• ...
51
 1,533
 5,533

PreviousChapters Next
Shooting Stars

"I learned how to tie a noose today."

Indigo Zap looked down from her bed. "What?"

"A noose," Lemon repeated. "A hangman's knot. A collar if you wanna use the really old term, even though I'm pretty sure no one's been using that for centuries." While speaking, Lemon didn't take her eyes away from her computer monitor.

Indigo sat on her bed. "Are you alright?" she asked.

"Did you know that the number of loops on a hangman's knot used for executions is traditionally thirteen?" Lemon completely ignored the question. "Mostly in myth and folklore, though, in practice usually less were used."

"Lem', I'm serious." Indigo dropped off from her bed and began to walk towards the table Lemon was sat at. "Is everything okay?"

"If a package comes it's probably mine, I bought some rope earlier," Lemon said. "Do you think light blue is a good colour? Oh, whatever, too late to change it now."

"Lemon!" Indigo slammed her palms on the table. "I'm serious."

Lemon's face peeked out from behind her screen. "Relax, Indy. If I wanted to kill myself I wouldn't use hanging, there are much simpler and less painful ways to do it." She returned to looking at the screen. "And I wouldn't play this will I won't I sort of game, either I'd tell you about it clearly and upfront or I wouldn't say anything."

Indigo took a slow breath, partly a sigh of relief. "What do you need the rope for, then?"

"To tie a noose," Lemon replied.

Indigo stuttered for a moment. "What do you need the noose for?"

"No spoilers. Nothing illegal though, don't worry about it."

PreviousChapters Next