• Published 2nd May 2020
  • 2,060 Views, 4 Comments

Tinker's Foalish Vacation - LeyenEnyo



Mindset convinces Tinker to join her in a trip to Fountonia, but upon drinking the regressive water, Tinker's old memories begin to surface. Memories he forgot long ago for good reason...

  • ...
6
 4
 2,060

Prologue: Preparations

The grass field was quiet. Tranquil, even. A lone blue unicorn pony laid on the grass as she stared into the sky, not a cloud in sight. She gave a comfortable sigh as she closed her eyes and listened to the sounds of the wind, her brunette hair waving. Her breathing slowed as she relaxed and began to drift into unconsciousness.

Her sleep, however, was short-lived as a strange giggling was heard. Opening her eyes, she looked over the area and saw the source; a puddle that rippled with each giggle, giving a sort of echo like it were a portal to another world. One would ordinarily find such a thing perplexing and even worrying, but to the pony, it was as normal as looking into a door. She joined in the giggling as she got closer, a telltale crinkling of plastic being heard from the diaper she wore. Peering into her reflection, she saw herself as an infant, extending a hoof to her adult self. With a smile forming, she stuck her hoof into the liquid mirror and felt a tug from her reflection, going into the seemingly small puddle only to appear in another reality entirely.

The new realm appeared as a nursery, one filled with toys and furniture a baby pony would need. The little foal she saw was nowhere to be found, but one look at the mirror told her where she went. Now, she was the foal, and she enjoyed every minute of it. Hearing hoofsteps, she turned to the nursery door and saw a cocoa brown pegasus pony that towered over her, but her demeanor was far more gentle and caring. “Well, looks like my little Mind has returned,” she said with a warm smile.

“Cocoa!” was all the little unicorn spoke before hugging her loving caretaker, one that the older pony returned lovingly.

“It's been a while, hasn't it? You must be hungry.” The pegasus lowered herself to the floor as she presented her barrel, her mammalian features exposed for the infant. Without a second thought, the little pony placed her lips onto one of them and began to suckle, her mouth filling with sweet milk that flowed down her throat with ease. As she drank, her body naturally decided to make room by emptying whatever contents were in her before; her diaper swelling and expanding to accommodate the mess. Cocoa giggled before saying, “Well, looks like you'll need a new diaper when you're done.”

The baby pony simply continued, not even noticing the additional weight and warmth in her crinkly baby pants. She was far too invested in filling her belly with sweet milk. After another five minutes or so, the little foal finally had her fill as she gave a soft burp and sat down on her rump, unfazed by the squishing contents beneath her. She yawned as she was lifted up in the air by a wing and brought over to a nearby changing table, knowing what was next. She happily obeyed as she laid on the table and remained still as Cocoa went through the usual process of changing a diaper, only moving to put a hoof in her mouth to teeth on. This was soon interrupted by a pacifier being put in her mouth by Cocoa as she did the final touches and wrapped a clean diaper on her. Next came a sleeper that had her favorite bear as the design, as she put her hooves through the legs before it was zipped up from the back.

“Now, I think it's time for a nap, with your little baby belly full of milkies,” Cocoa said with a bit of cooing as she gently took her charge to the nursery's crib and covered her with a foal blanket. “Sweet dreams, little one. I'll be waiting for you when you get here.” Before leaving the nursery, she turned on the nightlight and closed the door.

The little foal felt at peace, knowing her mommy, (or rather, her “other” mommy,) was waiting for her. Before she drifted off, she looked at the nightlight, and pondered why it was brighter than usual. Normally, it was just a gentle light to scare away the dark shadow monsters, but it seemed a little too blinding this time. In fact, it seemed to only get brighter the more she looked at it, until the whole nursery was enveloped in light. Closing her eyes, she could no longer stare at it until eventually a loud ringing noise started sounding, almost... Almost like a...

~*~

BRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNGGGG!

The unicorn, back in her adult form, stared at the alarm clock as it sounded, taking a few seconds to try to silence it with her magic. After doing so, she stared at the window, the sun's light shining right into her eyes and reflecting off the ring she wore on her horn. “Well, that explains the nightlight,” she said groggily before removing her blanket. She gave a quick stretch to her limbs and muscles before looking down at her protective undergarment, clearly stained yellow from her accident earlier, with a noticeable mass squishing beneath her. “That also explains why I was feeling that warmth, not that it's anything new.”

