• Published 8th May 2020
  • 1,119 Views, 43 Comments

Chrysalis Gets Into Anime - Hopeful_Ink_Hoof

  • ...
3
 43
 1,119

Taste The Love

Queen Chrysalis (and she was, is, and always will be Queen, no matter what any other creature said) scowled as she slouched down from her position at the judge's table. How did she get roped into this? She did not know anything about cooking, or baking. Although judging others, and finding their shortcomings sounded right up her alley. She was very judgmental. And critical. She could easily find dozens of flaws in any creature she met (except herself of course; she was perfect).

Still. A cooking contest? Why could she not have been selected to judge something far more interesting? Like a duel to the death. Or some sort of blood sport, where two teams try to kill each other. That sounds like it would be entertaining. Maybe she would introduce some once she reclaimed her throne, and control of the changeling hive. A grin spread across her lips as she imagined forcing Pharynx and Thorax to battle to the death.

"And the brothers' Pie-o-mator DLX has finished," said the announcer. "Let's take it to the judges, and see what they think."

The brothers -- a pair of twins that looked like they should be in a barber shop quartet -- made their way toward the judge's table, where Chrysalis sat, with Celestia on her right, and some unicorn named Zesty Gourmand her left. Each of them was presented with a large slice of apple pie.

The three of them took a bite.

"Oh, that's nice," declared Celestia. "The crust of it has a nice mix of firm flakiness, and tenderness. Similarly, the apples still have a nice bit of firmness to them, while being cooked all the way through. There's also a nice hint of cinnamon to it all."

After finished her own mouthful, Chrysalis scowled.

"It taste pretty much like a standard apple pie to me. Like I could find in any diner across Equestria."

"Agreed," Zesty stated, giving a nod. "We are at a location where a wide variety of apples are available," her eyes narrowed at the brothers, "and you seem to have used only a singular type. The flavor is uniform, without even subtle differences in taste or texture. Fine for a bite or two, but it grows boring rather quickly, and is quite forgettable."

Chrysalis found herself liking the harsh looking woman on her left. Everything she said was mostly indifferent, as if she were merely stating facts. At the same time, there was a hint of disgust. It was as if, simultaneously, she did not care in the slightest about those in front of her, but was absolutely and personally insulted by what they had done.

Perhaps there was some changeling in the woman's past somewhere.

Chrysalis did not finish to bother the slice she had. Not only did she not really care about pie, but Zesty Gourmand had been right: after the third or fourth bite, it had gotten kind of repetitive. She could not tell the difference between a fresh bite, and the aftertaste still in her mouth.

Some minutes later, a new announcement came over the speakers.

"It looks like Sugar Belle has finished and is ready to present."

Chrysalis scowled at the curly haired woman. Supposedly, she was a friend of Starlight Glimmer, and somehow connected closely to one of Princess Twilight's friends. Chrysalis could already hear herself tearing down the pie with every flaw she could imagine.

Grabbing the fork, she cut off a piece and took a bite.

CENSORED!

Comments ( 2 )

Another great job on this chapter. Absolutely adored the characterizations (as well as the picks for the other judges). Oddly enough, this seems closest to Iron Chef (which is live action) than any anime I'm familiar with (though, as I admitted in an earlier review, that's not saying much). Chrysalis's reactions from the Flim-Flams' AND Sugar Belle's dishes were definitely well done.

Very much looking forward to seeing what is next.

Login or register to comment