• ...
51
 1,533
 5,535

PreviousChapters Next
Vi

"Does she have to send us?" Soarin' lamented, eating his lunch while rain poured down outside the shelter they'd found. "She has faster ways to get this to the laboratory than us."

"You can't force that poor mare to do all the work," Lightning replied. "And if you could we'd be out of a job. Besides, if the princess sent us the long way she must have her reasons." She eyed the bag they were supposed to be carrying, resting in a corner.

"Do you think it's something dangerous?" Soarin' asked.

"It's always something dangerous, I shouldn't have to remind you of where it came from," Lightning said. "But I don't think it's immediately dangerous. It's not gonna blow up in our faces or anything. It's stable. I think the issue is that she's not sure it would be stable if she sent it the other way."

"I guess that makes sense." Soarin' ate some more in silence. "They day she told us she'd started sending packages the fast way I really thought we would be out of a job. It's good that we're still useful for something."

"That's why you came to her in the first place, isn't it?" asked Lightning. "To be useful."

"It is," he replied. "And you? You never told me exactly why you decided to tag along."

"And I'm not going to tell you now, either." The storm outside gave no signs of slowing down, and Lightning began to eat her own lunch. "I'm helping you and I'm helping Equestria, and I'm not hurting anyone. That's all you need to care about."

Soarin' looked at her, then shook his head. He knew he wasn't going to get more out of her right then, not even pointing out the obvious, so he just focused on finishing his lunch, occasionally throwing a glance at the bag in the corner.

PreviousChapters Next