• ...
51
 1,533
 5,513

PreviousChapters Next
Losfer

"What is it?" asked Shining, taking the package in his magic and beginning to unwrap it.

"The necessary tools to simplify communication," the mailmare explained, "as she'd anticipated in yesterday's letter. Specifically, a roll of parchment enchanted to work as a two way communication device between here and her version of it in Ponyville. Please remember to ask for a replacement when you're close to running out, and she'll make sure to send another one through me."

Shining looked at the parchment roll, held up in the glow of his telekinesis. "Thank you."

"I hope you won't feel bad about no longer being needed for our communications," said Cadence.

"It's no problem, Your Highness," the pegasus replied. "Truth be told, trips across the Wall can be quite taxing. But I'll still be useful for sending anything physical back and forth."

Cadence smiled at that. "I hope it won't be too much of a bother to you then. Flurry seems to like you." She ran a hoof over her daughter's mane, and the mare in front of her affectionately tapped the filly's nose.

"One more thing," the blonde pegasus added. She took out another, smaller and flat package, more of a regular letter really. "This is a modified version of a teleportation spell. In case you can't use the communicator anymore, use it on a piece of paper after you've written whatever message you wish to send on it with the necessary tool, and I'll find it eventually." She passed the letter to Shining, who opened it and began to look over the spell.

"What tool, exactly?" Cadence asked.

The grey mare put a wing into her own mouth, pulled off a quill from it, then passed it to a mildly speechless Cadence. "Regular ink will do fine."

"Can I ask what your name is?" Paper interjected.

PreviousChapters Next