• ...
51
 1,533
 5,533

PreviousChapters Next
Chalk on the Surface of the Sea

How hard could it be, realistically, to find one single pony in all of Equestria? It really depended on the approach. For the sake of having a lower boundary, she could assume the worst case scenario. Ignore that things like cities and population density existed, ignore that ponies wouldn't live inside lakes or rivers, ignore how much one of them could stand out and how much communication and word of mouth could help her research.

At worst, she would have to physically check the entire country. Every square metre, one at a time. Then, it was just a matter of how big Equestria was, and how fast she could go over it. And the answer to her little math problem, surprisingly, was that she could have actually checked the whole country pretty damn fast. In only a few days if she wanted to, actually. Sure, a huge task in terms of magical energy, and a physically and mentally taxing one. But she could do it, easily, if she really wanted to.

The real question, then, was another. Why didn't she do it? Why did she spend her time elsewhere, doing other things?

Stella bit the inside of her cheek, almost hard enough to draw blood.

PreviousChapters Next