• ...
51
 1,533
 5,533

PreviousChapters Next
Opening

"I've thought about it, actually."

"What?" asked Sunset.

"What you suggested," Twilight replied. "Moving everyone here through the portals. I'm keeping it as a last resort, and I'm not sure it would work out smoothly, but it is a possibility."

Sunset went to sit down next to the other girl, watching the Sun set from the side of the hill. "I know what you're thinking."

"I wouldn't just be asking them to leave their homes. I'd be depriving them of their magic, and forcing them to adapt to a completely different reality. I'd be forcing foals who haven't even gotten their cuite marks to come here. I'd be forcing some to live without even a memory of Equestria." Twilight bit her lip. "And that's just the ponies. Dragons we might find a different universe for, but if they were to come here and they all went through the same transformation as Spike... And I don't even know what would happen if a changeling came through!"

"It's a lot," Sunset agreed. "It's a lot to impose on someone else, even for their own good. I've been here for years and I'm still not fully used to it, and I chose to stay because I had something here. I can't imagine having no choice, and I can't imagine having to make that choice for someone else, even if I was saving them."

"If. If it means saving them. If this world is safe." Twilight looked to the ground, biting her lips harder than usual. "I don't have too many hopes of that. You saw what happened with just what the Behemoth has done so far, and now Equestria and this world are even more connected."

Sunset slipped an arm around Twilight's shoulders. "I'm sure you'll find a way to fix it. I'm sure we all will. Together."

PreviousChapters Next