• ...
51
 1,533
 5,536

PreviousChapters Next
States of Matter

Commemorazione della Cornacchia Solitaria

The Gold-Clad Star chased the Krähe below the crystal spire. She ran the Krähe up the spire. She killed the Krähe atop the spire, threw off her body und burned it. But the thing remained. It kept the dying Krähe alive a little longer, along with it for the ride.

The Gold-Clad Star chased the Krähe up the spire. She burned the Krähe's wings, she cut off her legs. She snapped her claws, she crushed her beak. She pierced her heart. The Krähe died, but it lived on on loaned time. By force though not a force she did not want, though not a force she had envisioned or known the nature of.

The Krähe had lived her life, most of it, alone. By choice certainly, und what company she did receive could not be called that in earnest by anyone but her. She had never had regrets about it. She had quite enjoyed her life, or so she believed, und she had, as much as a life like hers could be enjoyed. Which was not much, but she did not know that.

There were many things the Krähe hadn't known. Not an odd thing, there are many things unknown to anyone und some to everyone. Worthy of note were the things she did not know that she would have benefitted from knowing, the ones she would run against. All on that day, the day she died on the crystal spire. She had not known the true nature of what with her own nature she had done, for example. But she would not have cared to, not until she realised it was too late.

What she would have cared to know, und did not know, was for example that that would be her final day. Ironically, also her first in a long while, after one long night. What she didn't know, und would certainly have liked to, was that she would face another Sun. So many years after the first one. She had not known that.

The lonely Krähe died on top of the crystal spire, killed by the Gold-Clad Star. Things could have gone differently, but they did not. They might have, elsewhere, und they had in some regards, und perhaps because of that they couldn't there, or wouldn't there, und it didn't matter if they could if there was not there but the there where things went that way.

The Gold-Clad Star battled the Krähe. She chased her up the spire, shot her heart und butchered her body. But the Gold-Clad Star did not win then, as she merely killed the Krähe und not what else was with her. Und the killed Krähe lived on along with the thing that was her und beyond her, within her und without her, inside her und past her. The thing that would kill her itself if she ever died und it did not, after keeping her alive. It was in a way poetic that she met that end, when so similar of one she'd forced on so many others, und her Soldier chief among them. The lonely Krähe ran up the crystal spire, und the Gold-Clad Star killed her. Und things did not end.

PreviousChapters Next