• ...
51
 1,533
 5,536

PreviousChapters Next
Post Mortal

"How do you think she'll go about choosing them?"

"Huh?"

"The guards. The subjects. The rest of the ponies she'll send our way to work on."

The mare thought about it, watching through the glass window the demonstration taking place in the courtyard below. "The stupid ones, for sure. No amount of raw power is worth giving up a good tactician, not when you can lose anyone else instead. The ones that fucked up at some point, she'll present it like a chance at redemption for them. The ones who have shown they can physically take it. The ones that know too much."

"Us. Eventually." The stallion also watched. It was always weird to see the fruits of his labour in action. It did give him a little pride, and as earned as he knew it was it still didn't feel right. "I suppose two more weapons are preferable to two corpses."

"It's certainly a good way to go about recycling trash." The mare sighed. "If we ever finish working on this thing, I suppose we will end up like that." She failed to keep a straight face long enough for the other to reply.

He started chuckling too. "I'm sure she does have some researchers she doesn't consider expendable. Probably frozen in a pod somewhere."

"Hah!" The mare snorted. "I doubt it. Not if what I've read is true, and I'm pretty sure it is." She went serious again. "There's no one she can't get rid of if she really wants to. She doesn't do it all the time I'm sure, but she has her ways of getting whatever she might ever need out of a pony. Permanently."

PreviousChapters Next