• Published 25th Apr 2020
  • 5,587 Views, 310 Comments

On the Wings of a Pegasus - Jinzou



When Scootaloo visits Rainbow Dash over the weekend, a terrible secret is revealed. Now Rainbow Dash must do everything she can to keep the filly happy.

  • ...
4
 310
 5,587

Chapter 14

"'...And so, with Ahuizotl defeated, and the Sapphire Statue secured, the world was safe and sound once again, thanks to Daring Do! The end." Rainbow finished. The book was still great even after the countless amounts of time she'd read it.

Scootaloo gave an excited squeak. "That was awesome! Can we start the next book now?"

Rainbow yawned, snuggling Scootaloo in closer and closing her eyes. "You know, after almost burning my house down and panicking when I couldn't find you at Sugarcube Corner, I'm pooped. How about we start the Griffin's Goblet tomorrow?"

Scootaloo grumbled but agreed. She relaxed, letting the warmth of Rainbow's coat envelop her in a feeling of absolute safety.

There was the sudden sound of glass breaking in the kitchen. Rainbow Dash's eyes snapped open and she stood up warily. "Scoot, go grab Tank and hide in the bathroom."

"But-" Scootaloo argued.

"Now, Scoot!"

Rainbow Dash slunk into the hallway, ears on pivot. There was somebody in her house, and she was about to show whoever it was why it was a bad idea to mess with Rainbow Dash.

In the kitchen was a burly pegasus stallion, with a light brown coat and a tan mane. He also had an ugly, heavily scarred wing. Rainbow Dash gasped, remembering Scootaloo's description of her father. This stallion fit him to a T.

"Thunder Chaser?!" Rainbow shouted.

The stallion turned his icy blue eyes to look at the challenging mare.

"Rainbow Dash." He spoke in a gravely voice. "You and that useless chicken ruined my life. And now I'm going to ruin yours."

Rainbow Dash started seeing red. This was the one pony that was responsible for her Scootaloo being in a world of pain. For her being terrified all the time. For all her suffering! Without a second thought, she flared her wings out and lunged at him.

Thunder Chaser was expecting that. He flattened himself to the floor, diving under Rainbow's attack, then landed a buck on her jaw with both his hind legs. The impact launched Rainbow into a wall, head first. Stars exploded in her vision. She looked up in time to see Thunder Chaser pick up a knife and slice at her, and just managed to dodge out the way. The knife made contact with her ear, slicing a portion of her left ear in two.

Shaking off the fog in her head, she swung a left hook at him. Thunder Chaser reared up on his hind legs, and came down on her outstretched hoof, taking her to the ground. He brought down his other hoof on the back of Rainbow Dash's head as he came down, disorienting the mare. He swung his knife a few times at her, but she threw herself backwards, dodging his blows. Backed against a wall, Thunder Chaser caught her with hook, stomped on her ribs until he heard something crack, and brought down her knife on her face.

Rainbow Dash screamed as the vision in her right eye went black. Thunder Chaser reared up again, preparing to finish the mare off, when he felt something small catapulted against his head. Knocked off balance, he turned his head and saw a furious Scootaloo, getting to her hooves from where she had fallen.

"Leave her alone!" Scootaloo screamed.

Knocking Scootaloo to the ground with a backhoof, he pinned her down, eyeing her wings. He intended on slicing off the offending, useless appendages until he found another pony throwing herself at him. He roared as Rainbow Dash struck him upside the head, then keeping her momentum, turned around and bucked him in the ribs. He managed to grab the mare and throw her into the kitchen, standing up and preparing to fight more. Yelling like an animal, Rainbow Dash threw herself at him, lunging for his neck. Thunder Chaser dodged to the side, and with one swift movement, brought his head back around as the knife in his teeth nestled smoothly between two of Rainbow Dash's ribs. Rainbow Dash let out an involuntary wheeze at that, and collapsed into another wall, seemingly unable to get back up.

Seeing the terrified look in his daughter's eyes, he grabbed her tail with his teeth as she turned to run away. With his prize in hoof, he kicked Rainbow's door open and took off into the night.

Grabbing Scootaloo's barrel with his forehoof, he released her tail and gave off a laugh.

"You're never getting away again, girl. We're gonna leave town and I'm gonna have my fun with you. In all the time you've been gone we've missed several of our... bonding sessions." Ignoring her screaming and squirming, he brought his face closer and whispered "I'm gonna torture you long and hard for this girl. You made my life hell, and now I'm gonna make yours hell too."

Electing to lose anyone who might have spotted him in the forest, he went for a landing, before hearing an earth shattering explosion. He looked back up just in time to see an expanding circle of rainbow energy fill the night sky, and the last thing he saw was a certain pegasus diving furiously at him before he lost consciousness.


Coughing up blood, Rainbow stumbled out her front door. She instantly flew up, ignoring the stabbing pain in her eye, and the stabbing pain in her lungs every time she breathed. She sailed up a hundred feet or so, searching frantically with her good eye to spot the pegasi. As her vision started to darken, she spotted a rapidly descending pegasus stallion heading for the woods.

"Gotcha." Rainbow whispered to herself as she instantly went into a dive. Her vision darkened more as she picked up speed, eventually feeling the familiar feel of the mach cone start to surround her. She shook her head furiously, trying to blink back the darkness as the cone tightened around her. And then suddenly...

BOOM

Her speed instantly doubled as she pulled off the Rainboom. She sailed toward Thunder Chaser. Almost blacked out, she felt her hoof make impact with the lower part of his back. Grabbing around, Rainbow felt something soft and small, which she hoped was Scootaloo. She grabbed the filly and pulled her in close to her chest. She tried to pull out of the steep dive and fly to the left, and was unsure if she did. Her whole body was becoming numb. Not knowing where they were or how close to the ground, she wrapped all four legs and both her wings protectively around Scootaloo. A second later she hit the ground.

Rainbow thought she heard somebody frantically calling her name for a moment before she blacked out.