• ...
51
 1,533
 5,512

PreviousChapters Next
Hig Lif

The colours and sounds of the club blended together around her, but she didn't pay attention to any of it. She didn't care about the faces of the other creatures, or the words of the music, or what anyone was saying. That was kind of the point of it all. She was there to relax, and nothing helped her relax like a wall of light and noise loud and bright enough to just let herself go in it.

Except for whatever it was they slipped into her drink when she asked for it. She didn't care what it was either, just that it didn't hurt the morning after. She was pretty sure that unicorn DJ was taking some of it too anyway. Besides, anyone who'd been there more than once would know about it, if the place hadn't been closed down yet it wasn't anything serious.

Lightning leaned back into her seat, taking another sip of her drink. She wasn't exactly sure what kind of drink it was either. Something with alcohol in it, but not too strong. Maybe some fruit too? Her mouth was a little too dry to taste properly. Of course she would have actually known what she was drinking if she'd paid any attention when she was being served, but she was too tired for that.

Missions did always leave her like that. At the end of one she was basically moving on inertia alone, schedules too ingrained in her somehow preventing her body from just dropping into sleep when by all other means it should have. Soarin' didn't get hit like that. He wasn't as tired, on average. Sure, he had it pretty rough sometimes, when he really had to push himself, but it was different for her. She was always pushing herself when she went on a mission.

Maybe she would need to talk about it with Twilight. She knew she wouldn't, but in that moment she was a sufficient mix of tired, drunk, and otherwise intoxicated to actually entertain a thought such as that. Speaking of the Princess, she was technically the one paying for that and all her other visits to the club. Lightning did wonder if she'd ever get asked about it one day. Maybe Twilight would want to see the place for herself. That was a fun mental image.

The pegasus leaned even further back into her seat and slid down, almost to the point of practically lying with her back where her hindquarters should have been instead. She was never quite sure whether it was the feeling of the drug going into her veins or the regular feeling of alcohol doing the same perceived through the drug's distortion, but she always got a kick out of it when it happened.

She'd probably spend the rest of the night there on her seat, lying on her side, maybe accidentally drooling a little on the floor as she got the closest thing to sleep her body allowed her to have outside of her usual schedules. Then at some point she would pass out, the place would close down, and the royal guard waiting for her outside would carry her back to the place she was staying at.

Business as usual. She should probably ask for that guard's name at some point.

Author's Note:

Proofreading by IncongruousAndHarmonious

PreviousChapters Next