• Published 13th May 2020
  • 1,340 Views, 77 Comments

The Seventh Sense - LikeaSir



So as it turns out, humans are magic. Yeah, I know... sounds ridiculous, right? Trust me, I never really saw it coming myself either - but we really are! I guess I should let you in on humanities best kept secret, huh?

  • ...
7
 77
 1,340

The Great and Powerful pancake hoover

The muted tinkle of cutlery dragged me away from my dreams, back to the world at large, and to an overwhelming, voracious hunger for pancakes. Cracking an eyelid, I peered morosely about myself, taking in the surroundings. Or perhaps more accurately, taking in the stink. I lay in a very purple, VERY smelly bed. The bold assumption that this may be Twilight's bedroom crossed my mind. Heavens... what, I wonder, could possibly have led me to that conclusion? Perhaps the fact that I'm surrounded on all sides by literal walls of books? Maybe the flagrant overuse of scatter cushions? Possibly the hastily hidden chocolate wrappers, leaking from practically every nook and cranny in sight?

I sat a moment in quiet contemplation, appreciating Twilight greatly for her absolute mancave, and rather less so for her hygine. Her bed smells quite distinctly of... umm...? I pondered a moment - giving the duvet another tentative sniff.

Oh dear. Yes, the heady scent of stale farts. I shuddered with politely internalised horror, and desperately sought something other than Twilight's horrendous lair to turn my attention to.

The gentle sussuruss of a summer breeze through the library's leaves provided me with a welcome distraction - diverting my gaze to a window that opened onto a glittering night sky. The sight was utterly sensational. More than compelling enough to warrant a closer inspection! Summoning the will to extricate myself from Twilight's farty bed, I scrabbled at the duvet - freed myself from its confines, and plopped down onto the worn floorboards below.

I stood, captivated. The night drew me, as inexorably as potato salad draws ants to a picnic. I plodded, gaping, towards the window, as a gentle breeze caressed the embarrassingly fluffy powder pink tuft I sported on my chest.

'PFFFAHAAAAAha!!' I unleashed a gigglesnort fit to wake the dead. My chest tuft is incredibly ticklish... who'd have thought it?

There was a muffled crash in one of the rooms below, followed by a frenzied clopping* that grew swiftly louder. Apparently, this clopping heralded the arrival of my purple benefactor - for momentarily, her big worried eyes made an appearance at the top of the staircase.

"O-oh! Frankenstein's Monster, you're awake! I've been so worried abou-"

"Yes, hello. I would like pancakes. Also could you stop calling me Frankenstein's Monster please, Twilight?"

"P-pancakes? I thought you asked me to call you Frankensteins Monster earlier this evening!"

"Pancakes, yes. And the Frankenstein's Monster thing was a joke."

"W-wait... that now was a joke? Or earlier? Do you or don't you want me to call you Frank-"

"NO TWILIGHT I DON'T WANT TO BE CALLED THAT!"

She lifted a hoof to her chest clearly a little miffed.

"I uuh... I'm sorry, Miss Sparkle. I think I'm just a little hangry? Perhaps if I had some of those delightful pa-"

"The LAST thing you should be worried about, young filly, is pancakes!"

"I am in all fairness Twilight, a GROWING young filly."

"Go to sleep! I mean it! Food should be the last thing on your mind. Go get a good night's rest, so you'll be feeling fresh and ready to face your first day as a pony!"

I glared flatly at her. She stood implacable.

"Pancakes now" she said, (with all the sanctimonious wisdom she could muster) "Won't help you adjust to your new life here tomorrow. Sleep will!"

I yawned hugely.

"Do you see my point?" she deadpanned.

"Why yes, Twilight; I do see your point." I responded facetiously, eyeing her horn. She rolled her eyes at me.

Then an idea struck me... go go gadget childish manipulation tactics!

