• Published 17th Jul 2020
  • 988 Views, 76 Comments

Sunbeam - TheMajorTechie



Twilight Sparkle has stepped down. This is how Equestria crumbled.

  • ...
9
 76
 988

PreviousChapters
Wednesday

Well, there's bad news, and there's even badder news.

For one, we still haven't been able to find Cadance yet. Flurry Heart apparently sent a letter asking about Cadance, and now Princess Luna is freaking out a little.

And then there's the worse news.

Starlight Glimmer is... well, dead.

Remember how I wrote that we had guards patrolling the edges of Canterlot City? That's where they found her body. I didn't see it for myself, but apparently, she ran out of mana mid-teleport. Something about her anti-aging spell wearing off and her body giving up right then and there, resulting in her popping back into existence and falling to her death.

What a way to go. Like I needed one more bad thing to have happen after all this craziness. We don't plan on announcing any of this to the public, though. To them, Starlight's still going to be MIA. At least that way, it'd keep the Old Guard from getting suspicious about her if they found her in Ponyville.

Well, I guess this is basically it for now. I'm still not entirely sure of my parents are alive or not, but once again, I'm pretty sure I saw them at some point or another. Oh, and Whirlwind, too! Apparently, even though his Whirlybirds were speedy and small, the Old Guard never really used them all that much past those first few times. I was able to find and talk to him earlier today, too. He said that he and his mom and dad are just fine, and they plan on starting a whole business around his Whirlybirds and other inventions!

As for Celestia and Luna, Princess Luna's going to be in charge for a little while. She even said so herself. I think she's hoping that the Old Guard will figure out that things still turned out alright. Yeah, they wanted Celestia on the throne, but with everything that happened? I'm sure they'll come back to Equestria with Luna in charge, right?

Though, Luna also said that she won't be staying for very long since she has to take care of Celestia until she starts to remember things again. After that, she wants to go back into retirement, meaning that we're going all the way back to square one with how Twilight said she wanted elections and stuff.

Hopefully that'll turn out alright.

Hopefully.

I don't think I'm going to be writing any more in this diary. One, there's blood stains on it and that's gross, two, I don't want to ever think about this stuff again. Especially some parts. I just want things to go back to normal, and pushing all of this away I think is the first step.

To anypony who might be reading this in the future:
One, thank you for reading.
Two, why the heck are you reading my diary?

Author's Note:

And with that, Sunbeam has come to a close. Our little ambiguous foal that you've nicknamed "Sunbeam" after the story itself will now be moving on with life, and leaving this chapter--or story, really--behind.

Equestria, though somewhat restored, remains in pieces.

The Ashen interim government now controls the majority of the nation, with most major cities and towns falling in line in support.

Yet, the Old Guard still lurks in the Everfree, bitter at their defeat, but biding their time.

And all it takes is a little spark to blow everything sky-high once more.

What, or rather who is this spark, one might ask?

Emily Ashton.

ESplintershard
Once upon a time, Equestria flourished. That time is now long-gone.
TheMajorTechie · 82k words  ·  67  9 · 1.3k views

As always, thank you for reading. :twilightsmile:

PreviousChapters
Comments ( 4 )

Will there be a continuation of the story about the after math or something. It was a really good read

10572951
I do have plans floating around, though none of them directly follow Sunbeam. If I remember correctly, I've got ideas for two standalone sequels to wrap some things up and make way for Splintershard.

I know I'm really late to the party but great story, pal. I've really enjoyed reading Sunbeam, and I'm hoping to start catching up with Splintershard soon. Starlight's death saddens me greatly. May she rest in peace. 🙏 Thank you for writing this chapter in Sunbeam's life. :)

Login or register to comment