• Published 14th May 2020
  • 1,181 Views, 34 Comments

Unseen Voice - DizzyPaws356



Melody, a lonely Changeling that was left behind the attack, lost her memory and had to find a way to survive.

  • ...
1
 34
 1,181

Chapter 5: Assimilation.

♫-Chapter 5-♫

♫-Assimilation-♫

=-=-=-=-=

Melody and Sonorous Spent the next two weeks hanging out. They would go out to eat, walk around the castle, and even spend the night in each others room. Melody would describe the night sky whenever it was clear enough to see the stars. She even spent some of her free time to look up a few constellations to learn how they look so just in case she is able to spot them and tell Sonorous about them. Whenever one of them would perform, the other one would sit backstage and listen to the one singing.

After performing, Sonorous assistance walks up to her, help to guide her to backstage. Melody smiling as she watches, "That was great Sonorous!" she said happily as Sonorous walks to her, "No wonder why your shows always sell out so fast." she continues as the assistance walks off. Even from backstage, you can hear the crowd talking about the Sonorous' performance as they make their way out of the room. "Thanks Melody." Sonorous says smiling, "And they don't always sell out." she continued blushing a little. Both mares sit backstage and talk, waiting for the theater to clear out.

Melody leads Sonorous back to her room, once they made it to her room, Melody lets Sonorous in first before following in behind. Locking the door behind herself as she follows the blue mare inside. Without knowing, every night they would spend together, Melody would make sure the door was locked. Not only that, the nights they would spend talking all night, Melody would transform into her changeling form. She thought it would help make her feel more confident about it. Sonorous would lay on one couch as Melody would lay on the other as they talk all night long.

As the mares talk, Melody noticed that Sonorous looks like shes really thinking of something or something on her mind has been stuck there for awhile. Melody tilts her head as she looks over at her, "Hey Sonorous? You have something on your mind?" she ask as Sonorous turns her head away for a moment before facing Melody, "It's nothing really. Just kinda been wondering about something..." Sonorous replies as her glassy eyes stare at Melody. Waiting for Sonorous to say what it was that was on her mind, Melody ask, "Well what is it? Is it something I can help with?" she worries when it takes Sonorous a minute before saying anything.

Sonorous takes a deep breath before exhaling, "Melody? Are... Are you a changeling..." she ask. Melody freezes like a statue, unable to speak a word. 'How could she know?' 'I thought I was doing well to keep it a secret...' 'Has she told anypony?' 'What will she do if I tell her I am?' Melody ask herself thinking of how to reply. With a little shake in her voice, "What? Me? A changeling? Pffft... No... Why do you ask..." she tries to act calm, but her body starts to act up. Her heart starts beating on her chest, nerves tingling from head to hoof, her legs want to get up and dash out of the room before anything happens.

"Well it took me awhile to remember... But hearing you transform the last few nigh..." Sonorous said before Melody interrupts "How would you know how it sounds?" she asked sounding upset, thinking she was able to do it without making a sound. Sonorous lowers her ears, "Quite a few months ago... There was an attack on the castle during a royal wedding... Queen Chrysalis is it? She attempted to take over... I was out in the garden when it happen..." she said taking a moment to remember it all.
=-=-=-=

In the garden of Canterlot, Sonorous is laying on the ground, her front hooves tucked under her as she listens to all the song birds chirp and whistle. She can also hear other ponies talk about the wedding and how amazing it is. Just a bit before the wedding starts, she can hear the ponies make their way to the castle. Sonorous waits for her helper pony to get her and lead the way. A white stallion walks up to Sonorous, stretching his hoof to rest on her shoulder, "It is about to start Sonorous, Rea..."

Before the stallion could finish, a booming shatter sound fills the air as the ground underneath them shaking violently, followed by a loud buzzing sound just before what sounds like mortar shells landing all around Canterlot. The stallion looks up to watch the swarm of changeling rain from the sky as ponies nearby scream in and run. He grabs Sonorous by the hoof and run. Startled by the sounds going on, she lets the stallion lead the way, "Whats was that sound!? What is going on! Where are we going?" Sonorous yells out to the stallion, "Canterlot is under attack! We need to get somewhere safe!" he shouts back leading the blind mare.

Spotting a pony waving at him and Sonorous, he lead her to the pony. Quickly running to the pony, making it in the home as they close the door behind them, "Thank you." the stallion said as he turns to the other stallion. Sonorous trying to catch her breath, but before she can give thanks, she hears a warp like sound before a thump. The helpful pony was a changeling in disguise and charged the stallion helping Sonorous, "What happened!" she ask scared. The changeling and the stallion struggling, he shouts, "I was tricked! Quick! Try to get out!" doing his best to keep the changeling from going after her.

Sonorous takes a few moments before finding the door as she was shaking in fear, but was able to get out. The sound of battle surrounds her. Not knowing where to go, "Help! Somepony! I need help!" she yells out loud in hope somepony nearby can hear her, but drawing attention to the uninvited guest, she hears the sound of the changeling wings buzz heading right to her, before a sudden purple beam blasted them away. "Are you okay? Are you hurt?" Twilight Sparkle ask running up to Sonorous, "Yes, I am okay, but the stallion inside needs help." she replies.
=-=-=-=

"She then told me she was going to teleport me to a safe part of the castle before going in..." Sonorous said with her ears still low, "After some time the kingdom was able to fight off the attack. Twilight got me when everything was clear... I asked if the stallion who was helping me was okay, but... She didn't want to answer it... I feel likes it my fault that something happen to him..." she continued waiting for Melody to say something. Both ponies sat in silence as Melody is informed of what happen before she lost her memory.

'Was I really trying to help overthrow Canterlot? Did I hurt anypony? Why was I the only one left behind...' Melody's head floods with questions and her heart feels guilt for doing such a thing. In the wave of mixed emotions, Melody stops to look at Sonorous. Tears blurring up her vision, and scared, Melody gets off the couch and kneel in front of Sonorous, "I am so sorry that happen! I promise I'm not the same pony from then... Please don't tell anypony... I'll do anything!" she pleads as tears stream down her cheeks.

Even with eyes full of tears, Melody can see Sonorous smiling, raising her hoof. Moving around a little, but able to reach, Sonorous rest her hoof on Melody's head. She can feel the rough exoskeleton of Melody, "Calm down Melody. You will be okay. I will not tell anypony about this... I wondered what the sound you always made was, but I didn't really know how to ask it." she said trying to calm Melody down, "But... But aren't you scared of me? Or upset about the things other changelings did?" she ask.

Sonorous shakes her head gently, "You silly filly, I'm not scared of you. You are my friend... But I won't lie... I was very scared the first time we met. I thought I was in danger when I heard the sound of you transforming, but you didn't hurt me... Then when I got to know you... I found out you are nothing like the others..." she said down to Melody as she wipes the tears away, "So... You won't turn me in?" Melody ask looking up at Sonorous who is still smiling brightly down at her, "No I won't Melody." she replied. After taking some time to pull herself together, Melody lays back on the other couch, both mares staying quite as they let time pass.