• Published 21st May 2020
  • 2,177 Views, 93 Comments

Memento Mori: The Last Days on Equestria - Bronie312



A human in Equestria, who befriended a couple of mythological creatures, discovers the fact that he's going to die.

  • ...
8
 93
 2,177

Chapter 5: Mending the Past.

Author's Note:

I don't know when I'll upload the last chapter, but I promise it will be between May and July. Have a great day/night.

I would never get tired of contemplating the beautiful landscapes that a continent as diverse as Equestria is. Wherever you could be, you would never get bored of witnessing the course of the day, from the highest and coldest mountain to the hottest beach, you will always enjoy the experience of being in this world... And I thank life for putting me there.

Contemplating a landscape as emblematic as sunset it makes me understand that my time in this world was already coming to an end; since I had been diagnosed with Tuberculosis, over a week before, I reflected on my life and everything that happened in it. My past life on Earth was at least decent; but everything changed when I was mysteriously transported to Equestria, at that moment, my life went from less to more until I reached a point where I felt as if I were the luckiest person on the planet.

However, slowly, my life changed significantly, making me understand that not everything in life is great and that sometimes bad things happen and you have to accept and overcome them. Unfortunately, in life, there are some times in which bad things can be accepted, but they're impossible to overcome since they can end with someone in many ways.

"How ironic." I laughed weakly as I sat on a bench, admiring the early evening.

At the same time I remained silent, thinking about that, the cough returned with strength; immediately, I came back to reality and covered my mouth, avoiding contaminating my surroundings with my cough. My situation worsens as the two-week time limit, outlined by Dr. Blueheart, approached, and my death was seen more and more like a fact, rather than probability. I already knew I was going to die, but I still had the slightest hope that everything would return to normality; however, the cough I had been suffering was the fiercest I've ever had in my life.

After coughing up a large amount of blood and cleaning my hand, I decided to sit on the bench a little longer before going back inside the hospital; however, I began to hear several footsteps approaching me, so I turned to look back and observed Derpy and the Doctor along with the rest of the band. Although some of them were somewhat annoyed and uncomfortable to see me, surely, they did not feel good to see me after what I did several years ago.

"Well, it was a little difficult getting them all together, but Derpy and I managed to get the band together... And- ...well, sorry for the delay." He commented, I smiled and said...

"No problem, Doctor... And, thank you, for doing me this favor." I thanked him for the effort he had made in bringing them here, something that surely had been complicated by the negativity that others had put.

"I only agreed to come here because I want to make something clear, Frank..." Octavia started saying, who already had an expression of remorse towards me; I, understanding what was going on, decided to say nothing and allow her to continue talking.

"...I don't know if you have noticed this, Frank. But, we are no longer together and we still have some resentment for what you did... You dissolved the band for no apparent purpose, just when we were at the top of success; then, you come and decide to put an end to our group, which had already become a legend!... I only want to know one thing, why did you do it, Frank?” Octavia concluded, who already seemed very upset, but also sad about what had happened a few years ago...

"I think... *Sigh* ...I was scared." I answered.

"What... did you just say, Frank?" Starlight asked. I looked up to her and said.

"I was... scared. I feared for what would happen to the band, I thought that... if I ended up with the band early, we weren't be forgotten by the people."

Everypony looked at me very confused, they didn't understand what I meant by that...

"I was afraid that people would forget about us... I gave priority to the fame of each one, instead of our friends and that condemned us to live with remorse... *Sigh* ...If I'm telling you this is because... I just want to say. I'm sorry, sorry if I ruined your dreams and aspirations, your lives, and the great friendships we had, just for a silly thought that fame would no longer be on our side... In the end, the one that worsened everything, instead of improving, it was me." I explained as I dropped a tear of regret and started to cough loudly.

Some stared at me, while others simply said nothing and looked away; I could feel the looks that haunted me and I didn't blame them for looking at me like that since I was the one who had caused all this. However, Octavia spoke...

"I forgive you."

I looked up to see Octavia, who had a mixed expression of disappointment and understanding.

"I-... *Sigh* ...I decide to forgive you for what you did, even though it affected all of us, you realized that it was a mistake and that's... admirable." She said.


Since Octavia had said that, each one of the band began to give their opinion about it; fortunately, everyone agreed that they forgave me for what I had done to their lives and that they were no longer angry with me, especially Octavia and Spike, who were the most that understood my situation. I thanked them for understanding everything and suggested that we could give each other a hug of reconciliation; everypony agreed to be part of the hug and I could finally feel good about myself. Just as I had helped others feel better, my friends had done it for me.

Shortly after breaking the hug, I spoke again...

"The fact that you forgive me for what happened a long time ago has made me feel relieved and free from great weight in my being, but... *Sigh* ...I still want to amend my mistake with the last act of kindness and generosity towards you." I commented, still smiling with happiness, although somewhat sore because of Tuberculosis.

"And... what is it?" Vinyl asked me. I smiled.

"I've been thinking about getting together again and perform at the coronation of Twilight." I answered.

"Just like the old times." Spike said.

I sighed. "Exactly."

While everypony expressed their amazement and/or joy at being able to go to Twilight's coronation and perform again, I smiled and laughed when seeing them all like this, I missed seeing them like this, it had reminded myself of the old times. However, the million-dollar question came Spike...

“But, you're very sick and in terrible condition. How are you going to be on stage without collapsing and passing out?” Spike asked me.

I smiled slightly. "It's simple. Discord."


To Be Concluded...