• Published 9th May 2020
  • 6,200 Views, 686 Comments

DOOM of Griffonstone! - ShadowStar_IMHP



[Displaced] Victor Von Doom was a Character in Marvel comics. So why am I in his head? Why are we in Griffonstone? I also must ask... who am I?

  • ...
29
 686
 6,200

Chapter Ten: The treasure hunt begins!

Doom’s POV

Standing up he takes a deep breath. “This changes my plans. We need to hurry back to the castle and my lab.”

The Flight Mother nods “Indeed, I wish we had more but premonitions are… questionable at best.”

“I understand Flight Mother, my own people. The Gypsies have members among us with the gift. Too many use what little they have to swindle others creating lies and fear.” Doom didn’t look to Hans or Gilda as he turned and headed out of the hut-like building.

Hans and Gilda hurried after their sovereign. “Sire? You already had plans for Discord?”

“Indeed Hans, much like Mephisto or the Nightmare I know. Discord seems to be a demon of similar abilities. More consciousness of the realm of chaos, then a being that was born. Though he does show to have extreme levels of reality-warping power, he doesn’t appear to be this universe Lord of Chaos avatar. My only conclusion is we are so far from the known multiverse I know of that the very cosmic balance is vastly different. For in my old universe there was Lord Chaos and his brother Master Order. Ultimately Good and Bad may be alien concepts to him.”

“We can also take comfort in that the Discord of the universes I know of is rarely destructive. There is somewhere he was a true monster-killing mortal with ease. I remember one story where he turned Chancellor Puddinghead’s head into real chocolate pudding. Killing her instantly of course.” Hans spoke up drawing on the knowledge of the many fanfictions he read. “Wish I could remember what story that was…”

“Fanfictions? Multiverse? You two are really from another reality.” Gilda shakes her head sure she figured the truth awhile back. Hearing it confirmed so nonchalantly as if talking about other realities was as normal as talking about flavors of tea. “Is Discord that destructive? We don’t have any stories about him that I know of. He was something that happened to the Ponies.”

Hans shrugs “Mostly he is seen as more mischief then true evil, killing no fun, after all, broken toys are not as enjoyable. At worst he made things so unpleasant people or beings would kill themselves rather than endure it. At best he treats mortal life forms like we might treat insects, watched, studied, tormented, experimented on, or squashed.”

“As I was saying. I do have a few plans, unfortunately, they all require prep time that I did not have. We know from other universes that Discord could be drained of magic, have his magic nullified, or even banished to a state of being a spirit. I was planning on using part of the Changeling throne to nullify his magic, then my technological superiority would have the upper hand. This plan I have to scrap, I haven’t identified a Changeling disguised as a griffon yet.”

“Something that might not even be, given how Changelings feed off of love. Ponies are their primary source, coming all the way to Griffonstone might be too far from the hive to be a bother for slim pickings.”

“Hey, my mother and father loved each other. So much so my father basically gave up living after she died. Once a Griffon finds a mate they never find a second if the first dies. We mate for life, if that not love what is?”

“No offense meant Gilda, just that overall your kind aren’t that loving to each other. Ponies display strong feelings for each other even when they aren’t mates.”

Gilda looks up at the castle as they walk up the trunk road. “How about that gauntlet thing?”

“Using the Gauntlet to move the sun and moon into proper orbital mechanics, I learned the infinity stones aren’t as powerful as I remember. This by far doesn’t mean they aren’t powerful, they just take more focus and knowledge then I recall. Without knowing Discord’s true nature and abilities there are variables I can not account for. I desire to use them as a last resort, but if Discord leaves me no options I will use them as I see fit… Hans, Gilda, Something’s wrong, look!” Doom starts running for the castle.

The following two saw what Doom meant seeing three guards and Stoneslasher running into the castle. It was better to say they should have been running into the castle. All four figures were frozen Stoneslasher’s hooves were off the ground in mid-run.

“What happened to them?” Gilda asks, coming to a stop and waving her hand in front of one of the guards.

