• Published 1st May 2020
  • 1,534 Views, 15 Comments

My Pony Academia - Omegafr



Story with Mane 6 in the Pony Academia, with 6 stalions on their sides.

  • ...
11
 15
 1,534

A taste for competition

The next day is the first day of class this year, so the students meet the teachers they will be attending all year round. As every year, all types of teachers are represented, from the guy who you would think is closer to the student than the teacher, to the woman who is a bit strict about grades, to the one who hasn't wanted to teach for a long time.

But hey, the first moments spent in class are the time to introduce yourself, whether it's the teacher or the students to the rest of the class. This is a very important moment because it is there that we show our personality to others and from this comes the opinions and judgments that our brain makes in spite of us.

Tuesday ends at 4pm for our friends, and it is at this time that the coach has chosen to do his session in the sports club throughout the year. So Light, Drew, John, Rainbow and Applejack go to the field in the back where the coach is already waiting for them. When they arrive, our friends notice that Soarin and Thunderlane are already there and other students are waiting for the start of the session as well.

"Hello everyone and welcome to the sports club reserved for the third year, I recognize some faces but there are also newcomers so I'll introduce myself quickly," explains the one that tour oe world will call "the coach" although he starts by saying his name.

The coach's name is SummerSun, and he presents without hiding his pride the non-exhaustive list of his diplomas and the title of former football champion. He ends up explaining that this year will be "the good one" by talking about a tournament at the end of the year, which attracts the attention of some people.

"That's right, coach, this year we finally get to play?" Formula Light, his undisguised desire to finally compete.

"That's right, Light, you can guess what this year's tournament is all about," the coach said.

Light explains to the newcomers that for nearly 10 years, sports tournaments were reserved for the club officially recognized while the academy's was only an inter-course activity. To put it simply, as the coach says, "There will only be professional teams in this tournament and we will be the challenger, the new one. So I'm counting on you to show them at the end of the year what we're made of here".

The competitive instinct of the students makes the news very interesting, most of them are impatient to play... except John...

"The first thing you have to do before you even determine your positions is to elect a team captain. I guess Light is willing to commit himself," he said.

"I'd make a really good captain coach, you know that," he said proudly, placing his firm fist against his sturdy chest.

"Well, in that case I guess there's no need to vote, I elect Light captain..."

"I want to be captain too!" Say a voice that is known as the rainbow mare's voice.

While the coach knows Light and goes to give her the title, Rainbow steps in and demands it, bringing all eyes to her, the challenger.

"Well, then we'll vote..."

"Hold on, Coach, I say instead of voting, Rainbow and I should go head to head to see who deserves the title," he says, taking an interested look at the cyan pegasus.

"Great idea, Light, the sport is all about competition after all," he adds.

"Would you... challenge me?" Asked Rainbow, his competitive spirit seemed to have awakened.

Rainbow, drawn by the urge to compete, begins to turn to Light with a smile of interest on her lips. Light, seeing her reaction, adds a layer to her bending over and already facing her with her eyes.

"My question now is... will you accept this challenge?"

"I never turn down a challenge," she replies thoughtlessly, the words coming instinctively.

"I like that answer," he said, standing only a few inches away.

The two friends became opponents during a session, lightning seeming to strike each other in their eyes, which shimmered in the reflection of the other.

"I'm for Light, what about you?" Announcing the six-foot stallion.

"The only opponent Rainbow can lose to is me, and she'll win." Answer the farm girl.

"Rainbow's so strong, I'm on her side." Says Soarin.

"We've never seen Light in action before, so I'm asking to see." Accepts Thunderlane, not having a side to choose yet.

"Light has never lost in sports, so I don't think it's gonna start today," said John in his first intervention.

"Well, for the challenge, I propose that we each choose one sport to play against the other." Suggests coach.

"THE HIGH-FLYING RACE!"

"THE 100 METER DASH!"

The two rivals know what they want and automatically choose their favourite discipline. The confrontation begins with a race in the air, the two pegasuses simply have to fly ten laps around the field, child's play for Rainbow Dash and Light.

One student stands on each corner of the field, Light and Rainbow will have to pass behind him to validate the laps. And on those, the coach starts in 3,

" ...2...1... GET OUT! " he announced before he whistled.

Both Pegasus leave at the same time, but Light takes the lead thanks to a better start. The first turns are very fast and it is difficult to follow the two riders. Light gains speed through the turns but Rainbow has better speed in the straights.

Already 5 laps down and they are neck and neck, but Rainbow, who was behind at the beginning, manages to win the lead. The last lap is no different than the others, Rainbow wins the race followed very close by Light.

"1 second difference between the first and the second, second run now" announces the coach, surprised by the result.

"So, who's the captain now?" She says with a very provocative smile.

"Not bad, but there's nothing exceptional about fighting in flight, I hardly ever train but wings. Let's see what you're worth on dry land now." Announcer Light.

Light's defeat is neither hot nor cold, he's sure of his ground speed and has no fear of losing the duel. He and Rainbow are standing on one end of the field, hands on the ground, in position.

The other students stand beside him as spectators, encouraging their favourite and reinforcing the desire of both pegasus to win and put the other back in his place as runner-up.

"Are you ready ? 3...2...1... GO!"

Light propels himself with great power through his muscular legs, leaving Rainbow pinned to the ground while he's already on his feet. Light's start is absolutely perfect and ends up even lifting the wind on the lawn, with Rainbow starting the race after him.

The gap is widened from the start, Light is well ahead of Rainbow in less than two seconds. The race is played far too fast, with Light clocking an outstanding time of 9.20 seconds, 3 seconds ahead of Rainbow's time.

"If you compare the gap between the two races, Light wins the challenge with a 2 second lead. Excellent Light, you've broken your record from last year." And then he tells her the coach is happy with her performance.

Rainbow, Applejack and the others are totally confused about his performance, while Drew and John simply congratulate their friend on his new victory. Light receives the captain's armband and struts off with it in front of his rival.

"The day you manage to just keep up with me, I might put you in the "rival" box, in the meantime, you'll have to listen to me" she provokes him, proudly wearing her piece of cloth on her arm.

Light's provocative smile in front of Rainbow, all white and shiny teeth out, has the incredible gift of pissing her off.

"Next time you strut like that in front of me, I'll send you back where you belong," he warns.

"I wish you luck then, you'll need it."

For the second time, their eyes meet, the flame burning in their pupils keeps growing. Their taste for competition was bound to clash, and given their winning personality...

After Light and Drew or Rainbow Dash and Applejack, a new rivalry was born...

They were made to notice each other and will not stop, from now on, trying to surpass the other, either during sports sessions or in the different subjects and moments of life.

"It's going to be a long year! Said the great black unicorn.

"You said it!" Confirmed the farm mare.