• Published 1st May 2020
  • 611 Views, 44 Comments

The Ultimate Supreme Administrator - Bad Dragon



To be a High Administrator, that is my dream.

  • ...
15
 44
 611

Alone

I look at the dried bank under the mountain cliff. I’d just have to run along it, take a turn at the cliff and I’d be off the neutral zone and on Equestria soil. From there, it was just a short trot to my house and my parents.

At the edge of the cliff, however, were some crystal spikes emerging from the dried bed, leading almost horizontally behind the edge of the cliff’s edge. “Those weren’t there yesterday,” I say to myself. The spikes are almost touching the edge of the mountain, so I probably can’t escape the same way I came to the neutral zone, but I can just go around the spikes and then I’d be in Equestria, free to run back home.

In the distance under the base of the spikes, a black scroll lies on top of the others. I was no Administrator, yet, but I knew how the administrative battles are fought. The counter-response is always thrown on top of the one it is countering. That’s one of the reasons why the scrolls are so big. I bet there are other reasons as well.

Once, I asked my mother if size matters and she said that bigger is always better and that she never settles for small ones. One day, I’ll be a High Administrator like her, and I won’t settle for anything less than enormous ones.

I recognize the Equestrian scrolls on the other side of the bank. That side is where Equestrian Administrators must have thrown them from. And the Crystal Empire’s Administrators must have been throwing them from this side of the bank. They are all at least two dozen steps long, which allows them to counter other scrolls laying on the ground.

There is a chance I can just run past them all toward home, but the Landlord Administrator is probably watching me from the window. If I actually collect the scrolls, they wočč lead me to the spikes at the edge of the cliff. After that, I could then just break into gallop from there and nopony could catch me without invading Equestrian lands.

I start to roll the first scroll that was thrown from the entrance of the building. To the side of me is a big pipe. I can hear water flowing through it. That water always flowed to Equestria. The Crystal Empire was clearly breaching the declaration of Administrative forefathers by stealing the water at its spring.

There was much I didn’t know, but I knew for sure that Administrators of Equestria would not stand for such violation of the treaty.

I roll up the scroll under the second one to the end of it at the bank. It was the first scroll that started the administrative battle. In my view comes the declaration at the end of the scroll. On it was written, “I say, this is my property. Pussy off, Equine!”

Only a 20th level Administrator could have written such an informal scroll. I rolled it up and carried it to the shack. The Landlord Administrator that captured me must have been its author. He didn’t use any of the best words.

I roll the next scroll from the center of the dried up stream to the bank under the cliff. At the top of it is the declaration that must have been read when it was thrown over the first one. At the end of the scroll was the text, “Per declaration of High Administrators from both sides, I, the 19th level Administrator of Equestrian Administration convey that this stream is the border of our lands between Equestria and the Crystal Empire and as such is not owned by anypony. Thus, I emit that my presence at this place cannot be interpreted as trespassing.”

A smile escapes me. “Yeah, you tell it to the 20th level Administrator, 19th level Administrator!” At this moment I promise to myself to rise in ranks and make my life aspirations into a reality, someday. “To be a High Administrator, that is my dream!”

I look down at the stream of scrolls. The faster I collect them, the closer I can get to the border beyond the cliff. Equestria and my freedom will be just a jump away at the end of the administrative battle collection.

I lift up the second scroll and run with it to the shack. Then, straight back to the next one. In my mind, I imagine that I’m an assistant to an Administrator training to be a real Administrator one day. When I tell my mom how I collected the scrolls and how important they were, she might even forgive me for walking into a neutral zone without her consent.

The third scroll also seemed to have been thrown from the entrance. It’s another one from the landlord, the twentieth chain of Administration, that was tossed over the previous one. When I rolled it all up from the center of the dried-up stream, I read the declaration at the end. It said, “I proclaim this stream to be of the Crystal Empire, for it touches our lands. What touches our lands is ours. The trespassing Equine filly is also mine. Wanna buy her? I also sell water if you’re thirsty.”

After collecting the previous scroll, I ran to the middle, to collect the scroll from the other side which said, “I promulgate that you overstepped your boundaries of good taste and the law. For that reason, I shall negotiate the matter of stolen water and displaced filly with your higher ranking Administrator. Please supply your superior within the period prescribed by law under administration of international matters.”

The response of the landlord was, “I say, screw you! I’ll bring you a 19th level Administrator. That’s all you’re getting, you Equines. I hate you, and I hate your pussy bureaucracy.”

As per protocol, when a same or higher-ranking Administrator tells a lower-ranking Administrator to speak to a higher-ranking Administrator, the lower-ranking Administrator is obliged to fulfill that request. And not only that. The lower-ranking Administrator must present the higher-ranking Administrator to the one who posed the request and during the interaction must also stand behind the presented higher-ranking Administrator. The administration is so exciting!

I run back to see what the sixth scroll from the same side entails. It was thrown over the fifth scroll but from the side of the building further down the stream. When I rolled it up, it said at the end, “I declare that I’m a 19th level Administrator of the Crystal Empire. Despite the same ranking, I do not recognize you as my equal. Either you buzz off to your shrinking Equestria or you bring me a higher ranking Administrator.”

After going over many more scrolls, I gather that the Equestrian Administrator complied, but his superior demanded a higher ranking Administrator from the Crystal Empire side.

The sun is already in the zenith, burning through the smog. I’m sweating like crazy in the heat. But I can’t stop. The administrative battle is starting to get really intense. Some powerful words are expressed like, address, clarify, transfer, devise, phrase, impart, transmit, govern, regulate, formulate, treaty, articulate, direct, prescribe, authorize, arrange, inquire, regulate, revise, announce, order, mediate and other good words.

I only stop collecting the scrolls to seep some water from the leaking pipe. I’ve never been so excited in my life. I’m part of the bureaucracy now!

There are already over thirty rolled-up scrolls in the shack and I’m eager to collect more, but the next one in line stops me in my tracks.

Author's Note:

Gdoc