• Published 23rd Aug 2012
  • 1,826 Views, 59 Comments

Ponies In Australia - Dawn-Designs-Art



What happens when the Mane 6 find themselves suddenly in Australia?

  • ...
3
 59
 1,826

Explanation (or: Cue Pony Marathon!!!)

“So… We’re characters, on a TV show? Or at least, that’s what most humans believe? And there’s a particularly large group humans who love to watch this show?” Twilight asked.

“Umm, yeah” I replied, “the six of you are loved by so many Bronies, my friends here and myself included.” Beth, Nick and Chris had helped me to explain to the ponies everything we dared tell about the show, the fandom, and the Bronies in general, leaving out things like clopping and such.

Rainbow Dash humphed, “told you they were spying on us.”

“I don’t think so Rainbow, some of these things they just told us about haven’t happened, so it might be that they are seeing our futures. The changeling invasion and the wedding occurred last month, but from what Rebecca has told us, the humans knew about it many months ago” Twilight reasoned.

“Spying on the future then, it’s still spying” Rainbow replied, annoyed.

“I for one am flattered that these Bronies would pay us so much attention” Rarity said with a smile.

“We should have a massive party, to tell the Bronies that we’re real!” Pinkie Pie said. “I’ll bake another cake or twelve!”

Nick grinned, “I’ll help you!”

“Hooray!” Pinkie and Nick bounced over to the kitchen, getting ingredients from the pantry.

“Umm, Rebecca, would we be able to see this show? Just to see how true to life it is? Though nothing past my brothers wedding of course” Twilight requested.

“Of course” I said with a smile. And so we spent the whole day watching a season 1 and 2 marathon. We ate two of the cakes Pinkie and Nick made throughout the day, absolutely delicious. Nick, Chris Beth and I didn’t so much watch the episodes as watch the ponies watch the episodes, seeing them cringe, laugh, smile, look sad, and apologise during different parts. Afterwards Rainbow Dash had a nap on the couch and Fluttershy tried to figure out how to convince my Himalayan cat Kimiko (I didn’t mention I had a cat before? Too bad) not to try to eat my cockatiel Mystery. Meanwhile, me and my friends discussed the episodes with Pinkie, Twi, AJ and Rarity. We learned what was different and what was the same, not much really, and we learned about other adventures that weren’t in the show, like the time Pinkie let the Cutie Mark Crusaders throw a party for Blue Day (A day of celebration to celebrate all things blue) to see if their talent was throwing parties… It wasn’t.

That night we ate vegetarian spaghetti for dinner, and watched a movie before going to bed. The movie was Johnny English, and the ponies found it as funny as we did. My friends stayed the night, I set up beds for them and we all went to sleep. The ponies had been on Earth for 2 days now, and already knew what humans thought of them, and how popular they were. I just hoped nothing bad would happen, but of course, hopes are always wrong when it comes to hoping for bad thing not to happen, especially when dealing with cartoon characters.

Author's Note:

I'm really sorry for such a massive delay :( Finishing school and starting Tafe has made me completely forget about this. I'm truly sorry.