• Published 9th May 2020
  • 6,200 Views, 686 Comments

DOOM of Griffonstone! - ShadowStar_IMHP



[Displaced] Victor Von Doom was a Character in Marvel comics. So why am I in his head? Why are we in Griffonstone? I also must ask... who am I?

  • ...
29
 686
 6,200

Canceled

The truth is there is not much left, Doom took over Griffonstone and he was going to give Equestria to Twilight and her friends. Just like in the comics Doom doesn't want to rule the world. He has taken over the world a few times and ended up quitting ruling for one reason or another. Basically, he got bored of being the absolute ruler, there was no challenge left. I also developed more as a writer and spot so many errors in this!

I started writing this as first I wanted to explore the "Displaced" gimmick and wanted to write a story where there were no added powers. Everything Doom does in this story is something he has done in the comics or other media. I looked up him on the Marvel Database and other wikis to make sure.

Second I wanted to explore the idea of someone getting a character's knowledge implanted into their brain. In this case, the Doom armor rewrites a person's mind, so logically the same would happen to the displaced fellow that ended up in the armor. Hence the Hans/Doom sharing a mind situation.

Ultimately this was a side project I was doing in my spare time. The time I no longer have, so I was forced to limit myself to one story, and that is Prince of Dreams.

Comments ( 19 )

Understood. Take all the time you need, I for one can instill the value of patience!

Very understandable. Take all the time ya need, we all will wait...:twilightsmile:

Break? Break?! BREAK?! Sounds good

I really can't wait to see the show alongside chrysalis.

10814532
You brought it here when you talked about the plan-demic in your first chapter.

10814921
I wrote that chapter close to a year ago before politics got involved. That was when even Trump called it Covid.

Any political association came after it was published. I was angry at the closing lockdowns and afraid. So I wrote to vent.

Now no more talk about a just two short paragraphs I didn’t even use the virus name in the prologue. It has nothing to do with the story but a different setup then the trope “I was at the con when…” that was all my reason for the prologue.

Noooooooo!!! Please start it back up soon. I want to see what happens next sooo much. This story is so awesome. And now that Best Pony is here it got like a whole 20% better.:rainbowlaugh:

PS I don't want you to think that I'm mad at you or anything like that for taking a break. That was mostly me being melodramatic. Whenever you get back to your story I will be there to read it:twilightsmile:

I just read the summery and I'm a little confused. Is this Doctor Doom himself or is it a random person in Doctor Dooms body?

There isnt mutch left?
Sombra, Storm King, Tirek, Grogar, space tech and travel development, turning all ponys Alicorns, boop Lunas snoot, Crystal Empire restoration, wonder how he will deal with Wendigos, Blueblood, Sphinxes & Cozy Glow...

10876881
I’m glad you enjoyed my writing. I did change my plan for this story dropped a few ideas.

I could do much more but story wise it almost done. The story not how he takes over the world, but how he overcomes the limitations he had in the Comics and adapts to living in this reality. So yes I could have more happen but it be boring to me.

I got another Displaced type story brewing in my mind involving a World of Warcraft Troll in the Everfree. There are also my other stories I’m working on that aren’t Displaced.

10876881
LMAO! Ah-ha-ha! Good one!:pinkiecrazy::pinkiehappy:

10877309
the two forms of government that some lot about:twilightblush:

This was amazing, not many good DOOM fics here and this blew the other right out of the water!

I really hope you come back at some point and take another shot at this Fic proper!

11295237
Thanks I might finish it eventually. Just not sure how, Doom now has an army of Griffons, Alicorns, Doom Golems, and he could reasonably recruit the Changelings. Not to mention Doom himself is Overpowered even without the gauntlet.

That’s why I had trouble of how to end it. The story was mostly how he takes over Griffonstone and the world building there.

11295373

Multidimensional help? There has to be hundreds, if not Thousands, of Equestrias that could use his help from Alien invasions to Tyrannical versions of the Princesses!

Besides, he still has a few nations on in his Equestria like the Zebras, the Polar bears, the Yaks, etc that likely have been suffering that he could reach out and help!

Hell he even mentioned going to space at one point and that’s a fairly big frontier in of its self to explore!

Edit: in other words, there are a bunch of potential ways you can take this Fic that would still fit in with his stated goals!

Canceled wow all the sadness.

11595005
Yeah, unfortunately I just haven’t been on my computer in weeks. It’s all good my life is going well. When I wrote I was channeling my emotions into my writing.

Now I’m gardening and playing D&D on the weekends when I’m off.

Writing became more a chore where I felt guilty for not writing, but my desire to write wasn’t there. That’s not a good thing so I decided to just end.

If another writer wants to take over I be more then happy to hand it over.

Login or register to comment