• Published 24th Aug 2012
  • 1,562 Views, 18 Comments

Lyra's Diary - KMCA



The Jumper version of AJ's Diary. Now with 100% Lyra

  • ...
3
 18
 1,562

Chapter 15

Minor discussions on Matthew’s home. Similar to what we know about minotaurs, humans are tool users. However unlike minotaurs they seem to appreciate nature, I will need to check this theory in conversation with Alex Roberts before adding this to my work.

Matthew has implied that he and Alex are very different, I cannot see many differences in casual observation. Both have the same skin and hair colors along with roughly the same shape (although having yet to see Matthew naked I cannot be sure.) leaving height as the largest noticeable difference.

Differences in behaviour however are more common, perhaps signifying a different land or “nation” of origin. Although from what I have overheard from Alex’s discussions with Twilight different nations speak with different accents or even languages. Similar to how cities here often have unique accents. Myself and Twilight have naturally suppressed our native Canterlotian accents in order to generate acceptance here in Ponyville, perhaps human nations should be thought of as city states similar to ancient Equestria (pre-unification era research needed to verify)


“Ahem. Ms. Heartstrung?” A figure looked over my shoulder, something my sitting position on the bench usually prevented.


“Heartstrings.” Couldn’t he see I was busy?

“I am Dr. Ocsid. I represent a group interested in your human research.” My magic slammed my diary research book closed.

“Excellent, I’ve already produced one book. You can start with that.” I’ve changed my entire life and spent almost every spare bit on my research since before the humans arrived, if they wanted my information they would have to give me the respect of at least paying for my book and reading it.

“We were hoping for something uncovered by your books.” No. That thin tailed brat wants to steal credit for MY research, I think not.

“No. If it wasn’t included in my first book it may be included on my second book, it’s in research stages right now so you will have to wait.” Be strong, be firm. Don’t let him sweet talk you out of getting the acceptance you’ve sought most of your life.

“I see, well I doubt you would be publishing this information. You see, my group wishes to know how likely they are to willingly serve a force not in line with the harmony of the world. Perhaps on how to force them to change their minds if they did, theoretically join them. This is all theory of course, I’m sure the Royal Guard has already approached such a fine researcher to find this out. I’m sure they wouldn’t go to a second rate anthropologist like Twilight Sparkle for this.”

Of course they wouldn’t, Twilight doesn’t have a clue on how to do original research. She’s all about collating previously gathered information and adding the facts together to get results.

But they haven’t come to me about it…

“I’m afraid I cannot comment on jobs I may or may not be doing for the Royal Guard Mr.Ocsid.” Leave him the impression that I AM the go to mare for humans, even if Twilight is I don’t want to lose my reputation before it even gets started.

“Doctor! My name is Dr.Ocsid! I didn’t go through years of e- I mean medical school to be called mister Ocsid, that ruins the whole point!”

Woah, he’s got a temper.

“Look, Dr.Ocsid. I’m trying to relax here and get my thoughts in order for the next chapter. If you could make like a changeling and buzz off I’d really appreciate it, humans are a very complex and contradictory species and it takes a lot of effort to understand them. If you’re that desperate then you can find one and ask them yourself, they’re a fairly friendly species and unlike some ponies I do not hide research materials from others. Have a good day.”

Comments ( 3 )

... thin tailed brat ...

Best. Insult. Ever!

5614339 It just came to me. For some reason I feel like the tail would be worse to have go bald.

This never happened! Although... I atleast want a human, if I can't be one. And this is not what my diary looks like!

Login or register to comment