• ...
51
 1,533
 5,536

PreviousChapters Next
Imaginations from the Other Side - Episode 10

Applejack blinked. "Hey! You cut me off!"

"I did." Pinkie smirked. "It's the kind of trick you learn how to do when you spend enough time messing with the meta."

"Is that even the right way to say that?" Applejack shook herself. "Nevermind that. Things are even worse off now! We've even got portals!"

"Shh." Pinkie slid closer to Applejack and put a hoof on her shoulder. "Relax. Everything is going to be just fine."

Applejack yelled, "The end of the world could be coming and you ask me to be calm?" She moved to the side, shrugging Pinkie off of herself.

"Eh." Pinkie shrugged. "I don't think it's really coming. It wouldn't make too much sense."

Applejack stopped in her nervous jitter and blinked. "How does it not make sense?"

"Think about where all this stuff is coming from," Pinkie explained. "It can't actually be related. It's all just a cosmic coincidence."

Applejack took deep slow breaths and thought it over. "But how?"

Pinkie shrugged again. "I've seen weirder things happen. It's not like we're causing earthquakes. Either way, you know as well as I that this means there will be a solution."

"As if he cares about the way things go! When has that ever stopped anyone?" Applejack's tone grew louder again.

"He seems to be sticking pretty close to things for now," Pinkie said. "I would trust him there."

"Only because there's still a road to follow. Soon as that's over, we'll have no walls to stop us from falling." Applejack sat down on her favourite stool. "It's just a matter of time. Things can be refitted, it might be solved once but that wouldn't mean it will stay that way."

"Even so," said Pinkie, "it's outside of our control. We should be focusing our attention elsewhere for the time being."

Applejack sighed and looked up at her. "On the story still?" She swallowed. "I suppose you have a point."

"It's been stagnating." Pinkie took a seat in front of Applejack.

"I thought you were supposed to be the positive one."

"Maybe we're more than the matter required to fill our moulds." Pinkie moved her neck from side to side, listening to the way it popped. "Would you rather focus on things here?"

"It's been a while since we've seen Nova, hasn't it?" Applejack grabbed a cupcake from the counter and began to eat it.

"It has."

Applejack swallowed. "Do you think we've seen the end of things as far as weirdness goes, here?"

Pinkie shook her head. "I doubt it. But it's more likely that we'll just get used to it, like they did. Or maybe not like they did."

"Fair enough." Applejack took another bite out of her cupcake. Then she sighed. "Is there anything we can do? Anything at all?"

Pinkie pursed her lips, frowning deep in thought. "Maybe... Maybe there is something we could be doing, actually."

Applejack lit up. "Really?"

"Yep." Pinkie nodded. "But first, I can teach you that trick I

PreviousChapters Next