• Published 17th Jul 2020
  • 990 Views, 76 Comments

Sunbeam - TheMajorTechie



Twilight Sparkle has stepped down. This is how Equestria crumbled.

  • ...
9
 76
 990

PreviousChapters Next
Monday

Day 45

I suppose I can stop numbering the days since Daybreaker took power. Not like there's much of a point in counting, anyway.

Anyway, Starlight made a surprise visit earlier today to talk with Luna and Cadance and the others. Cadance is starting to show some worry about Flurry Heart, since this is the first time that she's ever been ruling completely alone in the Crystal Empire. Thing is, she's a full-grown mare at this point, and I'm pretty sure she's older than either of my parents, so I think she'll be able to handle it.

Moving onto the juicy bits now. Luna and Starlight discussed what can be done, and I chipped in with more information where I could. I think it's been more or less decided that we're going to launch an offensive on Canterlot sometime in the near-future. Yes, we know that we're far outnumbered since we don't exactly have the chance to reach out to other cities for help (if they're even still standing), but it's the only chance we've got!

So. Because Luna has far more experience, she will be infiltrating the Old Guard fortress to chip away at the Tree of Harmony... or retrieve the Elements of Harmony... uh, whatever. Point is, she's gonna figure out how to bring back the Elements so that we can use them against Daybreaker like Twilight and her friends did against Nightmare Moon.

Secondly, in order to keep her front up, Starlight will arrive the next morning at the fortress, claiming that she "heard something happen" the night before. She will then head back to Canterlot and sabotage the forces under her command to reduce the number of potential deaths on either side.

As for Cadance, she will be leading alongside Princess Luna our little ragtag army up into Canterlot, with hopes to recruit more ponies along the way. Once we're close enough to Canterlot, Starlight, Luna, and Cadance will wield the new Elements of Harmony against Daybreaker before making an escape. Given the number of loyalists apparently installed at higher levels, there's a good chance that even after Daybreaker is turned back into Celestia, we will be fighting an uphill battle just to stay alive.

To try and provide as much cover as possible, Starlight will have a cloaking spell covering herself and the others wielding the elements, and will call a retreat to safety while Celestia clears things up with Luna and Cadance. If for whatever reason things begin to fall through, then we will have to fight our way out. I have no idea what could possibly happen, however, if one of the soon-to-be wielders of the Elements of Harmony were to vanish or die in battle. I'm trying not to think about it for now.

PreviousChapters Next