“Talking to yourself again?” piped up another pony that laid next to her, her golden hair being the only visible thing from under the covers.

“Just talking about an odd dream of mine.” Though she wasn't wrong about its oddity, she didn't say such a thing with disdain or worry. “It was about me being a foal again.”

“Oh, really? I never would have guessed,” the other mocked with a slight giggle.

“Oh hush, you.” The unicorn smiled as she gently planted a pillow on her friend's head. She immediately got up from under the covers, her green coat visible along with her own protective garment, also stained yellow. “You're just as likely to have such dreams with your crinkly butt.”

“Eh, I'm not worried. I just know you're more of the foalish type than I am.” She smirked and stuck her tongue out. “Besides, I only need them at night, unlike a certain blue pony I know.”

“Keep that up, and you'll be wearing them much more often.” The unicorn simply rolled her eyes and gave her friend a kiss on the cheek. “If you know what's good for you, you'll respect said pony, right Emerald?”

The green earth pony chuckled. “Yes, Mindset, I will.”

It wasn't long before the two were up and changing their clothes, (and diapers,) and got themselves ready for the day. Emerald prepared a kettle of water for some coffee as Mindset showered and dressed up for work. She paused, however, when she noticed the calendar, and expressed worry as she noted that Maternal Mare Day was coming up soon, reminding herself of her marefriend's unfortunate circumstances. Her thoughts were interrupted as Mindset entered the kitchen, dressed in her business suit and skirt, diaper only slightly exposed. “Um, don't get mad, but next week is... Well...” She hesitated to finish that sentence.

Mindset, however, felt anything but anger. “I know, but you have nothing to worry about.”

Emerald felt confused, as this holiday was practically the bane of Mindset's existence, until she recalled her story of last year. “Oh right! I almost forgot about that.” She felt a weight lifted off her shoulders as she finished making coffee and poured two cups for them both. “So, thinking of going there again this year?”

“Of course. I need the therapy.”

“Go figure, the therapist needs therapy,” she joked.

“Hey, even a pony like me needs it. Wouldn't want me to be that grumpy again, would you?” Emerald flinched at the idea, especially since she was partly responsible for her marefriend's hatred for the holiday. “You know, I was thinking of bringing a friend with me...” Mindset gave her a humorous smile as she awaited her answer.

“Ha ha...” She sarcastically laughed before taking a sip of coffee. “You know I'd love to join you and be a foal again, but I can't because I have that gem shipment I need to deliver. Now that they're cut to perfection, they need to be sent to jewelers all across Equestria. I can't stop doing any of that just for some baby playtime.”

“I know. I just like to tease the idea to you.” Mindset took a sip herself. “Besides, I was thinking of another pony to join me. One I hadn't seen since Hearth's Warming.”

“Your brother, I assume?”

She gave a nod. “I've been noticing him becoming more engrossed in his work, like I was last year. I think a break from his inventing would do him some good.”

“It's your call. Just be sure you both take care of yourselves, and don't go becoming a permanent baby. I may not mind changing your diapers from time to time, but I certainly don't want to have a baby marefriend. Ponies would get the wrong idea about us.”

“Oh don't worry, the 'Perma-Youth' water was kept closed off for everypony's safety, and they're keeping it under constant surveillance so ponies don't drink any of it. At least until the river reaches the falls, where the churning dilutes the water's effects.”

“Yeah, well, I still don't want you to take any unnecessary risks, from one pony to another.” Emerald gave her a quick peck on the cheek. “Although, I wouldn't mind some photos of your trip. I'd bet you'd look just adorable in anything.”

“Right, I'll bring Robu too, since he's been wanting to see Glitter.”

The two continued their conversation until Emerald finished up and left for work. Mindset, though, took a moment to write a letter to her brother, hoping he'd be more than happy to meet her. She then took a sheet a paper that read “Vacation Request” which had been filled out and given a seal of approval. Only a couple days to go.