• ...
51
 1,533
 5,535

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 76

Chrysalis carefully opened the door, her disguise restored but her horn ready to strike. No one was there. Nervous, she locked the door again, and turned back towards the trapped mare. She needed to get away from there, and make sure whoever had found her lost track of her. She would have wanted to silence them directly, but with no lead on their identity it wasn't safe for her to expose herself.


Sunburst looked in every direction around him. But no matter what, the mare wasn't there. He even tried to open the doors on each side and peek into the other wagons, but she wasn't there either. If she'd used magic, he hadn't noticed at all. No sound or light or movement from her horn, she was just there a second and gone the next. He'd even smacked his legs against the seats given how she'd disappeared from below him. Confused, he returned to his old sitting position and opened the book again.


Firecracker stepped through the door and into the building. There was another pony with them, the owner noted. A pegasus mare, with a blonde mane and a grey coat. Neither one of the two said anything, and though the mare did look around the place with a curious glint in her eyes she followed the other to a table, where the two sat down to wait. Smiling to himself, the owner headed towards the kitchen.


Scarlet Ribbon stared out of her window, worried. He was nowhere to be seen. Last time she'd seen him, he was heading towards the woods. That had been over a day before at that point. It wasn't the first time he left to go somewhere else, and it wasn't her responsibility to keep track of him, but still she feared he would be in danger. He'd always been if not a friend at least a close acquaintance, and seeing him lose himself like that had hurt. She wished she could help him in some way.


Rarity slowly came back to awareness, the rays of the Sun streaming through the blinders like blades striking her eyes. It wouldn't be completely correct to say she woke up, as she'd been closer to passed out than asleep. A hand reached out for her phone on the nightstand, only to strike against naked wood. Then she remembered that it was still in her pocket, in the jacket she was still wearing. With no real energy to her motions, she fetched it out, opening it to reveal dozens of unread messages she didn't want to go through, missed calls, and an hour that wasn't morning by any possible definition.


Twilight held Celestia against the wall by the neck, staring into her eyes. Their breath was the only sound in the dark and empty hallway. For a few long moments, nothing more happened, as the two only studied each other. Then, Twilight let go, turned around and silently walked away, leaving Celestia to fall back to her hooves and catch her breath.

Author's Note:

Proofreading by IncongruousAndHarmonious

PreviousChapters Next