“Their time has been slowed down. My armor’s sensors still measure movement but it’s just a small fraction of time.” Doom spoke as he thrust open the doors to the grand chamber. There hovering lazily in the air much like an Asian style dragon was Discord. His eyes were on the Idol of Boreas.

Doom wasn’t going to take a chance. He lifted his left arm, it moved just two inches before there was a snap sound.

“I wouldn’t do that if I were you. That is if you want your friends back.” Discord smiles and lands on his mix-matching legs.

Doom turns seeing both Gilda and Hans missing, turning back discord was holding two comic books. One in each hand his bird talon hand held a comic titled ‘The Griffoness’ The other was just a black blank cover with the title ‘The Creeper’. Doom notes the confused look on Discord’s face before he tosses both comics up and vanishes.

“Release them Discord!”

“Oh? They are just insurance. Can’t have you snapping me into dust, or worst, turn me into stone. I assure you they are safe, as safe as a mint conditioned comic in a nerd’s vault.”

He thought of a thousand things to do to Discord. Each one is more aggressive and cruel than the first. “If you harm…”

“I will give you my word. I will make sure they are safe and protected.” Discord pulls out a magnifying glass and walks around Doom as if he was studying a bug. “Very interesting…”

“What do you want Discord? Why are you here?”

Discord blinks “You know I don’t think anyone asked me that. What do I want... Revenge mostly.”

“I nor the Griffons have done anything to you.”

“Oh… you meant what do I want with you?” Discord taps his chin “As for why I’m here that’s curiosity. I want to know what kind of being got Celly’s panties in a bind. You really need to be clear with your questions, but I forgive you given how much of a mess someone has done to you.”

Doom’s eyes widen “What do you mean? You know what has been done to me?”

Discord snaps his tail and a table appears before Doom. Discord was dressed in a leather black jacket and moving five shells around. With a smile Discord speaks “Step right up mister, take a chance. Follow the ball and win a prize… or two.”

Two balls appear one with the name Hans and the other with Gilda written on them. He slips the balls under the shells and spins them faster and faster till his hands and the shells are blurs.

“I refuse to play your games Discord.”

“You already are. Want your friends, you need to find them, I even add a bonus prize. A bit of my history, and a bit of yours, but find the black ball… well, that one could be game over.” Three more balls appear and vanish within the shells.

The shells stop all five sat there on the table. “The odds are in your favor.”

“Games with you Discord, the house always wins.” He picked up a shell and it was empty.

“Oh… you thought I meant these shells?” Discord rises up and motions to the panel displaying the dens of the Griffons. “Your friends and the other things are in those shells. Find the lost Dens, and you might find your friends. Find the wrong one… and face dread.” Then a flash and Discord was gone.

The sound of hooves charging into the grand hall “HONOR!... What..” Stoneslasher stagers looking around for the serpentine entity that dared get past him. “Doom! Where… what happened my majesty? One moment there was this serpentine being flying past us, the next.” Stoneslasher’s eyes narrow. Then he draws his battle-ax. “Tell me how did you win our spar?”

Doom was looking to the panel trying to ignore the strange feelings he was having then turned to look at Stoneslasher. “It was a duel, not a spar, nor did you lose, it was interrupted by Blueblood.”

Stoneslasher put his ax away “I had to be sure it was you and not some trick.” He knelt down and bowed his head. “Twice now my honor has been stained.”

Doom taps his shoulder. “Stoneslasher, there is no dishonor in having a force of nature overrun you. Discord is a being of power itself, a mere mortal unused to dealing with such beings has about as much chance challenging him, as a bug has a chance against the heel of my boot.”

“You are too kind, my ego is still bruised.” Stoneslasher looks around. “Where is Hans and Lady Gilda?”

“Lady Gilda?”

“Aye, she's your apprentice and clearly has an interest in you.”

