their say. My main complaint is that Radiant Hope's personality feels a bit vague, but I felt that during the Siege of the Crystal Empire arc too. I found her much more interesting during Sombra's origin story, where she had qualities that I interpreted as mentally atypical (though that could just be my foggy memories).

Login or register to comment