• Published 8th May 2020
  • 1,119 Views, 43 Comments

Chrysalis Gets Into Anime - Hopeful_Ink_Hoof

  • ...
3
 43
 1,119

Have you bought them all?

Author's Note:

Small heads up: there seem to be something wrong with the alignment of the first two sentences. I am aware of it, but can't do anything about it. It lines up just fine in the writing format set-up, but whenever it's in the reader format, it leaves the gap.

Queen Chrysalis let out a groan as she regained consciousness, bringing one hoof to rub at the side of her aching head.
Slowly she got up, joints cracking and popping as they moved back into their proper location. Every part of her hurt, like she had been crushed by a giant boulder. Opening her eyes, Chrysalis found herself standing at the end of a long path of upturned ground.

Last thing she remembered, she had been on her way to attack Equestria with Lord Tirek and Cozy Glow, when... something... some... creature? She remembered gray and... pain...

Bah, it hardly mattered. Once she had gotten back to base and recovered, she would come up with a new plan for Equestria. One that would work! And whatever stood in her way would be crushed beneath her hoof into gravel.

First, she had to figure out where in the world she was.

Looking around, Chrysalis found she was in an orchard of some kind. The trees were too equally spaced out to have grown naturally, and there was no underbrush. There were some bushes, but they were growing separately from the trees in little clumps of their own. Otherwise, there was nothing but grass. on almost perfectly flat ground.

"What Colectemon is that?" a voice cried out, getting her attention.

Chrysalis had no idea what a human was, be it male, female, adult, or child. As such, she had no idea that she was looking at a pair of young women in their pre-teens. One with mint green hair and a matching vest held out an arm, pointing some sort of device attached to the wrist at Chrysalis

A square of white light appeared in the air above it, then showed a picture of the queen on it.

"Scanning," an electronic voice stated as a spinning rainbow circle appeared in the center of the screen. Several seconds later, a red X covered the picture as the voice declared, "No match found."

The mint one let out a gasp, eyes going wide.

"Bonnie!" she cried out. "Do you know what this means?"

The other girl, dressed in a cream colored top and having a pink bandana on her head, crossed her arms as she turned toward the first.

"We should probably leave alone, Lyra," said Bon Bon.

"No way!" Lyra replied, nearly bouncing in place. "This is our chance to catch a Colectemon that no one has ever seen before."

"Enough!" Queen Chrysalis declared, turning toward the two and stepping forward. "I do not know what you creatures think I may be, but I am no simple-minded creature. I am Chrysalis, rightful queen of the changelings, and I shall be spoken to with the proper respect I deserve!" She stomped her hoof at the end for emphasis.

The two girls stared at her for a moment before Bon Bon turned to Lyra.

"Did it just talk to us?"

"Yeah," said Lyra. Her grin grew wider, bordering on insane. "Which means it must be a super rare legendary or something. We definitely have to catch it now."

"Lyra," Bon Bon started, but Lyra was already acting. She pressed a button on her wrist device, and a ball appeared in her hand.

"Mascutie!" Lyra shouted as she pulled her arm back. "I select you!" She launched the ball into the air. As it reached the height of its toss, the ball popped open, unleashing a beam of light that struck the ground.

As the light faded, a small animal was now standing. It looked like had taken parts from a cat, a rabbit, and a monkey, and stuck them all together. The thing stood on its back legs at nearly a foot in height, with pointy ears that hung down behind it, nearly as long. It had a small muzzle, with beg green eyes that took up nearly its entire head. The entire body was covered in a thick, fluffy fur that was a pastel yellow in color, except for pink hearts on its cheeks.

"Mas-cutie!" the thing cried out. It lifted one hand-like paw up, making a sideways V up to one eye, while closing the other.

The thing was so adorable that it was making Chrysalis feel sick to her stomach.

"Mascutie, use Cuddly!" ordered Lyra.

The... furry... little... thing... did a hopping run at Chrysalis, then stopped and pressed against a foreleg, rubbing against it.

"Cutie," it purred out, looking up at her. Little pink hearts seemed to appear from nowhere, floating up in the air around the little creature. Even through the chitin, it felt so soft and cuddly that it was easy to imagine snuggling up with a soft plush one.

With a snarl, Chrysalis kicked the thing, sending it flying into the air. It let out a squeak as it flew through the air, but somehow managed to do a backflip and land on its feet, looking completely unharmed.

"Mascutie," Lyra shouted, "use Mass Production!"

"Mas!" Mascutie said, giving a nod of understanding. It darted forward toward Chrysalis again, but this time stopped before getting in striking range. "Mas-Mas-Mas-Mas-Mas," it chanted, and with each repetition of the word, another would appear, until Chrysalis was surrounded by ring of the things.

Chrysalis looked at the ring of creatures surrounding her, rolled her eyes, and let out a sigh of annoyance. She took a deep breath, made a wet, hacking noise, and spat out a wad of green goo. The cat-monkey-rabbit thing was too fast to hit directly, but as soon as it stepped into the goo, it was stuck.

With a wicked grin spreading across her face, Chrysalis's horn lit up before unleashing a blast of toxic green flame at the ball of flammable fuzz.

Except when the flame vanished, the creature was not just a pile of ashes. It was not even badly singed. The only sign it was hit at all was a small patch of black on its head. Like someone had takes some ash and rubbed it onto the spot of its coat.

"Uh... that looked like a pretty powerful attack," said Bon Bon. "Maybe we should leave it alone."

"I guess," Lyra huffed. "But we shouldn't leave empty-handed. Mascutie! Use Money Drain!"

The furry abomination gave a noise of acknowledgement. It shifted its stance and puffed out its coat, making the hair stand on end and looking like a giant puffball. A faint humming noise filled the air as electricity began to crackle along the fur. Somehow, despite having not having money, or even pockets, Chrysalis watched as golden coins shot out from her, over to the furry creature, and then went to the human girl.

Chrysalis was so confused about what just happened and trying to figure out how it was possible, that she barely heard Lyra shout, "SUBSTITUTION!"

The stuffed toy bouncing off her head got her attention. Chrysalis looked at it, then up in time to see the two girls running away. The toy did not burn very well, but it was fun to stomp on, as well as biting and shaking it until nothing remained but torn fabric and puffs of stuffing.

Satisfied with its destruction, Chrysalis left, trying to figure out where she was and how to get back home.