• Published 9th May 2020
  • 6,152 Views, 686 Comments

DOOM of Griffonstone! - ShadowStar_IMHP



[Displaced] Victor Von Doom was a Character in Marvel comics. So why am I in his head? Why are we in Griffonstone? I also must ask... who am I?

  • ...
29
 686
 6,152

Act I: Doom Rising, Chapter One: Doom is coming!

The dry arid wind blew steadily over the dry grassy mountain range. Life struggled to survive in the arid place the constant winds blew any storms away before they could rain enough cause the plants to recover. Trees had no leaves and the barks turned gray as they dried out. It was a wasteland in any sense of the word.

In this dry windy place, a figure appeared standing 6‘7“ in full-body armor that seems to belong to the middle ages but was in truth one of the most advanced armors in the known world. Interlocking plates of titanium alloy protected the man from the moisture stealing winds. His green cape pressed against his back as he looked at the wasteland with his piercing brown eyes. The only part of the human within that was viewable was those brown eyes and scarred skin surrounding them.

Nero-interface connections to the armor sensors fed the man data directly to his brain. Cybernetics linked to his optic nerves feed him a HUD display. He stood there reading the incoming data and then looked up at the sun. Subconscious commands to the armor caused protective screens to slide into place guarding his eyes against the powerful light direct looking at the sun. Those same sensors quickly analyzed the sunlight and size. Rage built up in him as he read the data.

“AGGHHHH” That rage released in an atomic blast of energy at a random boulder shattering it into glowing melted fragments. “REED RICHARDS! When I get back to Earth you will regret the day you exiled Victor Von DOOM!” His anger didn’t lessen but he had a goal in mind and blasting rocks wouldn’t get him back to earth.

‘Reed Richards? He’s a comic character... what happening to me.’

“Who said that? Who dares trespass in my mind!” Doom looked around most telepaths need the line of sight on their targets. It was possible for telepath like Charles Xavier, but as far as Doom knew there weren’t many of that level of power.

‘Trespass, my mind? It’s hard to think... who... am I? Wait, I am...’ Then from the mouth of the man “I am Victor Von Doom!” ‘Wait... no, I’m...’

“ENOUGH!”

‘Okay, look I don’t know what going on. I can’t move and I got you in my head.’

“insignificant insect. It is you who is invading my mind. This body is Doom’s and Doom’s alone. I built this armor from the scraps of the armor I created with the assistance of Tibetan monks.”

‘The armor! I remember putting on my replica armor... and the infinity gauntlet.’

“Of course! The Gauntlet... I shall banish you from my mind.” He raised his left hand the golden infinity gauntlet shone in the alien sun. “Begone!” The mind stone flashed then...

Victor grabbed his head as pain rocked his mind. The pain was something he was used to, but the focus-shattering agony that shook his mind was overwhelming. It was only the might of the armor that prevented him from falling to his knees.

‘Did it work?’

“Reed must have sent me to another universe. That the only explanation. The infinity gems can only work at full power in the universe it was created in.”

‘Yeah, let’s go with that. I’m sure if you had the resources you could remove me from your mind. For now, however, all you have is your armor, so we aren‘t gaining anything just standing here.’

Victor was brooding, banished to another universe with this annoying voice in his head. Worst that voice was correct he needed a base of operation, and standing still wasn’t getting those resources. Still in what direction to travel? A quick calculation and the anti-gravity disks on his belt activate and he lifts into the air.

‘wait... where did you get those?’

“Annoying voice, I based these disks on the Wizards anti-gravity disks.”

‘First seen in Fantastic Four Vol 1 number 42.’

“What are you going on about?” Doom was only partly paying attention as his armor sensors noticed extremely large trees in the distance. Like everything else, they seem dry, but he activates his suit’s telescopic vision and sees buildings constructed on the branches and among the roots.

‘The comic Fantastic Four. In that issue, the Frightful Four tricked the Thing into attacking Reed. The Wizard used his ID machine to brainwash Johnny Storm.’

“I know the event, but why do you call it a comic. Those things happened.”

‘Doom, they were in a comic. Here I remember it I had signed up for Marvel Unlimited and read it online. Here I show you.’

The memories of a young man's brown hair and brown eyes like himself sat in a lounge chair reading a comic on a tablet. The images were hand-made dating from the 1965s. These memories fought against his recordings of the fight. Doom made it a point to track and monitor not just Reed Richards but any self-proclaimed foe of the Fantastic Four.

“Interesting it seems your reality views my own as a comic.” He starts flying forward for the city tree in the distance. His armor could fly, but it wasn’t meant to fly long distances. Unlike the Iron man armor, his was built for battle against foes like the Thing and Human Torch. Utility options like faster propulsion were set aside for pure combat.

‘Hey, stop! There something I spotted.’

He didn’t know why he stopped perhaps it was a tone in that inner voice statement. Curiosity, and fear? “Speak voice what is it you see.”

‘You need to use my name. It... it... um.’

“Later! Answer me what did you see that made you stop me.”

‘alright... see that hill over there, the one with the crack all the way through?’

“Yes, I see it.”

