• ...
51
 1,533
 5,535

PreviousChapters Next
Imaginations from the Other Side - Episode 3

"What exactly was up with that last chapter?" Rainbow Dash asked, adjusting her sunglasses and shifting in her sunlounger to lie more comfortably on it.

"Honestly? Probably just the writer trying to get artsy." Twilight took a sip from her drink, lying prone on her towel.

The Sun slowly moved closer to the horizon, not yet reaching sunset but already colouring the sky and ocean with tinges of orange and red.

"What was half of that even supposed to mean? It all sounded like jargon." Rainbow pushed a particularly daring crab off of herself with a wing.

"It probably was," Twilight answered.

"Oh well. I've messed with time before, and there haven't been any noticeable consequences." Rainbow placed her hooves behind her neck, trying to relax.

Removing a small emerald from her mouth, Rarity trotted back to her own towel. "Discussing the newest chapter? I haven't actually read it yet." She gave a brief look around. "It seems I have left my tablet inside."

"Just use mine." Fluttershy held out her tablet for the unicorn to grab, then went back to focusing on her seashells collection.

Pinkie looked in her direction. "Did you find anything I could use here?" She tapped the vaguely elephant-like sand sculpture in front of her, then immediately moved to hold it as it shook a little.

Fluttershy paused for a moment. "Sorry, I don't think I have. I can try looking for some long ones for the tusks if you want."

Pinkie shrugged. "Don't stress about it." She picked up a cupcake from the tray she kept nearby and popped it into her mouth.

Twilight picked up a gumball from the tall pile at her side and began to chew on it.

"Huh." Rarity set Fluttershy's tablet back down. "That was indeed odd. Do you think it's meant to be meta or is it an in-universe sort of thing?"

"If it wasn't meant to be meta then he did a really poor job at it," Twilight said between chews. "Because it reads meta. And it's not like we've seen examples of someone who could be reading that in the story."

"Oh, well. At least elsewhere the plot seems to be moving." Rarity lay down on her back.

"And completely still in other places," Twilight replied. "Still waiting on the next update for that cracks world."

Rarity bit the corner of her lips. "It is admittedly a lot he's trying to juggle. And some of it does feel, well..."

"Useless fluff?" Twilight looked at Rarity.

The unicorn gave a guilty half-nod.

"Can you excuse me for a moment?" Applejack asked, standing up. "I have a thing I need to check on."

"Oh, sure." Twilight just smiled at her, and then went back to chatting with the others.

Applejack walked away from the group, up until she reached a tall enough rock to hide her entirely. Stepping behind it, she had a look around, to make sure no one else was close. A bit hesitant, she cleared her throat. "Fuck?" she said. Then she looked around again, suspicious and confused, her eyes searching for something she couldn't find.

Author's Note:

Proofreading by IncongruousAndHarmonious

PreviousChapters Next