"All the same, Miss Sparkle, I may as well get used to all this pony stuff sooner rather than later. Don't you think? C-couldn't I just start adjusting now? I mean, considering everything Spike said, my situation seems pretty final, doesn't it? He gave me a quick... uuh... quanthaumsciencedoormagic lesson, whilst you were beating off most of the Apple family. He also gave me pancakes."

Twilight glowered.

"A-anyway!" I followed quickly, before she could indulge her evidently rising anger. "Long story short, I'm stuck here forever, and that ain't changing... soooo... there's no real point in just whining about it, is there?" I reared up, and plonked my front hooves on the windowsill, gazing poigniantly into the velveteen, star specked expance that stretched above me. "I... *SNIFF* I May as well suck it up, and do my absolute best to get on with life." I whimpered theatrically, doing my level best to tug at ole' Twiggle's heartstrings. OOOOH!! I definitely heard a sympathetic sniffle there! Am I getting through to her?!

"May I be candid for a moment, Twilight?"

Y-yes! Please! I... y-you..."

YES! She's breaking, I'm sure of it! Time to bring out the big guns! I turned my cutesie, shimmering, soulful eyes upon her.

"T-Twilight?" I stammered - a very intentional crack to my voice. "I think the best thing life can offer me at this point, is..."

"...Yes?

"*sniffle*...Is"

"YES?"

"more pancakes."

Twilight's expression shifted into one of mild exasperation "It's the middle of the night! You're a foal! You should be asleep! Y-you've just HAD pancakes! Besides, you shouldn't eat before bed, you'll get all tubby an-"

"Twiiiiiliiiiight!" I warbled plaintively, cutting her off mid sentence. "I'm awaaake! And I'm huuuuuuuuuuuungry! And your bed smelt of faaaarts!" I stomped around huffily for good measure, until an evil thought occurred... "I shall tell Rainbow Dash, Twilight. I shall tell her about the farts in your duvet."

There was an indignant squeak from Twilight's direction. A furtive glance, confirmed that I'd struck a weak point, as poor Miss Sparkle had flushed a charming shade of red, and was quite clearly lost for words. Perhaps a gentle prompt, might be in order...?

"...I could really go for some panca-"

"OKAY! Okay... J-just... don't say anything to Rainbow about the f... t...the far-"

"The farts?"

"Um. Y-yes. Quite. The uum... the farts..."Twilight backed hesitantly down the stairs, into the kitchen, blushing like an actual tomato.

That... actually worked? Well, I guess I'm getting pancakes now. If I had any degree of self awareness, realisation would've rushed over me in a cold cold wave the instant I'd registered the fact I was acting like an absolute child. Hah! It's almost as if Doctor Kiwi's crucible regressed my mind, along with my body.

Gosh, what a silly idea!

With the happy thought of pancakes on my mind, I waddled after Twilight's retreating form.

Author's Note:

*Frenzied clopping LOL. Sorry.

Also, did anyone get my subtle unicorn joke? Or were my efforts a little... ahaha... pointless? ;D

Anyways! Dickhead is back! YEAH BOIIII! Pardon the wait. Load of my friends died of Covid, and I've been miserable.

Wow though... A thousand words dedicated to main char's quest for pancakes. I feel as if this 'story' has pretty much gone to shit. It'll go somewhere better eventually. Maybe. Perhaps I'll just rewright this chapter and we'll get some actual character/ story development. Who knows!

On that note, If you feel a little positive criticism is in order, would you mind giving me a bit of feedback, please? Only if you have the time and inclination, of course! Thank you :D

Comments ( 1 )

That... actually worked? Well, I guess I'm getting pancakes now. If I had any degree of self awareness, realisation would've rushed over me in a cold cold wave the instant I'd registered the fact I was acting like an absolute child. Hah! It's almost as if Doctor Kiwi's crucible regressed my mind, along with my body.

Gosh, what a silly idea!

Hmmmmmmmmmm :trixieshiftright::facehoof:

Login or register to comment