• Published 8th May 2020
  • 1,119 Views, 43 Comments

Chrysalis Gets Into Anime - Hopeful_Ink_Hoof

  • ...
3
 43
 1,119

Isekairony (Or a near paragraph long sentence about how I ended up in another world)

It was an unusually quiet day in Ponyville. School was out for the season, including the school of friendship, which meant most of the students were nowhere near campus. The Bearers of Harmony were all out of town for some sort of adventure, Starlight was off with Trixie, and even Spike was off with Gabby at some convention.

Leaving Friendship Castle and The School of Friendship completely empty.

Flying through the clear blue sky was a familiar gray pegasus dressed in an equally familiar brown uniform. Her flight pattern was erratic, moving up and down, left and right, and twisting and turning. Had it been any other pony, or in any other town, the mare would have gotten some stares and caused worry about her state of sobriety. However, as this was Ponyville, all she received was a cursory glance to make sure they were not at risk of being crashed into. Although a few did move at a quicker pace just to be sure.

For the most part, the pegasus made her way to The Friendship Castle, flying to one of the upper balconies. Just as she was reaching it, her front hooves hit the edge of banister, causing her to go flipping end over end as she hit the floor. The mare then rolled across the floor before hitting the door, knocking them open and coming to a stop.

"I'm okay," she shouted as she got up, wobbling slightly. "I just don't know what went wrong." She stumbled her way into the castle, shaking her head as she did.

After making her way inside the castle, and being certain that no creature could see her, a green flame engulfed the mare. The uniform burned away, as did the fur, revealing smooth black chitin. Feathers vanished in a flash, giving way to gossamer wings. In a literal blink, bright yellow eyes were replaced by toxic green ones with vertical-slitted pupils. Similar green colors replaced bright blond hairs from the mane and tail. Razor sharp fangs poked out from the upper lip, while a jagged black horn formed on the forehead.

Back in her normal form, Queen Chrysalis let out a laugh, which quickly got caught off by a groan. Reaching back, she rubbed at her aching rump. The tumble had been necessary for the character, and it was better to land on her back side than her head, but the impact against the floor had still hurt.

Still, it had to be done. As queen of the true changelings, she knew the importance of doing things the proper way.

...Even if it seemed as though she were the only one at times...

After stopping in the bathroom to get some over the counter pain reliever, and at the kitchen to get something to drink, Chrysalis began looking for the library which held the magic mirror.

Which as it turned out was not simply "the library." It seemed that Sparkle needed to have multiple libraries, each with its own theme. One was filled with books all on Equestria's history. Another was filled with books on magical theory. Right next to it was one filled with magic journals that Twilight had submitted to and been published in. One that was fairly empty was dedicated to the histories and stories of neighboring civilization.

Finally, she reached the library that was dedicated to human history and culture. And there it was. What Chrysalis had been looking for: the magical mirror to another world. Supposedly, it was easy enough to operate, all she had to do was place the magic journal on the pedestal above the mirror, and it would activate.

A grin spread across Queen Chrysalis's face as she watched the mirror surface shimmer and glisten. Light glowed and swirled across the surface. Reaching out, she gently placed her hoof against it. The tip sank in, passing through with ripples like on water.

With a deep breath, she stepped through.

The world became blinding light as she was pulled through the dimensional pathway. She could feel herself being pulled and twisted by the magic, reshaped. It was kind of strange. Yes, she was a shapeshifter, and changed form quite a lot in her life, but this was different. When she changed normally, there was fire, and that was kind of how it felt. Not painful, but definitely a warm, burning sensation. Like muscles that had been overworked. In this case, it felt like something between a massage, and playing with clay. Although cooler.

Also due to her being a shapeshifter, Queen Chrysalis was used to having to adapt to sudden changes in her build and form. As such, she was able to catch herself as the portal spat her out, managing to keep upright.

On two limbs.

So, she had been turned into some sort of bipedal creature. Her forelimbs were arms and ended in hands, similar to Lord Tirek, but nowhere near as bulky, and in a shade of smokey black instead of red. On each finger was a nail, painted dark green, and looking sharp enough to cut skin. She could not tell what her lower limbs ended in, they were covered in some sort of fabric. There was also a skirt of some kind, with the edge just bellow her crotch, and a blouse, the top of which was unbuttoned to expose large amounts of flesh on her chest.

She was going to have to figure out what they were, and what they were for. However, that would have to wait. Right now, there were more immediate matters she needed to figure out.

Readying herself, Chrysalis took a step forward. When she did not fall over, she took another. Then another. Soon, she was walking just fine.

Stopping to look behind, she made a note of where she had wound up, in case she needed to return.

Then she continued, leaving the portal and Equestria behind. There was a whole new world for her to learn about, to understand, to conquer. There was plenty to figure out, and how the world worked.

Unfortunately, one of the things she did not know about the human world was the existence of cars. As such, she was unaware of the dangers the presented, or how to avoid them.

Such as looking both ways before crossing the street.

A loud screech drew Queen Chrysalis's attention just in time to see a strange, large, blue, shiny thing coming right at her. There was an explosion of pain as it hit her. She could feel something break inside her.

Everything went black.


Queen Chrysalis let out a groan as she came to. The first thing she noticed was that her entire body hurt, like she had been trampled by a yak stampede. Reaching up, she rubbed at her head.

The second thing she noticed was that it was not a hand.

Eyes snapping open, she looked at the forelimb. It was not an arm ending in a hand, but a foreleg ending in a hoof, complete with black chitin and holes.

Quick as she could, Queen Chrysalis got up. Her mind raced, wrestling with the obvious answer, and refusing to accept it as it was impossible. She found herself surrounded by trees, inside a forest of some kind.

One she swore she recognized.

"No," she cried out, taking flight. "No. No. No." Lifting herself up above the canopy, she looked out.

Her stomach dropped as she saw it.

Ponyville.

"FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFU--"

Author's Note:

Based on the Japanese light novel:
How I went to another world, only to die and end up back in the first world (or one exactly like it).