• Published 23rd Aug 2012
  • 11,553 Views, 34 Comments

Pretty Little Ditty - Closer-To-The-Sun



A compilation of short, one chapter fan-fictions.

  • ...
2
 34
 11,553

Hurt (Twilight Sparkle X Spike)

Hurt

“If I could start again/A million miles away/I will keep myself/I would find a way.” –Nine Inch Nails, “Hurt”

Night had blanketed Equestria. The only natural light given was from Princess Luna's moon and the stars that dotted the sky. There was, however, light from inside of buildings shining out into the night. One of those builds was the Ponyville library, home of the resident librarian, Twilight Sparkle, and her assistant Spike. Inside, the purple unicorn was lying on a couch, reading from a book. Unfortunately, her favorite pastime was interrupted by the front door being flung open by a sobbing dragon.

Alarmed, Twilight Sparkle looked at who entered, "Spike? What's wrong? Are you okay?"

Spike didn't speak, he rushed as fast as his little legs could carry him. Passing the bookshelves and the unicorn, the purple and green dragon made his way up the staircase to his small bed. Diving head first into his bed, he buried his head into his pillows he continued sobbing..

A few moments later, Twilight trotted up behind the crying dragon and echoed her concern, "Spike, are you alright? Did something happen?"

Taking quick, staccato breaths, Spike replied, "She….she said….no...."

"I beg your pardon?" the pony couldn't follow.

"Rarity…." he restated as he spoke between tears, "she….told me….she already….had s-somepony special…."

The mare took a big sigh of relief, "That's it? Goodness, Spike, I was worried that it was something awful."

"But it is!" the dragon cried out.

"Spike, it's not the end of Equestria. So what if she has somepony special?" Twilight used her magic to get a tissue for Spike.

"I loved her, Twilight….I really did," Spike's voice was becoming more relaxed, but he was still crying.

"I know, Spike."

Taking the tissue, the small dragon wiped his eyes of his tears. There was a pause between the two that only had the sound of Spike sniffling between the two.

Twilight broke the silence, "How are you feeling Spike?"

Spike raised a eyebrow, "Well, I'm sad. Isn't that kind of obvious?"

"Well yes, but I meant aren't you happy for her?"

Spike was puzzled, "Happy for her?"

"Yeah, now that she has somepony special. Remember when she was stressed about Prince Blueblood after the gala?"

Sighing, Spike agreed, "I guess you have a point, Twilight. I am happy for her, but…."

"But?"

"It hurts…."

Giving a small smirk, Twilight gave a hug to her crestfallen assistant, "I know it does, Spike. Such things always will hurt."

Hugging the mare back, Spike's eyes began to water slightly, "When will it stop?"

"I don't know, Spike….it might never stop hurting," Twilight's eyes also began to turn misty as she held the dragon, "but no matter how much it hurts, I'll be here for you, Spike."

END