• Published 31st Jul 2020
  • 407 Views, 20 Comments

MY LULLABY - CROSSOVER KING



The first contact between Equestria and Pride Lands resutls in betreyal, manipulation, bloodshed, and vengeance.

  • ...
4
 20
 407

I've been exiled, persecuted, left alone with no defense

Hunger.

Desperation.

Vengeance.

These were all the former Changeling queen, Chrysalis, was thinking about on a particularly starry night in the Everfree Forest. Due to the abundance of monsters that almost every pony was utterly terrified of inhabiting that forest, it had become the sole sanctuary for her after she was dethroned and exiled by her own kind. Also, the predatory creatures lurking in the shadows were the least of her worries, as she knew she could easily take them all down due to her powerful magic and shapeshifting abilities. What was actually bothering her was the fact that she was still without a kingdom to rule and enough love to sustain herself.

And she knew exactly who to blame for her predicament: her treacherous offspring, Thorax, and his accursed pony friend, Starlight Glimmer.

If they had not foiled her brilliant plan to replace all the beloved ponies in Equestria with Changelings and turned her own subjects against her, she would have been enjoying a life full of prosperity as the supreme ruler of all the land. Instead, she was forced to leave her hive and live as far away from civilization as possible. Every day, she was trying to come up with a plan to take back what was rightfully hers and exact terrible vengeance on those who had caused her downfall in the first place. However, she had managed to formulate only one plan so far and not only it involved making imperfect copies of the greatest heroes of Equestria, but it also ended up being a complete failure when the clones turned on her instead of becoming her new subjects.

So, ever since they were all destroyed by the Tree of Harmony, she had decided to change tactics and, after several weeks of deep contemplation, she resolved to do something she would never imagine herself doing in a million moons: forging a temporary alliance with a like-minded creature. Unfortunately, since none of the creatures in the forest was nearly as smart as her and that all the great villains were either reformed or imprisoned in Tartarus, she was forced to take more drastic measures in order to find an accomplice at least half as competent as she was.

Therefore, on this starry night (exactly one week after the destruction of her treacherous constructs), she was standing near a pond in the middle of Everfree, getting ready to cast a spell that, in theory, could summon a villainous spirit on the water. Then, she was planning to use her flawless manipulation skills in order to convince that spirit to assist her in getting revenge on her enemies and reclaiming her kingdom. Even though she was fully aware of the risks that would come with such a scheme, she also knew that she was running out of time and options. The love she was stealing from the forest inhabitants was simply not enough to satisfy her hunger (love from intelligent creatures such as ponies was always more nutritious) and that, she would soon starve to death if she did not find a solution to her problems.

With that in mind, she took a deep breath, lit up her horn, and shot a beam of magic right towards the surface of the water. When nothing happened for several seconds, she groaned in frustration and started walking towards the trees. Then, suddenly, she heard a loud noise coming from the pond and when she looked back, she saw a significant amount of bubbles and foam appearing on the water, and the water itself beginning to both spin and glow blue. Before she could comprehend what was happening, a large glowing water tornado shot upwards to the sky and stopped about half a dozen feet above the pond. Immediately after that, the upper section of the tornaddo started changing shape and, in a matter of seconds, transformed into what looked like the head of a lioness. It had a dorsal strıpe going down the head, an angular nose, a notch in the right ear, and a wiry grin on its face. While its eyes and stripe were glowing white, the rest of its feaures were glowing blue like the water tornado it was standing on.

As soon as the transformation was complete, the lioness head let out a brief maniacal laughter and announced with a very sinister-sounding voice, "Ahhh... How I missed the world of the living! Thank you so much for summoning me, dear Chrysalis. Now, I believe you're in dire need of my help and, as a token of my appreciation for your kind gesture, I shall tell you of a plan that will benefit us both."

Chrysalis, who was dumbfounded ever since the transformation first began, shook her head violently to snap herself out of it and asked, "You... You know who I am?"

The lioness chuckled at that question before replying, "Of course, dearie. A spirit like me can watch everything happening in this world from the etheral plane. From what I've been able to observe, I can tell that you wish to gain my assistance in the hopes of taking back your Changeling kingdom and punishing those who made you to lose it in the first place. This is a cause I can really sympathize with and that's why I'll reveal to you a briiliant scheme that I've been developing for quite some time. With your skills, it can finally be perfected and if you follow it to the letter, both of us will exact vengeance on the ones who caused us great pain and you shall become more powerful than you ever were in your entire life. So, my little Changeling, are you ready to hear what your new friend Zira has to say?"

After spending a few moments pondering on this offer, Chrysalis finally nodded in both agreement and determination. Zira then explained, "Excellent. Now, listen carefully. You must travel south and find a wide savanna known as, 'The Pride Lands'. There, you'll find its king, Simba, and convince him that Equestria poses a threat to his kingdom and that he should attack before the ponies could do the same. Both sides will tear each other apart and nothing will stand in your way to not just reclaiming what was rightfully yours, but also expanding your borders. As for me, I'll take great pleasure in watching Simba and his family suffer as much as I once did. Questions?"

Chrysalis listened to every word that came out of the Zira's mouth and, in the end, she asked, "Just one. What exactly did you mean when you said you were sympathetic to my cause?"

"It's a rather long story, but I can tell you this: I too know what it's like to be betrayed by your own kind. By your own offspring", Zira spitefully replied.

This made Chrysalis truly understand where she was coming from and, soon enough, she determinedly said, "Don't worry, Zira. I'll make sure both of us get the vengeance we deserve. Our enemies will greatly regret they ever crossed us!"

Upon hearing that, Zira manically laughed once again before disappered as the water turned to normal and Chrysalis flew off towards her destination.

Author's Note:

The image belongs to OfficialStigma.