Only the will to not show weakness prevented him from showing a reaction. That and his mask. “Discord took them as a means to prevent me from destroying him.” Doom looks to the panel. “They are in the old Dens of the Griffons.” Doom’s mind went into high gear “Stoneslasher send for the Ravenblood’s flight mother and Grampa Gruff, have them meet me in the castle’s library. Seems I’m on a treasure hunt.”
---------------------------
Gilda’s POV

Gilda staggered, she was in the grand hall one moment and the next was standing on a building. She judges it was about seven stories tall and was one of many such buildings around her. Within moments she gasps seeing the vast metropolis of the huge city. In the distance were skyscrapers rising hundreds of stories up.

Looking down she noticed she wasn’t in her typical outfit. She was in some kind of form-fitting garment of black with gold highlights. For some reason, it had padding on her chest mimicking the chests of female ponies, or minotaurs. She poked her now breasts seeing they were indeed just fake additions to the garments. “What the ****” She blinked as the cuss word she spoke came out as a beep sound.

“Sorry for the censorship there Gilda. See I promised Doom I will keep you protected.”

Gilda turned to see discord sitting in a chair with a funny hat on and a blow horn labeled Director on it. “So this little adventure is rated PG-13.”

“AGHHHHHH!” Gilda leaped and smacked her face on an invisible wall.

“Oh… ouch, do be careful of that fourth wall dear. It’s harder to break than you think.”

Rubbing her beak she displayed the living embodiment of ‘If looks could kill’.

“Now, I could have had you be in suspended animation but where the fun in that. I chose to give you a taste of what Doom remembers. Welcome to the Marvel universe… or a fake mockup of it for my entertainment. In this story you are what is known as a mutant, use your wit and skills to avoid the anti-mutant haters, the sentinels, and perhaps find the X-Men and safety. Stop some minor criminals, or not, your choice. Now for the official intro… Cue the Stan Lee Cameo!” Discord snaps his fingers.

A human-like Doom appeared. Unlike Doom, Gilda noted this man had no massive scars and his face was normal. She takes notice of what a human nose should look like, this only highlighted how scarred Doom really was. This man had on a pair of tinted glasses a mustache under the nose that was white, his hair was thinning with age and white hair was on the side of his head with darker gray on top. He had the wrinkles of age.

“Well, they say that in comics no one really dies. Seems that true even for me.”

“Mr. Lee, if you please. We got readers that want an adventure!”

“You are right. Now let’s see… Ah yes. Greetings True Believers, this is Stan Lee. We’re about to embark on the fantastic adventure of Gilda the Griffoness! She's going to have to...”

Discord snaps Stan Lee back to the realm of the dead. “I already gave the synopsis! ACTION!” With that Discord vanished leaving Gilda on the rooftop.

“Really what the ****” She growls at the censorship. Suddenly the rooftop she was standing on shattered as a giant purple hand rose up out of it.

“MUTANT DETECTED! ASSIGNMENT CAPTURE AND INTERROGATE.” With the hand came the head hard and cold. It was the largest Golem she has ever seen.

Taking off she starts flying as blasts similar to Dooms fill the air after her. “I'M GOING TO GUT YOU DISCORD!”

She flew among the buildings, figuring they would help hide her. “Okay… so where are these X-men?”
-----------------
Hans’ POV

‘Looks like a mind without a true body’ Dodge thought, as she used her Omniscope,

“Mihi vero sine corpore veniunt.” Dodge said in runic Script, to bring this shadowy displaced to her.

Hans appeared looking around in a dark black suit white gloves, red tie, and that faceless white head. “What did you do Discord!” The truth of how Hans saw the world was strange even to him. What his vision and sense saw was a large room and nothing beyond it.

“Well, I wish this wasn’t such a common sight for me, yeah being the Lady of Tartarus.” A voice came from behind him.

Appearing looking away from the ‘Lady of Tartarus’ his head turns around 90 degrees to look at the voice. “You aren’t Discord. Well, I hope for your sake this wouldn’t be messy.” He then reaches up and rubs his temple. It should be impossible given his head was on backward and his arm seemed to bend in the wrong way.

