• ...
51
 1,533
 5,533

PreviousChapters Next
Post Pone

"The forest has been... quieter, lately," said Luna, looking over the trees below them. It was true. The place appeared far less deformed compared to how it had in the previous months, and even the creatures in it had decreased in number and ferocity.

Rainbow looked down as well, sitting at her side. "What do you think it was?"

"Hard to say," Luna replied. "It felt like... Like the place was waiting something. Like something was about to happen. Things kept getting more frenzied, the nightmares more twisted. Then, one night, it was all over."

Rainbow hesitated, looking at her teacher and wondering about her tone. "Is that not a good thing?" she asked.

"It might be," Luna said, serious. "It might not be. Without knowing what actually happened, it's hard to tell. If what was agitating the forest is gone, or if it has simply moved somewhere else, we won't know by just looking around. We won't know until it starts creating problems again, in the worst case."

Rainbow blinked a couple of times, and looked to the forest again. "And is there any way to try to figure out what was causing all of that?"

After a moment of silence, Luna said, "There might be. Dreams are memories, or composed of them in part at least, and a dream itself can... But I won't bother you with it. It's something too dangerous for you to come. I will attempt to seek out the information myself, and hopefully have something worthwhile come of it."

Rainbow watched in awe as Luna suddenly materialised a large silver bow at her side, which tensed by itself and shot its arrow towards the trees below them. A single croaked cry came after the impact, and then the sound of a large body tumbling to the ground.

"But this does mean we have more time to talk about other matters," Luna said, casually dismissing her bow. "I finally had a chance to visit that mare you told me about. Good Day," she said, turning towards Rainbow.

The pegasus forced her mouth closed, then nodded. "I remember her. I don't think I've ever seen her dreams again, though."

"They were just as you'd described them to me," said Luna. "Perfectly normal days, with nothing odd about them. But I did take the liberty to observe them more properly, in ways you wouldn't be able to. It might surprise you to know that there is absolutely nothing weird or out of the ordinary about them. It seems she simply is the kind of mare whose dreams do not differ from her reality." Luna smiled while thinking about it. "Given she appears to enjoy them, it may be a sign that she leads a particularly good life as far as she's concerned. Perhaps she's simply content with it."

"Huh." Rainbow wanted to ask about the bow thing, but decided it wasn't the right moment for it. "Where does she live?" she asked instead.

Luna's eyebrows took a curious curve. "Do you wish to visit her in the waking world?"

Rainbow pursed her lips inward, suddenly slightly embarrassed by the situation.

Luna smiled at her. "There's nothing odd about it. I myself have seeked out a few ponies whose dreams fascinated me over the course of my life. I shall take you to her if you desire, in the following days."

Rainbow slowly nodded. "I'd like that. It's not like I... It's..."

"I understand," said Luna with a smile. "This kind of curiosity is a natural thing. There's nothing wrong with indulging it a little. How does two days from now sound?"

"Sounds fine to me," Rainbow said, nodding her head to shake off the awkwardness.

"It's decided, then."

PreviousChapters Next