• ...
51
 1,533
 5,536

PreviousChapters Next
Around

"What do you think it was?"

"I'm not sure it matters much what it was," the unicorn replied. "I think the real question is where it came from, and how. Because wherever that is, it seems to have gone back to it."

"I think the ponies in town would like to know what it was, too," said the pegasus. "More than they care about where it came and went, probably."

"Maybe you've got a point there. I guess we'll have to wait and hear what Princess Twilight has to say to them about it."

"Why doesn't she let us get closer?" the pegasus asked, turning his neck slightly to get a look at what was behind them.

The other guard stretched her neck from side to side. "It's probably easier for her to run her tests with no one else there. We might interfere with the readings."

"I guess that makes sense." The pegasus clicked his tongue and looked ahead again, straightening himself. "You've seen that place, right?"

"I have. Got a good look at it when we got here, from outside. Never seen anything like it." She tilted her head to better look at a hint of movement she'd spotted behind a tree, but it turned out to be just a bird.

"Do you have any idea what it might be?" the pegasus asked. "It almost looks like something had a crash landing there, but the town would have noticed if a meteor had fallen from the sky or similar."

"Probably the result of some spell, or other magical activity if we assume it's natural," the unicorn said. "Looks like it could be the end point of something like teleportation or similar. It would explain how that thing got here and then left."

"Do we even know it left?"

"Buddy, you've seen what that thing did around here, right?" asked the unicorn, glancing at the guard beside her. "If it was still here, we'd know."

The pegasus was silent for a bit, just doing his job. "So you're saying that thing could just teleport here, out of the blue?" he suddenly asked, interrupting his silence.

"I guess so, yeah."

PreviousChapters Next