• ...
51
 1,533
 5,535

PreviousChapters Next
Progress

"It can't be too hard," Rainbow said, circling over the library at Twilight's side.

"It can now that they know we're here." The two kept rapidly moving, having become the target of several different groups on the ground. "Hopefully it doesn't mean they're tightening security on the other portals too."

"You did what you should have done," Rainbow reassured her. "I'm sure we'll manage to get through."

"I can't just fire this thing blindly." Twilight took a dive to her right. "I don't trust going down there though. If they're smart they'll have set up traps."

"Do you think we should go help your brother?"

Twilight shook her head. "As long as we're out here, we're a target for them to focus on. As long as they don't actually hit us, that means we're taking heat off of everyone else. Besides, Shining and Cadence can deal with Sombra."

As they passed over the street beside the library, they both slowed down slightly and looked down. "I think I see it," Rainbow said. "Can you aim at it from here?"

"Not while I'm moving." Twilight sped up. "And I can't dive down there, the shield wouldn't hold." Furrowing her brow, she cast another sphere of crackling energy towards the specific spot they had noticed. As she'd imagined, it shattered uselessly against a barrier put up above the area, its energy hitting no one as it released.

Rainbow frowned as well. "Do you think you could set up a distraction?"

"What kind?" Twilight took a hard turn left, which Dash had no trouble following.

"Leave me with an illusion of you to fly around, then you sneak up on them." Some worry cracked into Rainbow's voice as she noticed the amount of spells being fired at them had increased again. She looked down, and her suspicions were confirmed as she saw more soldiers walking into the street, alongside a few mutated ones.

"Even if I could cast that kind of illusion on myself and you mid flight and make it all look believable, which I probably could if you gave me half a minute, I'd have to either leave you without the shield or constantly split my attention between keeping it on you and active and whatever else I would be doing." Sparkles of magic sizzled against the outer edges of the shield as Twilight spoke, the hailstorm of spells too dense to fully avoid at that point. Out of caution, Twilight drew the shield inwards, making it smaller but more resistant. "I am not letting you fly around unprotected. We need you for the Elements."

Flying closer to Twilight, Rainbow pursed her lips in frustration, but only for a moment. She would have preferred being able to use the Elements right away and then deal with the army, but she knew that would not have worked out. "I think I can help you break through down there," she said, and suddenly her sword materialised at her side, floating by her. "I'm not sure how much I can do on this side, but I think I..." She trailed off as she looked down to the portal again. "We need to get this done quick," she said, seeing what was being carried through.

PreviousChapters Next