Another flash of memory crossed the mind of Doom. He looked again at the city in the tree. Then at the hill, it stood on, a large crack split the stone straight down to the base. The image was a cartoon with just a few frames, the real thing was a near copy. He could see more than the image didn’t have, a winding road to the top, a rope bridge spanning the fissure. Other than those minor real-life additions the cartoon image was true of the same place. Griffonstone, a city of griffons in the My Little Pony Friendship is a Magic cartoon.

“I’m in a little girls cartoon?”

‘You said it yourself. Your reality is a comic book in my universe, so who says the same couldn’t have happened again. Except for a comic book a writer and producer named Lauren Faust made a girls cartoon.’

Doom lowered down to the ground “Very well voice tell me what you know of this Griffonstone.”

‘We need to call me something else besides the voice.’

“Enough foolishness, tell me of this place.”

‘Fine, Griffonstone the home of the Griffons of this world. They were, hmm... are greedy creatures. The story I know is they were united by King Grover who ushered in an era of prosperity for the griffons with an Idol of Boreas. That ended during the rule of King Guto when a one-eyed monster named Arimaspi stole it and disappeared. In the episode Lost Treasure of Griffonstone, it turns out Arimaspi fell into the Abysmal Abyss. It was on a ledge till it fell into further into the abyss.’

“Don’t you mean Gryphon?“

‘Hasbro and My little Pony spell it G,r,i,f,f,o,n my guess for ownership legal reasons.’

‘Anyway, as I was saying the Griffons now struggle mostly where greed is the driving force of their way of life. They are often more focused on themselves and being harsh and brash to others.’

“A people so focused on themselves they ignore everything else till it’s falling apart.”

‘Pretty much.’

Now having a destination Dr. Doom starts walking forward again his mind running hundreds of calculations a second. Perhaps he could use this Idol of Boreas in some way. This Abysmal Abyss would be child's play compared to the feats Doom has done in his life.

They headed along... Victor curses in silence that he started thinking of that voice as a travel companion. “I have chosen a name for your voice. From this day forth I would call you Zephyr.”

‘No, That name in this universe is an insult.’

“Then it is fitting because you are an annoyance.”

He stumbles as an episode of My little pony enters his mind showing Zephyr Breeze.

“Very well I see your point. I will not have that being associated with me even if it just a voice in my head. To keep things simple Hans it shall be.”

‘Hans I can accept that.’

The lone figure didn’t reply as he came to a field of flowers. In the distance, he spots a figure picking from flowering plants. A moment of thought and his telescoping vision activates zooming onto the figure. “From what you showed me the Griffons are quadrupeds, but I see a bipedal variation with clothing.”

The Griffon was dressed in cheap-looking garments a poncho-style top of a tan color and darker brown pants. Standing on feline-like paws she carried a basket full of seed pods from the flowering plants. ‘now that is interesting... a bipedal griffon. On the one hand, this is a bad thing, what knowledge I have wouldn‘t be as useful. On the other, some of the more extreme situations that could happen might not even be possible.’

Doom started walking to the griffon when suddenly the ground starts shaking. “TATZLWURM!” the female griffon yells as the ground near her bursts apart and a pink and redhead of the worm rises snapping at her. She leaped into the air her wings flapping hard but wasn’t fast enough and the wurm snatched her left wing tip with a shake she fell to the ground.

‘We need to save her!’ Hans yelled mentally in Doom’s mind “Why?”

‘I recognized the voice she’s important! Also, this proves this world isn’t following the timeline. That Gilda she appears in three episodes none involved her getting killed by a Tatzlwurm.’

“This could be outside the timeline account. However, I shall do as you ask we need information she could provide.”

During the short talk, the Tatzlwurm went to bite Gilda a second time only to get a talon claw swipe at its eye. The hard scales of the worm's head were hard enough to handle digging through dirt, but its eyes were normally closed during the subterranean travel. Instincts to protect the sensitive eyes caused it to miss bitting off Gilda’s head by mere inches.

Doom took this opportunity to lift his right gauntlet with quick movements of his fingers he fires a mystical blast right at the center of the beast's eyes. The energy hits and the wurm, but it shakes off the effects and turns to look at its attacker. Seeing a more dangerous target the Tatzlwurm comes out of the ground fully like a snake it slithers along the flowers crushing them underneath as it raced to Doom.

“I see it’s tough on the outside.” He races at the coming worm as it raises its head to snap at him. Doom surprises the creature grabbing the upper jaw with one hand and slamming a foot down on the lower jaw. “Try eating this you pathetic worm!” This time he uses the armors Concussive blaster and fires pure force of energy into the back of the worm's head. The skull explodes as flesh took the devastating force from a direction it never evolved to handle.

Dismissively Doom pushes the now dead Wurm’s head out of his way and walks at a near lazy pace to Gilda. “Are you severely wounded?”

Gilda was looking away hiding her weakness in a display of bravo. “I didn’t need help from a pony.”

“Pony? Open your eyes and look at me girl. Do I look like a Pony?”

“I’m not a ...” her voice stopped as she got the first full look at her rescuer.

