• Published 3rd May 2020
  • 758 Views, 2 Comments

Twilight's Decision - MorningRose



Twilight has a decicision to make that will change her life

  • ...
6
 2
 758

First and only chapter

Author's Note:

please note that this is a trans male story requested by Greeny Maze so if you don't like transgender stories please look else where

Twilight is laying down in her bed having a nightmare like she usually does. In Twilight's dream Twilight is in her room in Canterlot looking at herself in the mirror. However, as she looks in the mirror she sees two of herself. One is a filly who hates to be a filly that everypony else sees and the other is a colt that only she can see within her yet denies to herself. As she looks at the reflection of the colt it starts to vanish while screaming out for Twilight to help. Twilight realizing that the colt is who she wants to start to cry when all of a sudden princess Luna shows up.

Luna lands beside Twilight and says "Oh Princess Twilight please don't cry. Tell me what is wrong. Maybe I can help you." As she finishes speaking she lays her wings around Twilight to try and calm her down.

Twilight upon feeling the wings around her calms down. Once she's calm she looks at Luna and says" Luna for as long as I can remember I have always had the exact same nightmare. I am looking at a mirror and I see two of me. One is a filly and the other is a colt. At first, everything is fine but then all of a sudden the colt starts to vanish screaming out for help. I try to save him every time but I always fail. I don't know what to do anymore."

" Oh, Twilight. I am so sorry I didn't come to help you out sooner. I will try my best. First, off Twilight do you know why you see two of you in the mirror?" asks Luna.

Twilight looks at Luna and says" yes I do. The filly is who my body is. While the Colt is who my soul is. I figured that much of the nightmare out years ago. But that's as far as I have figured out."

Luna smiles and says " since you have that figured out there's just one thing you have to do left. Twilight that one thing is you have to make your decision. Do you want to be a filly or a colt? Once you make the decision your nightmares will stop. However, depending on your decision you will have to tell your family. Just know that no matter what they love you and will support you."

Twilight thinks really hard for a minute before she says " Luna, I think I have finally made my decision. I want to be a colt. One whose name is Dusk Shine. I also want to be able to make friends as a colt. I even want to have a special somepony. One who I am able to tell everything to and who will always be there to support me. Who will love me for me and not for my family or even my title. Luna please don't tell Princess Celestia about this. I don't want to cause her any trouble in Canterlot." As soon as Twilight made her decision she woke up feeling calm and relaxed. With her mind made up, she goes to her parents’ room and knocks.

As soon as she gets the all-clear Twilight enters the room and says " Mom, Dad I need to talk to both of you and Shining Armor and Cadance today at two, ok?"

Velvet looks at Night Light then turns toward Twilight and says " sure sweetie. That sounds good to us. You should definitely ask your brother and Cadance though."

Twilight goes to her room and sits down at her desk and writes a letter to her brother and Cadance.

Dear Shining Armor and Cadance I am writing you a letter because I need to talk to you and our parents today at two. It's very important so please show up. This is a very personal thing I want to talk about so please leave Flurry Heart with the guards.

Thank you and lots of love Princess Twilight Sparkle.

As Twilight finishes the letter she sends it to Shining Armor via a mail spell. After a couple of minutes pass Twilight gets a response saying that they will arrive there at one-fifty. Twilight goes about her day thinking of what she is about to do. Before she knows it it's one fifty and Shining Armor and Cadance have finally arrived at the castle. Twilight leads them to the meeting room where their parents are already waiting.

As they enter Twilight says after everypony is seated " the reason I asked for everypony to be here is that I have an announcement to make. I want to be a Colt named Dusk Shine. I hope you will accept me for me so I can remain part of the family."

Velvet looks at everypony then says " well Twilight, to be honest, we all kind of figured that you feel the way you do. We started to realize it years ago but we agreed to wait until you came to us to tell you. So yes sweetie we accept you for who you are. You will always be my colt no matter what happens. We already have the paperwork filled out for the name change and we just need your signature to file it."

Twilight is in tears of happiness as she signs the paperwork. Thus starting her new life as Prince Dusk Shine. The Prince of friendship. However little did he know that one of his best friends has a huge crush on him.

The friend in question is Rarity. She always knew that Twilight was not as happy as a filly should be. So when she first discovered how Twilight felt she started to make a whole new wardrobe for Twilight. Sweetie Belle has been trying to help her sister build up the courage to tell Twilight how she feels about her. Yet Rarity is being courteous and waiting for Twilight to become Dusk Shine so he can always be happy. However, that is a story for another day and another time.

Comments ( 2 )

I like the idea of the recurring nightmare that Dusk has, though the rest of the story really drags it down. The biggest problem with this fic is that it moves too fast. Try slowing down and having the characters have a more realistic conversation. Talk about what the characters are thinking about or feeling, etc.

10761647
Thanks for the advice I will work on that in the future

Login or register to comment