• ...
51
 1,533
 5,535

PreviousChapters Next
Unleft

Twilight quietly stepped into the room, let inside by a pair of guards. She was still visibly tired, but less so than she'd been before, and her horn was usable for more substantial spellcasting again. Immediately a doctor headed towards her, ready to take care of her. She let him do as he had to, taking a moment to just wind down and breathe out slowly.

Shining noticed her before she noticed him. "Twily!" he said, getting up to greet her and regretting it as he walked towards her. "I'm so glad you're safe." Reached the alicorn, he wrapped his forelegs around her and laid his head over hers. "I was worried about you," he murmured.

"I was worried about you too," Twilight said to him as she returned the hug. "I'm glad to know you're okay. Cadence too?" She looked around the room, and found the alicorn was walking towards her.

"Celestia is here too," Shining said, looking towards her corner while Cadence reached them. "No one in the tower was hurt. Sombra might not be dead, but he hasn't come back."

"The portal you were aiming for has apparently been closed," Cadence explained once she'd also shared a hug with Twilight. "It must have been the commotion. We haven't seen a new one open yet on the map."

"Starlight isn't here right now," Shining intervened. "She's taking care of an issue outside."

"I see." Twilight nodded. She frowned slightly, then shook her head. "I'll have to talk with Sunburst soon, he's not here, right?" Meanwhile, her eyes settled on Celestia.

"No, he's in a different building," Cadence said. "We could have him called if you want."

"No need." Twilight shook her head again, and hugged both Shining and Cadence again. "I'll see him myself later." With that, she began to head towards Celestia.

Celestia had noticed Twilight come in, and had been looking at her while Shining and Cadence had approached her. But once she'd seen Twilight move she'd set her head on her forelegs, crossed together in front of her, and looked to the side. Twilight sat down in front of her, and silently tilted her head, looking at her.

After a few seconds of silence, Celestia finally spoke, still without looking at Twilight. "I saw that thing blasting through the sky. I'm glad you made it through." She sounded sincere, yet distant. "I hope my sister will as well."

Twilight was quiet for a bit. "I hope she will too." She was silent again for a few more seconds, and tilted her head to the other side. "You don't look bad with your mane shortened like that." A couple more moments of silence. "I'm glad you're alright. I didn't really get a chance to say so earlier."

Celestia just breathed for a while, slowly, heavily. "Thank you," she finally said. "This is what I get then, right? Now of all times?"

Twilight scooted a little closer, and brought a hoof to Celestia's cheek. Celestia noticed the little cracks and wounds where the crystals had dug into it. She finally turned to Twilight, looking at her and lifting her head, and put one of her hooves over the other's.

"You still don't want it back, right?" Twilight asked.

"It would be of no use in my current state, anyway." Celestia also moved closer, and slid her foreleg over Twilight's until she was touching her shoulder. "Thank you," she quietly said.

Twilight exhaled, slowly, quietly. Despite everything, she didn't feel her tiredness any more. "Thank you," she said, looking Celestia back in her eyes.

PreviousChapters Next