“No, I am no Pony. You may call me by my name, I am Doctor Victor von Doom.”
-------------------------
Gilda’s POV

Gilda got up that morning and squash the dread she felt. Her one chance of getting help was ruined by that pink pony Pinkie Pie. She saved up for the ticket to visit Ponyville for a whole year nearly starving herself for the airship ride.

Then every time she got Rainbow Dash alone, every time she tried to ask her friend for help that pink pony showed up. Then Rainbow Dash herself humiliated her. In the end, her hope for help was dashed to pieces.

She got dressed in a pullover poncho and trousers no point in putting on something nice, not when she got to return to the mindless labor of picking the dreamweed seed pods. Officially they were being used to make medicine but everyone knew they were being harvested for illegal drugs. She didn’t care, even less now. If ponies want to kill themselves getting high so be it she done with those annoying ponies. Or at least the ones she could avoid. “Move it, dweeb!”

She shoves one of the street urchins in Griffonstone aside. The younger griffon was just a poor grunt like herself pecking at the bones of the once majestic griffon empire. Being an orphan in Griffonstone was hard, she was lucky that her mother was once a speed flyer in the Friendship Games.

Gilda sighed thinking back to the flight camp she got to go to. The good times before things got rough. Her mother's income from being a sports star finally ran out, then her father started drinking what coin they could get. By the time Gilda was a teenager they were poor, by the time Gilda could move out on her own her father left and her mother died from feather flu.

She was alone and helplessly fell into debt. Now she had to pluck seed pods for drug dealers, her once chance... ‘Rainbow Dash why couldn’t you help me.

“DOOM! DOOM is coming! Beware his might! He who will turn the sun and moon into his minions! He who will make Harmony bow before him! He who will crush the storm bringer! DOOM IS COMING!” An old griffon with a black body and raven bird-like features was on a street corner. Her right eye was white with blindness her left seem to be lost in a drug haze or madness.

Gilda shakes her head passing the crazy old crone. Then she was grabbed by the old hen’s black talon. “Let go of me you old hag!”

“You... you be a most careful young fool. Soon you will know the one with two minds. Beware of angering Doom!”

Shaking off the crazy hen she hurries on her way taking to get farther away from the crazy bird.

Landing at the shed that was base for the Dreamweed farms. The voice of the Pony in charge called out. “Your late Gilda.” The pony was copper brown with a light yellowish-brown mane and tail.

“Some crazy crone got in my way.”

“No excuses. I gave you a week off and now you late returning.” He throws her the basket. “Get to picking.”

“Sure Penny Pincher. you are the boss.” Gilda swallowed her pride, last time she spoke up to the pony the brutish Earthpony Balderdash held her down as Penny Pincher whipped her.

Rainbow why couldn’t you have listened to me...

The day was mostly boring she was on her third trip things change as the ground start shaking “TATZLWURM!” She screamed and tried to leap into safely of the air. The Wurm, however, snapped her wing breaking the bones in the farther end and she fell to the ground. Then when it came at her she lashed out at the eye.

That when a blast of magic distracted the wurm. Gilda scoots back as the wurm went after the figure in armor. Gilda barely noticed the figure as it charged into the mouth of the beast. “Fool” She stood up and tries to ignore the pain in her wing as she tries to get to safety.

That was when she noticed the shadow of the armored figure. “Are you severely wounded?”

Gilda was looking away hiding her weakness in a display of bravo. “I didn’t need help from a pony.”

“Pony? Open your eyes and look at me girl. Do I look like a Pony?” She turned to get ready to curse the armored pony. It has to be a pony no other being could blast magic like that.

“I’m not a ...” her voice stopped as she got the first full look at her rescuer. The figure was taller then she expected, even taller than any Griffon she ever knew. The armor was unlike any she ever has seen before but what caught her attention was the eyes. Small, piercing, cold, and calculating with scarred skin around them. Eyes designed for fine detail and focus, eyes of a pure predator.

“No, I am no Pony. You may call me by my name, I am Victor von Doom.”

The only thing that went through her mind hearing that name was the old crow’s voice "Beware of angering Doom!”

Author's Note:

Chapter One... 2,895 words a new record for me!

I thought of a twist in the idea of displaced. Doctor Doom has his own mind, but how much of that mind is really his? Hans roleplayed Doctor Doom when out at the cons really getting into the character. So now not just the body and gear of Doctor Doom has arrived, but also some of his mind as well.

I just hope I can pull this off, Victor Von Doom is such a beloved villain I want to do him justice. Luckily he has been written both campy and brilliant throughout the years. I just have to remember his two weaknesses. His Pride, and his Temper, hopefully, Hans can prevent him from dooming himself.

Hans has the Metaknowledge of the My Little Pony universe and yes he is a Brony. Both his and Victor's memories are scrambled and full of gaps. I'm not sure how much I'm going to play around with the idea. Victor Von Doom's memories are due to him being a comic book character and created via the stories Hans has read and imagined. Hans gaps in his memories are parts that got removed or morphed to become Victor's.

Just like always, I have learning disabilities that make spelling and grammar hard. I know I have made mistakes and sorry if this prevents you from enjoying my writing.