• Published 8th May 2020
  • 1,119 Views, 43 Comments

Chrysalis Gets Into Anime - Hopeful_Ink_Hoof

  • ...
3
 43
 1,119

Three! Two!...

The villainous trio of Tirek, Cozy Glow, and Chrysalis walked through The Everfree Forest. Well, more accurately, Tirek and and Chrysalis were walking, while Cozy Glow rode on Tirek's back, sprawled out and wings hanging limply.

"Are we there yet?" she asked for the third time.

Chrysalis let out a huff, turning away from the scroll in her magic that she had been reading to glare at the (alleged) pegasus filly.

"Oh, I'm sorry!" she hissed, baring her fangs. "Am I keeping you from something important? A tea party with some rocks? A plan to raid the cookie jar?" Her eyes narrowed as her snarl turned into a wicked grin. "Are you cwanky because you missed your nappy time?"

Tiny wings flapped as a blur of pale pink shot toward the changeling queen.

"I'm 'cwanky,'" Cozy snapped back, "because we've been out here for hours looking for this stupid mirror pool." She flew in closer, until their snouts were nearly touching. "We don't even know if it actually exists or not."

A hiss escaped the changeling before she snapped her jaws, trying to bite the little nuisance on the snout. The razor sharp fangs missed, but just barely.

"What kind of fool do you take me for?"

Cozy Glow opened her mouth to respond, but one of Tirek's hand quickly reached out and covered her mouth. He looked down at her, giving a small shake of his head.

"Although it may not be referred to by name," Queen Chrysalis stated, "that stupid journal does include a reference to the pool, and The Ponyville Post archives does include an article about how there had been an invasion of the pink one." The magic around her horn grew brighter as she held up the paper. "The pool is here, and this will tell us how to find it."

"And I believe," interrupted Tirek, "that we have indeed found it." With his free hand, he pointed. Chrysalis and Cozy both shifted, letting their eyes follow his finger until they were looking at a very large, grey rock.

"Doesn't look like it fits with the rest of the area," pointed out the centaur.

"indeed," agreed Chrysalis, rolling up the scroll.

Through a combination of Tirek's strength and Chrysalis's magic, they were able to remove what turned out to be a pretty large boulder. Once it was out the way, Cozy Glow took off, flying up before diving down into the opening.

"Uh, guys?" the filly called out. "You better get down here."

Standing in the recently unearthed cave was a pony none of the group recognized. She was a grey earth pony, wearing a dress that was a blue-ish grey. The mare gave them a bored, half-sleepy look.

"You shouldn't be down here," she stated in an emotionless monotone. "Please leave immediately."

The three villains looked at the mare, looked at each, then burst into laughter. Tirek moved first, approaching her as he cracked his knuckles.

"And what, precisely, are you going to do if we decide not to?"

The mare, known as Maud Pie, said nothing. Instead, she turned around, pulled up her back hooves, and kicked.


A sudden thunderous boom echoed throughout Ponyville, getting the attention of many of its residents. Hundreds of eyes turned toward The Everfree Forest. They watched as a strange streak of black, red, and green appeared in the sky, flying up and up before disappearing.


Maud turned back around, facing the sole member that had managed to remain. A small gulp of fear escaped Cozy Glow as those eyes locked onto her.

"Leave," Maud said, and this time, the filly would swear there was a threatening tone to it.

"Right!" Cozy blurted out. "Leaving!" The filly then took off, flying so fast, she would almost make the likes of Rainbow Dash proud.

Maud watched the filly disappear, then turned her attention to the new opening.

"I hope they didn't traumatize Tom too badly."