• Published 18th Apr 2021
  • 231 Views, 2 Comments

When You Get To Be Birds... - Majestical4729



Sometime after the events of the Season 4 episode 'Twilight Time', Apple Bloom accidentally creates a potion wrongly, which turns the Crusaders into small birds capable of flight.

  • ...
 2
 231

Making the Potion

At the Cutie Mark Crusaders' Clubhouse, Apple Bloom met up with Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo, who were delighted to hear the news the earth pony had.

"Really?! A potion that can make things that can't fly, fly?!" Sweetie Belle asked.

"Apple Bloom, that's so a dream come true! I'd never want you to quit potion classes now!" Scootaloo squealed.

"Oh, it's nothing, Crusaders. Just thought that we can use something new and cool as this potion." Apple Bloom modestly responded.

"Actually, we haven't even make this potion yet," Sweetie Belle pointed out.

"You're right, Sweetie Belle, we haven't!" Scootaloo noticed.

"Then what are we waiting for? Let's make it!" Apple Bloom announced.

"According to the book, we need a feather from birds of different colours." Sweetie Belle said, looking at the writings on the book.

The next thing the Crusaders did was visit Fluttershy to get the said ingredients. The feathers came in the different colours of the rainbow and more, including black and white. Once that was done, Scootaloo looked at the page and said, "Now we need some clouds."

The Crusaders got Rainbow Dash to bring them a fluffy white cloud from the sky, under the guise that they just wanted a while of playtime with a cloud, especially because they could never make it up to Cloudsdale. While playing, they managed to sneak some of the cloud into a small transparent bottle, and placed the cap back on to prevent the cloud from escaping.

"Last but not least, we need the lightest liquid." Apple Bloom announced, once Rainbow Dash was out of sight.

"Lightest liquid?" Scootaloo asked, "The only liquid I know I can think of right now is water!"

"How about oill?" Sweetie Belle suggested, "Oil is lighter than water, it floats right on top of water!"

"That's it, Sweetie Belle! We need some oil!" Apple Bloom responded, before going to her family's farm to get the said liquid from the kitchen.


Once all the ingredients were gathered, the Crusaders started making the potion in their headquarters, their clubhouse.

"Cloud," Apple Bloom named the ingredient, which Scootaloo handed to her. After the cloud was in the round bottom flask, Apple Bloom said the next ingredient's name.

"Bird feathers,"

Sweetie Belle used her magic to levitate the whole bunch of feathers from Fluttershy, into the flask.

"And the oil," Apple Bloom finished, pouring all the oil that was needed to fill up the flask to engulf the cloud and feathers.

"Now it needs some heating," Apple Bloom said, before being cut off by Scootaloo.

"Heating?!"

"Didn't every pony tell us that oil is something that shouldn't be played with around fire? Because it can make fire worse?" Sweetie Belle added.

"The book says to just place it under the sunshine until it changes colour." Apple Bloom reassured, "Come on, Crusaders! Who wants to fly?"

"I do! I do!" Scootaloo excitedly cheered.

"Then let's get making the potion!" Sweetie Belle added.


Soon enough, a few minutes under the bright sun's rays in the area right outside the clubhouse caused the potion to change its colour from faint yellow to sparkly gold.

"Wow, the potion is so sparkly, Rarity will love it!" Sweetie Belle commented, watching the colour change.

"Does that mean it's ready! Please be ready!" an impatient Scootaloo asked.

"Hold on Crusaders, we should know better to test potions on unimportant and not dangerous objects first." Apple Bloom told her best friends, before looking around. "Like that little stone"

Apple Bloom used her mouth to carry the flask like what most earth ponies do, as she approached the stone and dipped a small droplet of the potion onto it.

"It's still on the ground!" Scootaloo complained.

"Nothing happened!" Sweetie Belle added.

"Maybe it needs a few more droplets," Scootaloo suggested.

Apple Bloom poured more potion onto the same stone, but still nothing happened.

"Maybe the whole thing?" Sweetie Belle suggested.

"What?! If we used the whole thing on hat stone, there will be no potion left for us!" Scootaloo complained.

"But we got to make sure that the potion's working the way it should!" Sweetie Belle argued.

As the two started a fight, Apple Bloom could not help but move her mouth to say, "Girls, stop!"

The moment the earth pony's mouth was moving to let her speak, the flask that it was holding was released, shattering on the ground and spilling the potion all over the Cutie Mark Crusaders!

The very next second, the three fillies were glowing, as the potion revealed itself to have magical effects on them, despite having no effects on the stone.

"What's happening?!" Scootaloo asked.

"Is the potion supposed to do this?!" Sweetie Belle questioned in a scared tone.

"I don't know!" Apple Bloom replied in an equally frightened tone, before the three transformed...