• Published 13th May 2020
  • 1,342 Views, 77 Comments

The Seventh Sense - LikeaSir



So as it turns out, humans are magic. Yeah, I know... sounds ridiculous, right? Trust me, I never really saw it coming myself either - but we really are! I guess I should let you in on humanities best kept secret, huh?

  • ...
7
 77
 1,342

Horrible baboon makes himself known to science

I followed Applejack's swiftly retreating figure away from the station; Big Mac and Braeburn in hot pursuit, bickered quietly behind me. By now, I'd caught my first sight of Ponyville, and I have to say, it was... umm... perhaps impressive, is the word? In a rural, backwards kind of way, at any rate. The place looked so untouched by progress that I felt almost as if I were looking into a little pocket of history.

The quaint little town stretched before us. A delightfully picturesque place; all thatched rooves and winding cobbled streets. Occasionally, a pastille pegasus would take to the air, fluttering silently over the rooves and streets alike. It must be nice to have that sort of freedom...

Towards the outskirts, stood the biggest, most fuck off tree I'd ever seen. It looked like someone had crossed a grand old oak, with the mightiest baobab they could find. Intrigued, I hurried after Applejack to ask a few questions - the first in mind being 'what the hell is that thing'.

"It's a tree" came the dry reply. Ask a stupid question, get a stupid answer, I guess. To be fair to her though, she soon told me the tree was exactly what we were heading for, then followed this tidbit of information up with the audacious claim that the dirty great plant was in fact a library. I remained unconvinced, until an ungainly telescope, windows and a balcony came into view, just below the vast rippling canopy of leaves.

"Uh-huh!" she nodded, continuing her rundown of the town. "Mah' friend Twilight lives there. And there? That's the town hall, see it? That tall building - With the pillars? And that..." She waved a hoof over at a teetering monstrosity that no sane architect would've given the go-ahead to "That's Sugar Cube Corner. The Cakes let the attic room out to other friend of mine, Pinkie Pie."

"The uuh... Cakes...?"

"Darn tootin! The Cake family? They own the place. Ya like cake, darlin'?" she asked, smiling up at me. "Ya should think about giving em' a visit when you're feelin' a tad better."

I would DEFINITELY be keeping a note of the place. If Meadowsweet's brownie was anything to go by, pony cooking was not to be missed...

As we neared the swaying, vegetal library, Applejack told me a briefly about its inhabitants. This Twilight Sparkle character apparently lived there with her private serf. His name was Spike. Applejack described him as some sort of... live in manservant cum sibling, and outright laughed when I asked if his wage was good, boldly asserting that 'he didn't need to be paid'. Overall, it seemed a curiously degenerate arrangement to me, and I found myself wondering if slavery was alive and well here. I bloody well thought this place was a bit too perfect. Spike - the Civil Rights Movement starts at home. I'm with you, buddy!

We continued walking and I continued taking in the sights. I was practically lost in the magic of the place! All around me, ponies busied themselves, going about their daily lives with a vigour and enthusiasm I rarely saw back on Earth. On a nearby rooftop, there was a little gray pegasus, practically shedding tears of joy as she stuffed down a muffin. Off to my left, a polite queue of ponies hung out of the doorway of what looked to be a sweet shop, chatting and giggling amongst themselves. Everything seemed to be a grand day out to these little ponies. Hell, even their jobs seemed to bring them unparalelled happiness - as a grass green stallion drawing a small wagon of gardening tools went strolling past, grinning like a lunatic. 'Greenhoof's Gardening Co' was crudely painted across the side of his little wagon, along with what I can only imagine was his address. No guesses what he did for a living...

"Well, here we are sugar cube!" Applejack all but bellowed, coming to a halt before the tree's front goddamn door. "I'll introduce ya to Twilight n' Spike, but ah' can't stay long - got a lot to take care of round the farm, ah' hope you understand" she finished sheepishly. With that, Applejack strode up to the door, and knocked with unnescessary ferocity.

"Comiiing!" came a muffled voice from inside, swiftly followed by the pitter patter of feet on wood. And sure enough, a moment late, the door popped open to reveal...

"Oh hey Applejack!" the monster said "How're you todaWHAT IN TARTARUS IS THAT THING?! RUN A.J! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!!!" it continued, fleeing desperately back inside the treehouse.

Huh...

I'd been expecting a pony.

"Uuh... uhhh. Well, that was Spike" Applejack said, gesturing towards the retreating figure after a moment's mortified silence.

"I uum... yes, he seems nice. What is he, exactly...?"

"Don't they have dragons where you come from?" Applejack snorted, staring up at me - eyes betraying her disbelief.

"Pahahah! Course not mate! Dragons aren't real."

there was a distant *POP*, and a not so distant scream.

A very purple, very agitated pony rushed up to replace Spike's now absent figure. It stood in the doorway, tremoring in disbelief.

"W-w-what happened to Spike? Applejack, did you see?! He... he... he's GONE! Did he teleport?!"

"...UHH! UHHHH? UUUUUH..." observed Applejack, eruditely; clearly overcome by this sudden turn of events.

"Breathe, Applejack! Think! What happened?!" snapped Twilight unhelpfully, concern twisting her features.

Applejack's eyes flicked up to me, and she went silent. No. Absolutely not, Applejack, There's no way you are pinning this one on me.

"He uuh, he uhh, he... uuuuh." Applejack vaguely waved an accusatory hoof.

"He what..."

"He disappeared..." mumble Applejack unhelpfully.

Twilight facehoofed.

In a fairly predictable flash of inspiration, Applejack swung the accusing hoof over to point at me "... when HE said dragon's don't exist..."

Oh dear.

Twilight rounded on me, affronted. "Dragons do exist!" she screeched, exasperation clear in her voice. "And now you're here, they can teleport too, apparently!" Her expression darkened, and her glare became fixed, and dangerous. "What. Did. You. Do."

"Bliiiiimey Twilight! Ok! Ok! alright! I'm sorry! Maybe dragons do exist then!"

*...POP* "AAAAAAAAAAAA... oh." finished spike, winking back into existence a few feet behind Twilight.

We all stared at him for a moment, completely lost for words.

Then, Twilight stared at me...

Author's Note:

I hope this chapter is alright! Not too boring or whatever! I'm trying to tone down the comedy, and get into actual story now. There'll still be the occasional gag, of course! :raritywink: Lemme' know if you spot anything guys - I still don't have a proofreader to point out my idiot mistakes :twistnerd: