• ...
51
 1,533
 5,531

PreviousChapters Next
Drinking

"We'll have to be quick." Applejack finished tying the last soldier's hooves together. "Get in contact with the constructs, tell them to get into position," she said to the unicorn.

They'd gotten into the building more easily than they thought they'd be able to, but still they were in danger. Only a couple soldiers had been there, at least on the floor they were on and along the path they'd taken, but as they'd been able to observe they were performing regular checks with the ones around the portal and the weapon down below. They had, at most, a couple minutes to act before the enemies discovered something was amiss.

Pinkie stood with her eyes glued to the window, looking down below and figuring out the best path for them to follow. The specific room they were in had a sliding glass door that led to a balcony, so it would be easy to get down, and thankfully the angle prevented soldiers below from noticing them. As for the occasional pegasi patrolling the sky, the unicorn had cast a spell to make it so the sunlight would seem as if it was bouncing into their eyes in case they tried to look there, which would hopefully keep them from doing so long enough for their plan to unfold. The room was a few floors high, but not too high for them not to jump down.

"Ready whenever you say go," said the stallion to Applejack.

"Hold it," Pinkie said to her as well. "Give it a moment, the guards are on this side right now." She bit her lower lip in nervousness. In a lower tone, she added, "That one kinda looks like..." But she didn't finish the sentence and just shook herself instead.

"Much longer?" asked Applejack. "We don't want that thing to start ringing."

"Give it ten more seconds," said Pinkie. "You two can get in position in the meantime." She pulled out a balloon filled with potion. "I think I know which ones to hit. A couple will probably spot you anyway. Applejack, stay on his left side."

Applejack placed herself in front of the large sliding door, tense and ready to kick through it, while the unicorn placed a silencing spell on it so that wouldn't attract too much attention. He also readied his horn for the illusion spells he was about to cast.

Pinkie sucked in a breath and stepped back, readying herself as well. "Tell them to go." As the stallion sent the message, she added, "We're going in three. Two. One."

The first sounds of commotion came from outside. Applejack smashed the glass to shards with a kick, and immediately the stallion rushed forward and unleashed a flurry of spells to their right where the constructs were charging forward. Applejack jumped down from the balcony, and Pinkie hurled a balloon that impacted against a soldier and left her paralysed.

The unicorn landed at Applejack's side and began to run with her towards the portal, while Pinkie landed behind them already wielding another potion-filled balloon. A couple of soldiers did spot them, though most others seemed preoccupied with what else was happening on the other end of the crossroad.

Then things ground to a halt as the sound from the machine suddenly became unbearable.

PreviousChapters Next