“Well this is certainly an interesting meeting Names Star-swirl, but you can call me Dodge.”

“Star-Swirl… hmm, interesting. I go by the name of Hans. Some would call me Slender man, Boogieman, or even perhaps a Japanese Noppera-bo.” He turns all the way around, as in his head stayed stable and his body twisted to face the woman. “Now please explain why I am here. It might be best for you to return me, my master would be most displeased at my being taken.”

“Dang it, I thought you were the displaced I was sensing, either that or you’re a void echo, and if you are a member of the void then I have to kill you, which is something I really didn’t want to do today,” Dodge said rubbing your head as she thought of a way to figure out which one he was.

“tell you what Hans, you answer my questions for me and I will tell you why I brought you here. Otherwise, your death will be instant and my day will be ruined.” Dodge said as she touched a rune and a pot of something appeared on the table in front of her.

“I doubt you could kill me. This body was forged via the Infinity Gauntlet wielded by Doctor Doom. What did you mean by Displaced or Void Echos”? Thoughts about his fractured memories crossed his mind. At the same time, tendrils of blackness slide out of his back forming blades of various types.

Oh, darling, it’s cute you think you can hurt me. Dodge said stifling a laugh
“Now to answer your first question I am displaced and what I am and presumably what you are going or What I hope you are,” Dodge answered as she poured a cup of the green-ish black liquid in the pot.

“That still doesn’t answer the question of what is a Displaced. As for harming you, no that wouldn’t be my goal. Distracting you till He shows up, that is possible. Miss Swirl.”

“Please, call me Dodge Miss makes me feel old,” Dodge said after taking a sip from her cup. “Now to answer your question I must ask a question: is that your original Body?” Dodge said.

“Ah, I understand now. So sure of your superiority, did you not hear me? This body was forged by the Infinity Gauntlet. Or using simple words, no it, not my original body.” Hans folds his hands together as his head moves in a way as if he was smiling.

“Any chance were you human at one point?” Dodge asked.

“Humans are such pathetic creatures, trapped in their life of enduring day to day survival. I am glad I am free of that pathetic existence. To answer your question, I suspect yes I once was. There are boring mundane memories of mindless labor or hate-filled days of dread.”

“Don’t discredit humans all right, well sure that your master is one?” Dodge said.

“That really depends on what you would consider human. He broke out of that way of life, or he believes he did. Doctor Doom is not one you call normal.”

“Oh you were an unlucky one indeed; your own body stole, your own consciousness ousted out, And never ever discredit the ability of a human, humans are the most adept beings I’ve ever seen when it comes to the use of magic as you have well seen probably by Victor Von Doom your master,” Dodge said.

“A person or individual can rise above the common drudge. This I do agree with, but many are happy with just enough to get by. Either its culture or ingrained humans have kept their heads down ignoring the abuse. They turned up the T.V. volume when they hear screams of a man beating his wife or child. Yes, a human can be more than a grunt. They can also be lower than slime, or worse indifferent.”

“As for Doom, he’s something more, he’s a masterpiece. Perhaps created from those memories that are now gone from my mind. Oh, I know what I am, I’m the trash left behind, but he’s more than I could ever be. Just like every real father hopes for. If that cost me memories, so be it.”

“This is where you have it all wrong you were not trash, you were not the infection, you are the one who should be in the body, Doom currently possesses. You should be the master not him. He is egotistical and overly confident to the point that he is careless. He's indeed been a great man but it is overshadowed by his ambition, but this is off-topic.

“Pot calling the kettle black, miss Star-Swirl. We will not agree with our views. I remember suffering from human arrogance, indifference, or ignorance. Nor do I care if I am in that body. I’m having my enjoyment with this one just fine. Besides the face under the mask isn’t mine even if I was in that body is not the one I had.” His tendrils wiggle as he fights his desire to lash out. “So what else do you want to ask? I’m sure he will be tracking your spell soon.”

