• Published 10th Oct 2020
  • 13,746 Views, 1,189 Comments

Equestria Girls: Sonic the Hedgehog - sonicfan05



After the two groups meet up due to circumstances, Sonic and the Equestria Girls must team up to defeat an evil genius, who wants to use his power for world domination, while on the run from the government lead by a special agent.

  • ...
13
 1,189
 13,746

Chapters Next
Prologue (Edited by knigsonic - 2/19/21)

It was an early morning at the typical island. The sun was rising, the sky was clear, the river was fresh and clean, the grass was green and most of all, very peaceful.

Somewhere on that island, a small blue creature, which looked like a small hedgehog, was running through the island without a care in the world. He ran across the field at the speed of sound, he ran over a weak bridge before it collapsed, he even ran through a huge loop-de-loop without breaking a sweat. It was all thanks to his special power, the power of super speed.

He wasn't sure how he got his power or where it came from. All he knew from his guardian was that he was apparently born with it. Not that he was complaining, he enjoyed the thrill of running around at high speed and the fact could easily reach his destination within seconds before anyone could blink.

Speaking of which, the young hedgehog had reached his destination; a secret treehouse where he and his guardian been staying. He rolled through the door, across the floor, and then bumped into the nest where his guardian was resting, waking her up in the process.

While the young hedgehog didn't know about his past nor who his family was, Longclaw is the only one who was there for him since the beginning. All his life, he viewed her as many different combinations at once: a teacher, his best friend… and a mother figure. She risked herself everyday to keep him safe, but she enjoyed his company. The young hedgehog felt the same way about her, which was why he ran out this morning to get her a little "present" to show her how much she means to him.

He giggled after seeing her startled reaction, before her expression changed to a somewhat annoyed expression.

"Sonic, how many times do I have to tell you?" The owl scolded with a concerned expression. "You can't keep running around outside! Someone will see you!"

"Chill out Longclaw!" Young Sonic assured with a smirk before running in place. "No one saw me! I'm way too fast for them!” He stopped and gave her a sheepish grin. “Besides, I ran out just to get you… This!"

Young Sonic pulled out an item from behind his quills, revealing a beautiful Sunflower and then presented to Longclaw as a gift to her.

Longclaw sighed and shook her head with her playful smile. "What am I going to do with you?"

The young hedgehog may be a handful to her at times, but his heart was full of gold. Longclaw reached over towards the flower to grab it when she noticed something from the top of the tree behind Sonic. Her eyes widened when she realized it was those "tribe warriors" that have been pursuing them for quite some time and they were aiming their arrows at the young hedgehog.

"Get down!" she screamed as she dove for Sonic and then slammed the door with her foot just before arrows could hit them.

She looked up just as more of these warriors were trying to enter through the windows with weapons and nets, intending to capture or even eliminate the young hedgehog. Determined to not let anything happen to the young hedgehog, Longclaw quickly flew through one of the windows and took off into the sky.

Longclaw went higher and higher as she dodged more arrows that were shooting at her. She was nearly close to escape from her pursuers, however, she had failed to notice one arrow that was shot from one of the warriors and hit her from her left side. Longclaw then went straight down towards the ground, unable to fly back up again. She held Sonic protectively with one side before they crashed to the ground on her other side.

After they crashed, Longclaw slowly got up and winced from the intense pain due to the arrow that was pierced into her side. What was even worse was she couldn’t fly or move for that matter due to her injury. She knew that she could't go on anymore and she needed to send the boy away before their pursuers could catch up to them. She really hated doing this to the young boy, but with her badly injured, she would only slow him down. Her top priority was to keep him safe, no matter the cost.

"Listen carefully Sonic…" Longclaw instructed, ignoring the pain from her side. "You have this great power unlike anything I've ever seen… but in turn, there are those who wanted your power for themselves… and would do anything to get it… even harming you. The only way for you to stay safe… is to stay hidden!"

She then quickly took out a golden ring from her pouch before throwing it into the air. The ring then suddenly grew into a huge portal with an image of dark woods in the center of the ring. Longclaw turned towards Sonic as she pointed at the portal behind her.

"This world should be on the far side of the universe! You should be safe there!"

With an alarmed expression, young Sonic shook his head. "No! I don't wanna go without you!"

"You must!" She loudly insisted.

She then took the pouch off from her belt and handed it over to the young hedgehog. "Take these rings! These rings are the most important things in your possessions! Don't ever lose them!"

The two suddenly heard loud shouting in the distance. They turned just in time to see their pursuers were getting more and more closer to them. Realizing that she was running out of time, she quickly turned back to Sonic.

"If you are ever discovered, use them!" She instructed further as she gently pushed Sonic towards the portal. "And never. Stop. Running!"

Sonic was now close to the portal, but he looked back up at Longclaw with a sad expression, silently begging her to not make him leave her. This only made Longclaw give him the final push to safety.

"Now go!" Longclaw shouted.

Startled from her outburst, young Sonic turned and ran through the portal and into another world. He ran for quite a long distance from the portal before he looked back. He was alarmed to see Longclaw still on the other side of the portal while the pursuers were practically closing in on her, shielding them from entering the portal.

"Longclaw!" Sonic shouted as he turned around and ran back towards the portal.

Hearing his cries, Longclaw glanced back at the young hedgehog one last time with a somber expression.

"...Goodbye Sonic."

“No!” Sonic shouted, trying desperately to move faster towards the portal. "Noooooooo!"

Just as he reached the portal, the big ring disintegrated into nothing, disappearing into the air, losing his chance to save his guardian... and his only friend. He stopped to catch his breath, not noticing his tears leaking from his eyes. Sonic was now in a whole new world and he was going to live in this world… alone.

Author's Note:

Hey there everypony! It's been a longtime coming, but I'm officially writing not only a crossover story, but also my very first story about the Blue Blur himself! And what better time to start a new story is on the 10th Anniversary of MLP: FiM! :pinkiehappy:

I wanted to write a story involving Sonic for quite some time, but I held back due to the fact that there was so many stories about the blue hedgehog already! That... and almost most stories about him was... mixed on this site.

But after watching the Sonic the Hedgehog movie (which I enjoyed it by the way), I was inspired to do my own take of the film. And a crossover with the Equestria Girls universe is just perfect for the story!

I know Sonic is not for everyone (as well as Equestria Girls), but all I ask is to give this story a chance and I will do the best I can to entertain you and I hope you enjoy the story!

I will also list some fun facts every now and then for references/Easter eggs used in each chapter in the author's notes if anyone's interested.

Speaking of which, here are the first few:

The music that was used in the island scene at the beginning of the movie, was the same music that was used in the opening animation for Sonic Mania was called Friends by Hyper Potions.

The "tribe warriors" Longclaw was referring to was the Echidna tribe, aka The Knuckles Clan.

Edit: Also according to Tyson Hess, the echidna that shot Longclaw was actually Pachacamac (the leader) from Sonic Adventure. Special thanks to sonicandmario826 for pointing that out.

Before anyone asked, no, Knuckles won't appear in this story.

I'm not sure if this was intentional, but it's possible that the origin of the Longclaw character from the movie was based on the tile-shaped walls which resembled to owls in the Labyrinth Zone from Sonic 1. One of those titles even made a brief appearance at the beginning of the film which was engraved into a rock.

The engraved rock in question is on the bottom left of this image.

We're not done, because there are two more chapters for you to read at the start! Most of the story was already written, so you'll get a new chapter every Saturday! Hope you all looking forward to it! :raritywink:

Anyway, all criticism is welcome, but please be polite! :pinkiesmile:

Chapters Next