“Oh but that’s the beauty of this you have runes were hidden all over your body I am a master rune Smith. I simply use the ruins that your master would use to summon you, the truth I’m not keeping your here, your master just hasn’t summoned you back yet,” Dodge said.

“The time is ticking if you have more questions, ask them.”

“Just a bit more. Will you tell your master he has an ally with me as long as he fights to help the griffins, that and would you like to be free and have your own body or be an immortal shadow?”

"I already answered the body question. This is more who I am then what I was born with. We do not need help, nor would Doom ask for it. His plans for the Griffons rebuilding are going along fine, even if we were confronting Discord in the Grand Hall. I do believe I’m a hostage, so Doom wouldn’t just snap Discord into stone.”

“Wait, Doom hurt Discord?”

“No, but he was about to. We raced our way to the castle after hearing that Discord was free. Saw the Minotaur guard Stoneslasher running inside, in slow motion. Inside was discord looking at the Idol of Boreas. Then he smiles and looks at us. I remember Doom raising his left arm, but Discord was faster on the snap I guess and I’m here.”

“Well, back to your master with you.”

Just then a hole in reality opened and a lion claw reached out and grabbed Hans' shirt collar and yanks him through. Discord’s head looks into the pocket dimension “Sorry, I can’t have a treasure hunt without one of the prizes.” Then the hole closes.

Once again reality shifted and warped so Hans found himself standing in an alleyway. Nighttime and judging by the trash and rubbish a poor part of the city he was in. He also could tell he was in a modern human city. The newspaper that smacked his face proved it. He lowered the newspaper taking note of the name. The Daily Bugle with a splash page of Spiderman fighting Doctor Octopus in some lab. The article was titled ‘Mask vigilante destroys cancer research lab!’.

Setting down the paper he tilts his head. “If I’m in the Marvel universe… Where should I go? Ah, Discord two can play this game. Doctor Strange, here I come.”Tendrils of shoots up and grip the walls.“I always wanted to do this… SLENDERMAN, SLENDERMAN…” He just had to sing a twisted version of the spiderman theme as he mimics web-slinging through the skyscrapers.

----------------------------
Doom’s POV

The Library was more of a museum for the wealthy to show off their wealth. Luckily there were enough books for him to get an idea of this world history. He slams down the book he was reading. “Just like the Flight Mother said. Records are lacking in any leads to the Dens.”

“I did tell you that.” The old griffon walked in. She had mischief look in her eye much like a grandmother. “That bull of a guard Stoneslasher told me what happened.”

“I need to find the lost Dens. Any clues you have will be most helpful.”

“Sadly that was something we even lost.” She settled down in a chair.

“Any lore or stories you have might help me find a clue.”

“If that's the case I might have what you need.” Grandpa Gruff walks in. “But it will cost ya.”

“How much do you want Gruff.”

“None… I deal with two things, coin, and knowledge. I want to go with you to the dens.”

“It will be dangerous. Discord hinted that there was at least one with unknown danger.”

“I’m old what do I care if I die fast, or slow. I will be able to see the ancestor’s home. If it cost me my life so be it.”

“I wish to see the old dens as well. Unlike this old fart, I can bring some potions that will help in any combat we come across.”

“You need to smell yourself, under all those mothballs you smell worse than a guard’s undergarments.”

“SILENCE!” He slams his fist on the table and stands. “Discord has Gilda and Hans. I don’t have time for your squawking. Gruff, what is this information that can lead me to the Dens?”

“Well, like I said I deal in knowledge, the old dens were being studied by an Owlblood named Grayworth.”

“So, this information isn’t even your own.”

Gruff smiles “My information was of Grayworth.”

“Be careful Grampa Gruff. Sometimes when you make a deal, you might end up with the bad bargain.”

“Like I said Doom. I’m too old to care.”

Author's Note:

The treasure hunt begins!

I have a bit of crossover with the writer Moonghost. His character is Dodge. Hans learns a little about the Displaced, but it seems his views and hers were at odds.